The ancient lands.

4 posters

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread

Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread 56qtD

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medalw11Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medal13

: Male
     Rep16

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Empty Super Racer Z's Interview Thread

Post by Super Racer Z August 17th 2012, 8:53 am

After over two years of watching many other members create interview threads, I finally decided I might as well make one myself.

Go ahead and ask me anything you'd like.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread ZtZYh

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Blackr10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medalw11Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Zigzag10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread White10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medal13Super Racer Z's Interview Thread 2nio02t

Rep76

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Empty Re: Super Racer Z's Interview Thread

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 17th 2012, 1:13 pm

Why do you like racing?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 17th 2012, 1:58 pm

Why do you like Z so much? Super Racer Z, Lucky Gamer Z.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Blackr10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medalw11Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Zigzag10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread White10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medal13Super Racer Z's Interview Thread 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 17th 2012, 4:13 pm

What does Z stand for?
    Zezima
    Zezima
    Adeio Vasilia
    Adeio Vasilia

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Blackr10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread White10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread 2nio02t

Rep80

Post by Zezima August 17th 2012, 6:11 pm

Super Racer Z's signature since the beginning of time wrote:My Gamertag is Lucky Gamer Z and my name is Zack.

Mmk.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medalw11Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z August 17th 2012, 8:44 pm

Zezima wrote:
    Super Racer Z's signature since the beginning of time wrote:My Gamertag is Lucky Gamer Z and my name is Zack.

Mmk.

Heh.

But yeah, one of the main reasons I like the letter Z is because it's the first letter of my name. I also like the look and sound of it compared to other letters of the alphabet.

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Why do you like racing?

I got into racing at a very young age, and it always just clicked with me. I like the strategy and skill behind it. When it comes to simulation racing and racing in real life, you're always learning something. It is almost impossible to learn everything about racing. There's always a new track, new car, new type of motorsport, and new racing technique to learn and refine. You're always trying new things to gain an edge on your opponents or yourself.

You have to constantly read your car, the track, and your opponents when you race or hotlap. When hotlapping alone on the track, you have to understand your car and your driving style, and attempt to find the racing line that best suits both of those. When racing, you still must do this, but you must also read the other racers and adapt your racing line swiftly and accordingly to best gain ground on the other racers. The most difficult and intense part is setting up the overtake once you get to them. You have to alter your line in anticipation of their own line so you don't hit each other in the middle and you're able to get past them safely. You must also be able to react immediately to their mistakes and try to capitalize on it when possible. It is an incredibly difficult skill to build and always a challenge when tying to pass racers near your skill level.

I also love the exhilaration and adrenaline rush you get as you're constantly pushing the car at that razor's edge of performance. Even a delay of a hundredth of a second can be the difference between a lightning fast line or flying off the track when driving as fast as possible. You have to have the utmost concentration to stay within that millisecond zone of safety and correct any microscopic mistakes before they're able to manifest themselves as a loss of grip or instability and slow you down, or worse.

Lastly, I love how relaxing and calming it is. I know that sounds counter intuitive to everything I just said, but it is. When I drive, everything clicks; it just feels natural. In that moment when I'm having a good race or hotlapping session, my mind is devoted to nothing but racing, and my thoughts are focused and calm. It just feels right. This is probably the thing I've grown to love most about racing, even beyond that exhilaration provided by a top notch lap or race.

I hope that answers your question well enough.
    sykog
    sykog

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Imagee10

Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Blackr10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medalw11Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medalg10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Zigzag10Super Racer Z's Interview Thread Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 17th 2012, 11:07 pm

Zezima wrote:

Mmk.
    Hey, this isn't your topic.

Pancakes or waffles?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 17th 2012, 11:10 pm

So with all that said, do you have a car?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z August 17th 2012, 11:37 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:So with all that said, do you have a car?

Sort of. I was supposed to get our 1989 Pontiac Firebird once it was fixed up at 16, but that fell through because we didn't have the money to do so. So the answer is, not really. If I drive, I use one of the family cars (Pontiac Sunfire, Dodge Durango).

sykog wrote:
    Zezima wrote:

Mmk.
    Hey, this isn't your topic.

Pancakes or waffles?

I prefer waffles to pancakes usually, though I'll eat both when the opportunity presents itself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content