Erazor
Bazinga!
8 posters

Future of Nintendo?

Bazinga!
    Bazinga!

Future of Nintendo? WFmvl

Rep0

Future of Nintendo? Empty Future of Nintendo?

Post by Bazinga! August 20th 2013, 11:55 am

What kind of new consoles do you see Nintendo coming up with in the future?  Do you see them doing anything different or changing anything in the future?  

I personally like the Nintendo 3DS (the regular, not the XL), which I got as a present for Christmas last year.  I thought it was cool that they took the DS and made a 3D version.  No one else, I believe, has made a 3D version of their consoles (or at least made it where you can play any of their games in 3D).  I thought that was different than what Sony and Microsoft had done with any of their consoles.  

One thing I would like to see Nintendo do different in the future, is make more games.  By that I mean they need to make more games that don't revolve around Mario & friends.  I know Mario Bros. are exclusive to Nintendo and Sony & Microsoft can't do anything to duplicate that (not without a lawsuit from Nintendo anyway).  But I kind of feel like Nintendo is Mario-ing everybody to death with all the Mario games they make.  Now, I'm not saying they should quite making Mario games 'cause I'll be the first person to tell you that I'm a big Mario fan.  I just think they need to sort of branch out and do other games as well as the Mario Bros. games.  I'd just like to see them cast a wider net, is all.
    Anonymous

Future of Nintendo? Empty Re: Future of Nintendo?

Post by Guest August 20th 2013, 11:16 pm

In console terms, I think they're gonna keep on doing what they always do. That is, always try to keep consoles different from the Xbox and Playstation, focusing more on different ways to play than to make a big powerhouse. In terms of games, they're pretty much set with first party games. With third party games though, they have a problem.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Future of Nintendo? Imagee10

Future of Nintendo? Blackr10Future of Nintendo? Medalw11Future of Nintendo? Medalg10Future of Nintendo? White10Future of Nintendo? Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

Post by Erazor September 1st 2013, 9:46 pm

With the upcoming price drop followed by a pile of exclusive titles, the Wii U stands to gain a lot of sales in the coming months.

That is, if morons with too much disposable income aren't already drooling over the prospect of spending almost over a thousand dollars on the two new giant black boxes that are poised to launch with little to no worthwhile titles. Which they are of course. They wouldn't be morons if they weren't.

In any case, Nintendo hasn't lasted as long as it has by being stupid. The Wii U's first, hopefully only, year of poor sales is behind it and soon it will be more accessible than any other system of the new generation. So hopefully Iwata and the gang can keep on keeping on, but who knows with people these days.

Of course, 3DS sales are still good so they've always got that to fall back on.
    Moebiuseu
    Moebiuseu

Rep-1

Post by Moebiuseu September 22nd 2013, 6:13 pm

I haven't actually purchased a Wii U myself, but I want one (as soon as I can afford it). I think the reason for it's relative "failure" is that the library of games isn't that amazing just yet. I mean they have a lot of nice games out for it already, but nothing really stands out as *amazing*.

The new Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World are all coming out later this year and in early 2014. Those are really popular titles and I think that's going to help boost the Wii U. Personally, I do prefer Nintendo consoles to any other simply because they're fun for gaming. Nintendo makes the best gaming consoles in my opinion. I don't really like the PS3 or 360 (even though I bought the latter to play Sonic Generations) because it just feels weird. It's not as "fun" in some ways. I mean it's definitely cool they have all the online features they do and whatnot, but Nintendo keeps their systems fun with new and exciting ways to play games.

I don't always want to sit around with a control. I know xbox made the kinect and it's technologically more advanced than the Wii, but it's not as fun. Same with Sony's "Move" concept (is that even still around?).

As for Nintendo's handheld consoles... they make me want to pull my hair out. I know nobody is making anyone buy their systems, but I honestly feel like it's like Apple's iphones. There's a new one every year when there probably doesn't need to be.

Game Boy (fine) ~ Bought it
    Game Boy Color (fine) ~ Bought it
    Game Boy Advance (fine) ~ Bought it
    Game Boy Advance SP (what?) ~ Bought it
    Game Boy Micro (idk) ~ Did not buy it

Nintendo DS (cool) ~ Bought it
    Nintendo DS Lite (fine) ~ Bought it
    Nintendo DSi (okay..) ~ Bought it
    Nintendo XL (srsly? I just bought the DSi) ~ Didn't buy it

Nintendo 3DS (really cool) ~ Have yet to buy it, waiting for all the versions to come out.
    Nintendo 3DS XL (neat) ~ Might buy this since the screen is so nice, but ohwait...
    Nintendo 2DS ~ ANOTHER HANDHELD CONSOLE I CANT KEEP UP.

Seriously, I don't understand why they do it. It's very expensive to do handheld gaming with Nintendo. The cost of the consoles, then games, stylus replacements and then a new one comes out. I mean backwards compatibility is really nice, but still. D:

So, I'm waiting for the whole "3DS" system to become discontinued, then I'll buy the system at a discount and get all the 3DS games I've wanted for the past few years and I'll be set for a while as Nintendo shuffles out their next line of re-releasing the same console with slight variations.

Future of Nintendo and their consoles? Looks pretty solid in my opinion. Granted the Wii U hasn't sold as many copies as they assumed, but I think people just want games they can play and there aren't too many out yet. It's still a relatively new system. I think the xbox one and PS4 are going to sell more at a quicker pace because they offer more than just gaming and they're treated as the "top dog, serious gamer" systems? I don't know.

@_@ I want Sega to make a new console and get Nintendo do exclusive games on it to help it succeed. Imagine a Mario game on a system not made by Nintendo.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Future of Nintendo? Blackr10Future of Nintendo? Medalw11Future of Nintendo? Medalg10Future of Nintendo? White10Future of Nintendo? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 4th 2013, 1:57 am

The 2DS isn't aimed at adults. Unless you don't already have any model of 3DS and you're strapped for cash (in which case you should not be buying video games) the 2DSis primarily aimed at children as the 3D effect that could harm their eyes is removed, the easily broken hinge is no longer a factor, and it's significantly cheaper than the other models. It's literally designed to get parents to buy it for their kids.

That said, I really want one as I'd prefer a hingeless, 3D-less, more stylin' handheld.

Also that bit posted on the end is like... the exact opposite of what is, and what will continue to happen.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Future of Nintendo? Medalw11Future of Nintendo? Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva December 11th 2013, 5:04 am

I'm looking forward to many of the new games, including X and the new Smash Brothers
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Future of Nintendo? Blackr10Future of Nintendo? Medalw11Future of Nintendo? Zigzag10Future of Nintendo? White10Future of Nintendo? Medal13Future of Nintendo? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2013, 4:41 am

The Future of Nintendo is money. Plain & simple.
    MegaMan
    MegaMan

Rep0

Post by MegaMan July 25th 2014, 5:45 pm

I would have to say their future is looking bight. Mario Kart 8 gave the Wii U that jolt of energy it needed. Super Smash Bros 4 is gonna be a huge hit. Also, alot of good games are on their way, including Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Monolith Soft's X, Sonic Boom and plenty more. There's also games like Super Mario 3D World, Wonderful 101, and Scribblenauts Unlimited that are good.
    Sketch Style
    Sketch Style

Future of Nintendo? GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Sketch Style July 29th 2014, 4:34 pm

Honestly, Nintendo's future is foggy, to say the least. I hope they re-surge soon.
    animesaur
    animesaur

Rep0

Post by animesaur July 29th 2014, 11:01 pm

Nintendo has always relied on software to sell it's hardware--as they've reiterated many, many times. They don't make full-on entertainment systems like Microsoft and Sony do. They aren't DVD/Blu-Ray playing, music playing, video chatting super machines. They're solely for gaming and fun (with netflix, hulu, youtube etc. there as a slight extra bit).

When Windwaker HD came out, sales of the Wii U console surged over 300%
    When Mario Kart 8 came out, sales of the Wii U console surged over 600%
    I think when Mario Kart 8 was released, the Wii U console had more sales than it did during the first half of 2014 altogether in that first week of release.

I have a Wii U and I can say that it's really a great system and a step up from the Wii in many ways. There's just nothing super new and exciting that makes it sell like the Wii. I remember the Wii was always out of stock when it first came out because they started the huge motion gaming craze and the whole Wii Fit thing made it exciting. Everyone thought it was gaming and working out and it sold a lot because of that.

The Wii U's gaming catalog isn't that extensive yet. Super Smash Brothers will probably cause an even bigger surge in sales and the new Zelda game is looking great the more they talk about it and release more information about it. There's just not a huge selection of games for it and since the system is pretty much solely for gaming that affects sales (whereas a lot of people use xbox for things other than games--I know I did).

I'm really tired right now so this reply is sloppy. xD
    But in the end I think it's obvious that I'm pro-Nintendo and I feel the future of the company is going to do fine. They did take a heavy loss since the Wii U was released, but I think that was more on them having high expections they couldn't meet which happens a lot with video games. Tomb Raider 2013 was expected to sell over 7,500,000 copies for Square Enix to consider it a success. It didn't sell that many (although with steam sales and humble bundle I'm sure it technically has), but it was a major success in sales and critical acclaim. ~_~

yeah i'm rambling now; going to bed -zzzzz-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content