The Random Hotel

Corvine
    Corvine

The Random Hotel - Page 11 3qll2

: Female
     Rep1

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Empty Re: The Random Hotel

Post by Corvine October 6th 2012, 11:09 pm

I don't think that's it though. Before this, I didn't mind eating junk food. But now it's like I just have no taste for it. But I'll still eat it if I'm hungry and that's all there is.

Also, you seem to like absurdity, yeah? I know a couple youtube channels you might like. Maybe. Interested?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

The Random Hotel - Page 11 56qtD

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medal13

: Male
     Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 6th 2012, 11:18 pm

Corvine wrote:Bought my own food today, and I feel pretty good about it. It's not the absolute healthiest, but it's relatively healthy. Two soups, trail mix, and fruit. I tried to make sure it's all low-sodium, partly because having food such as trail mix with detectable grains of salt on it really bugs me now. I also have no real craving for really fatty or sugary foods anymore (except fruit). I hope this lasts, I'll probably get more fit.

Although, why am I like this right now? Especially since it's cold now, it's strange. But the only thing the cold has added to my cravings is now I'd prefer heated food, which seems perfectly reasonable.

Edit: I realize I used the word "now" too much, but I don't care enough to fix it.

That's good to hear, but make sure not to fall for the health slogan traps. Getting foods with lass fat or sodium is good, but it doesn't really mean much if they just add twice as much sugar to try and make up for the reduction in flavor.

Also, you can start eating healthy for a number of reasons. Sometimes it's because you want to avoid the feeling you get when you eat most junk foods, or maybe it's because you want to feel the positive effects of eating healthy foods, or maybe you just happen to prefer the taste of most foods that would be considered healthy.

If you do want to start eating healthy, one of the best places to start would be here: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

They have a list of the "world's healthiest" foods, and the criteria for choosing what goes on the list is very good. They also talk about the individual health benefits and any possible individual concerns for each and every one of the 127 foods on that list, along with cited scientific resources and explanations for all of the potential health benefits they talk about. They also happen to have lots of great cooking advice and recipes on there as well.

Last edited by Super Racer Z on October 6th 2012, 11:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!

The Random Hotel - Page 11 WFmvl

Rep1

Post by Kāyŭs Prütäc! October 6th 2012, 11:22 pm

That depends on exactly what these whimsical YouTube channels contain. Because of odd quantum mechanics we're not sure we understand fully, we don't know that until we observe them. But no doubt we'll look at them out of curiosity, if you'll show us.

But please, don't show us deep, dark secrets that should not be observed or known! We don't like those, and they're very bad for us. No, we don't like those. Not after last time...
    Corvine
    Corvine

Rep1

Post by Corvine October 6th 2012, 11:36 pm

@Super Racer Z: Thank you for the info, but to be honest I'm probably not going to spend a lot of time looking for the healthiest stuff. I'm just going to continue checking and making sure it has reasonably low amounts of stuff like sugar in it, but not avoid it altogether.

@Kāyŭs Prütäc!:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cyriak
    https://www.youtube.com/user/alantutorial
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HowToBasic
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HowToDoAnythingTV

Unrelated note: I'm so cold in my own room. My right hand has been icy for hours (on the mouse) and my left hand is usually placed under my leg for warmth. Shivering and crouched over and being careful not to lose my warm spot on the floor...
    Jmh
    Jmh

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Imagee10

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 11 White10The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 6th 2012, 11:48 pm

Kāyŭs Prütäc! wrote:We would guess it's a somatoform effect. You want a healthy diet strongly enough to instinctively adapt to such a lifestyle with little to no trouble. If we recall correctly, humans call this "willpower."
    Can I call you Legion from now on?
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!

Rep1

Post by Kāyŭs Prütäc! October 6th 2012, 11:50 pm

Well, sure! Why not? We like the sound of Legion.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

The Random Hotel - Page 11 VOZLn

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medal13

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 6th 2012, 11:51 pm

@Kāyŭs Well since you are very knowledgeable in many things, do you think you can help me in somethings? I have two issues that seem to be bothering me and hindering my work ability from time to time.

The first issue is that I tend to oversleep. Like a nap for me is like about no less than 5 hours. In order for me to wake up and not feel groggy, I'd usually have to sleep for more than 12 hours. In fact, if I didn't have my parents to wake me up everyday, I'd almost always oversleep when it comes so school. My parents or my sister has to wake me up since I can't really hear alarms all that well.

The second issue is that no matter how much I eat, my body fails to gain the weight. My nisan (big brother) says it's not how much I eat but what I eat, however, I changed to a high-carb and high-protein diet and that still doesn't seem to work for me. In a span of two years, I have only gained 9 pounds. I've been to the doctor and they say my health isn't an issue. It can't really be genetics because I am the slimmest one in my family. I don't know what I can do to gain weight. I don't want to be fat, but at least a 10 pound weight gain would be nice.

Any suggestions?
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!

Rep1

Post by Kāyŭs Prütäc! October 7th 2012, 12:10 am

We don't know anything about your life besides what you just said, but in general it's a good idea to work hard and think hard. Both will make one sleepy.

If you're a teenager as we suspect on only the information given, know it's not unusual for one to sleep half the day away at that age, and it's related to puberty or somesuch we think.

Unless you're already active — In which case, congratulations! You're a lot better off than most people in this lazy day and age! — hard work will tire you out and help with sleep as well as cause you to gain healthy amounts of weight by making you want to eat more to keep up with your activity level.

If you still find yourself having difficulty waking up when needed, we recommend abusing vitamin C. It plays a major part in regulating between sleep and wakefulness, and even though something might say "100% of daily recommended vitamin C" doesn't mean you, as an individual, don't need more (or less) than average. The 100% value is based on scientific studies that only reveal rough guesses of what's optimal for an average person based on large sample sizes. If one is not an average person in that respect — And everyone is unique in their own way. — then that 100% means nothing.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 12:29 am

Thanks for the info Kāyŭs! But I still don't know what to do about gaining any weight. I don't think it is that big of an issue, but I want to gain a few pounds just to be sure. I don't want to overeat and end up unhealthy, but I could use some advice on what foods to eat.
    Corvine
    Corvine

Rep1

Post by Corvine October 7th 2012, 12:31 am

I would guess things like fish and beans and quinoa.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 12:43 am

Corvine wrote:I would guess things like fish and beans and quinoa.
    What's quinoa? Is that a type of protein?
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medal13The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 7th 2012, 12:49 am

The Random Hotel - Page 11 560506_530387680310793_582286795_n
    Corvine
    Corvine

Rep1

Post by Corvine October 7th 2012, 12:53 am

@Star: Just google it. I think it's pretty good.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medal13The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 11 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 7th 2012, 1:03 am

Ok, this is cool.

The Random Hotel - Page 11 552153_414860715229458_1700837806_n
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 1:03 am

Nnoitra Hushimo wrote:The Random Hotel - Page 11 560506_530387680310793_582286795_n
    *sniffle* Don't get angry with me Nnoitra but *whispers* C-c-can you please explain the difference? I only watched FiM so I don't know about the other one.

Corvine wrote:@Star: Just google it. I think it's pretty good.
    Oh! Now I know what you're talking about! My family sometimes eats it as a replacement for rice. We call it something different in Trinidad though. We make it with roti sometimes.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 7th 2012, 1:05 am

*ShiningStar* wrote:
    Nnoitra Hushimo wrote:The Random Hotel - Page 11 560506_530387680310793_582286795_n
    *sniffle* Don't get angry with me Nnoitra but *whispers* C-c-can you please explain the difference? I only watched FiM so I don't know about the other one.
    Older generation.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 1:19 am

Man I feel like dancing. I can't wait til I'm old enough to hit the club! All they have to do is play Dancehall or Soca music and I will quickly jump on the dance floor! cheese
    Anonymous

Post by Guest October 7th 2012, 9:20 am

*ShiningStar* wrote:@Kāyŭs Well since you are very knowledgeable in many things, do you think you can help me in somethings? I have two issues that seem to be bothering me and hindering my work ability from time to time.

The first issue is that I tend to oversleep. Like a nap for me is like about no less than 5 hours. In order for me to wake up and not feel groggy, I'd usually have to sleep for more than 12 hours. In fact, if I didn't have my parents to wake me up everyday, I'd almost always oversleep when it comes so school. My parents or my sister has to wake me up since I can't really hear alarms all that well.

The second issue is that no matter how much I eat, my body fails to gain the weight. My nisan (big brother) says it's not how much I eat but what I eat, however, I changed to a high-carb and high-protein diet and that still doesn't seem to work for me. In a span of two years, I have only gained 9 pounds. I've been to the doctor and they say my health isn't an issue. It can't really be genetics because I am the slimmest one in my family. I don't know what I can do to gain weight. I don't want to be fat, but at least a 10 pound weight gain would be nice.

Any suggestions?

Oh, looks like Z is getting replaced being the health doc here.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 1:49 pm

Sushimo wrote:
    Oh, looks like Z is getting replaced being the health doc here.
    Oh nonono! My Nisan is and will always be Tescia's number 1 health doctor! Besides I already asked Nisan this stuff. I just want a second opinion to be sure.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 7th 2012, 2:24 pm

Psst, check the WHfoods list for things to eat. It not only tells you to eat beans and fish (and quinoa), it tells you which beans and fish are best to eat, because not all foods are created equal. This is especially true for fish, where some types of fish have issues with contaminants and toxins. Even within specific species of fish, it matters where it was harvested from (i.e. what part of the ocean it came from,whether or not it was farmed). That site tells you exactly what you should look out for when buying a food item, and it does this for all 127 foods on that list.

(And I can't stress this enough, it has cited scientific research and studies backing all of their claims, making it far more reliable than random articles about various foods on the internet.)

Also, I agree with getting lots of vitamin C, but try not to get it through supplements. If you get the right fruits, one pretty small sized fruit would fulfill your (supposed) daily value of Vitamin C, and also likely provide you with other nutrients your body needs to best utilize that Vitamin C. Some examples would include one kiwifruit, a cup of strawberries, a cup of cut pineapple, and of course, the humble orange. And it's not just fruit either. A cup of broccoli, a cup of brussel sprouts, and a cup of bell peppers will also provide you with more than the DV% of Vitamin C.

And here is some info from WHfoods fully supporting Kāyŭs' sentiments:

"Humans vary greatly in their vitamin C requirement. It's natural for one person to need 10 times as much vitamin C as another person; and a person's age and health status can dramatically change his or her need for vitamin C. The amount of vitamin C found in food varies as dramatically as our human requirement. In general, an unripe food is much lower in vitamin C than a ripe one, but provided that the food is ripe, the vitamin C content is higher when the food is younger at the time of harvest."
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 7th 2012, 3:16 pm

You people and your healthy ways...
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 7th 2012, 3:34 pm

Jooooin usssss. We may not have as many cookies, but we have all the unsweetened fruit salad you could ever ask for. Unsweetened, because fruit has enough natural sugar in it already.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 3:35 pm

Nisan! You and Kay should definitely make a health thread here!

And I can bring parfaits as a replacement for cake! cheese
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!
    Kāyŭs Prütäc!

Rep1

Post by Kāyŭs Prütäc! October 7th 2012, 3:37 pm

We're not really health nuts. We just fancy ourselves know-it-alls.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 7th 2012, 3:47 pm

Kāyŭs Prütäc! wrote:We're not really health nuts. We just fancy ourselves know-it-alls.
    Aww well you guys are very smart so you should make an Ask Kay thread! Or at least something similar to that. I know that a lot of people can benefit from your advice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content