sykog
Zez
XNinjaRed
codeorange
10 posters

What will Tails be like in the future?

codeorange

What will Tails be like in the future? GOMM8

What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

What will Tails be like in the future? Empty What will Tails be like in the future?

Post by codeorange March 22nd 2009, 2:16 am

This is something I have been thinking about for quite awhile now. This is an interesting topic for me becuase we would be thinking way down the road, and not like the near future. I'm thinking about the 2020's and 2030's (if we ever make it that far). This is what's on my mind.

What will Tails be like that far down in the future?

First of all, will he even have a future? Consider his current poor treatment by SEGA and Sonic Team.

How much different, if at all, will Tails be if he supposedly aged?

Would a different version of Tails, as in an older and more mature version of him, be a good thing or a bad thing for the Sonic franchise? Again, pretend this is the 2020's or 2030's.

Will Tails still have a connection with Sonic? Will they still have that brotherly bond if Tails is different then?

Would you want Tails to ever change?

Do you think Tails will change by those times?

Discuss.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

What will Tails be like in the future? Imagee10

What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep4

What will Tails be like in the future? Empty Re: What will Tails be like in the future?

Post by XNinjaRed March 22nd 2009, 4:44 am

IMO he should be more sneaky.
    While still having that brotherly bond with Sonic I think he should start making plans of his own and stuff.
    Like instead of going WITH Sonic to beat Eggman, he'll go his own way to beat Eggman in case Sonic fails or something.
    Zez
    Zez

What will Tails be like in the future? VOZLn

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep24

What will Tails be like in the future? Empty Re: What will Tails be like in the future?

Post by Zez March 22nd 2009, 5:05 am

Tails should maintain his brotherly bond with Sonic, but be an A-Hole to practically everyone he knows. Like, wth, everyone excluding Sonic to some extent treats Tails like bullcrap in parts of the games, and a lot in the comics, he would be a hater going around holding grudges against everybody, but would still be friendly, though, but spiteful.
    sykog
    sykog

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 22nd 2009, 9:20 am

I think he should just go ack to the way he was near the end of Sonic Adventure.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What will Tails be like in the future? ZtZYh

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13What will Tails be like in the future? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 22nd 2009, 1:54 pm

He should be the true hero of the story. Stronger than Knuckles, faster than Sonic, smarter than Ivo. He'll be more socially outcast than before, but he'll grow into a hero for the entire planet. He'll master the ability to go super without emeralds, and he'll have an amazing plane to take him wherever he wants.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 22nd 2009, 1:55 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:He should be the true hero of the story. Stronger than Knuckles, faster than Sonic, smarter than Ivo. He'll be more socially outcast than before, but he'll grow into a hero for the entire planet. He'll master the ability to go super without emeralds, and he'll have an amazing plane to take him wherever he wants.
    No....just no
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 22nd 2009, 6:13 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:He should be the true hero of the story. Stronger than Knuckles, faster than Sonic, smarter than Ivo. He'll be more socially outcast than before, but he'll grow into a hero for the entire planet. He'll master the ability to go super without emeralds, and he'll have an amazing plane to take him wherever he wants.
    Well, Shadow has been getting dangerously close to that...
    sykog
    sykog

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 22nd 2009, 6:35 pm

What? You serious?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13What will Tails be like in the future? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 22nd 2009, 6:45 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    What? You serious?
    Yup. I seriously see the potential in Tails to pass all of them. He could probably even pass Shadow if he'd get involved with Chaos Powers. The social outcast part is just because Tails doesn't really go out and make friends often, what with his constant experimenting and all that, plus with my story idea, he kinda gets pushed that way.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 22nd 2009, 6:47 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    What? You serious?
    Yup. I seriously see the potential in Tails to pass all of them. He could probably even pass Shadow if he'd get involved with Chaos Powers. The social outcast part is just because Tails doesn't really go out and make friends often, what with his constant experimenting and all that, plus with my story idea, he kinda gets pushed that way.
    This is more like Arhie than in the games though. Mamoth Mogul and the Ancient Walkers calling him "chosen one".
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 22nd 2009, 6:54 pm

I guess. But my idea was not inspired by Archie (at least not consciously). But Tails seemed to me like the true hero. Sonic's destiny seemed to be being King of Camelot, saving the Arabian Nights, and fulfilling the mural's prophecy.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 22nd 2009, 10:51 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Yup. I seriously see the potential in Tails to pass all of them.
    Well, Tails is based on the Nine-Tailed Fox of folklore, the fact that he has two tails would mean that has reached only a fraction of his potential.

By comparison, while Naruto with two tails was exceptionally powerful already, his fourth tail makes him completely unrecognizable from his human form and he becomes powerful enough to level a city block with one move, any more tails and he becomes a walking force of nature, and by the time he has all nine, he'll unleash the single most powerful being in the series.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 22nd 2009, 11:17 pm

Why can't he be like he is now except more mature. He'd eventually have to stop saying kiddy things like "He'll be super happy!" or things to that degree.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 23rd 2009, 12:36 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Yup. I seriously see the potential in Tails to pass all of them.
    Well, Tails is based on the Nine-Tailed Fox of folklore, the fact that he has two tails would mean that has reached only a fraction of his potential.

By comparison, while Naruto with two tails was exceptionally powerful already, his fourth tail makes him completely unrecognizable from his human form and he becomes powerful enough to level a city block with one move, any more tails and he becomes a walking force of nature, and by the time he has all nine, he'll unleash the single most powerful being in the series.
    Well, I had thought about the legend, but I was just basing it on how, at his age, he'd already shown considerable skills, and was nearly at Sonic's speed. I felt he had potential to rise above all the heavy hitters.
    Zez
    Zez

What will Tails be like in the future? Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 23rd 2009, 2:50 am

Roterblitz wrote:Well, Tails is based on the Nine-Tailed Fox of folklore.

What is your source?
    codeorange

What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? White10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 23rd 2009, 3:12 am

My thoughts? I believe Tails has the potential to be better than Sonic, Knuckles, and yes even Shadow, down the road. Not perfect by any means, but better. You have to understand that Tails hasn't reached his prime age yet. (Ahem, SEGA insists for whatever illogical reason that he stays at 8 years old)

I think deep down inside, SEGA and Sonic Team are scared of Tails' true potential when he's much older. I really have that hunch, because why else would they constantly keep him at that same age? The fact is, there will come a time when they will have no choice but to have Tails age because quite frankly those times will call for it.

I do believe that he will have a future. I believe that he will keep his brotherly bond with Sonic in tact, no matter how distant their seperate adventures become. I also think that Tails will live up to his fox personality and traits, as in he will have some kind of cunning and sly edge to him. I just really think that Tails will become a master manipulator of sorts. He's gonna be a sneaky son of a gun. lol
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 23rd 2009, 3:15 am

I think Tails will become a sneaky, intelligent, sly, anti-social, very well hand-to-hand combatant, and still be Sonic's bro. But, WHY have I never heard of the Nine Tails legend before XNinjaRed and Roterblitz brought it up?
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

What will Tails be like in the future? Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed March 23rd 2009, 3:47 am

Because you never researched those things? :P
    I mean, Naruto wasn't the one who thought of that first you know, it's an old japanese folklore.
    Heck, Pokemon has it with Ninetails, the evolution of Vulpix.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 23rd 2009, 3:50 am

XNinjaRed wrote:Because you never researched those things? :P
    I mean, Naruto wasn't the one who thought of that first you know, it's an old japanese folklore.
    Heck, Pokemon has it with Ninetails, the evolution of Vulpix.

I never said anyone did it first or not, because I know it's folklore. I'm jsut saying I never heard of anywhere before that Tails had anything to do with Nine-Tails, and now that you say he does then I rethink my position and believe Tails will become Titan Tails without the bad art, plot twists, inappropriate buffness, and ridiculous deus ex machinas. So yeah it should be pretty good if SEGA would just get a move on it already.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed March 23rd 2009, 4:30 am

These days in Japan allot of foxes (whether it be spiritual or actual) will eventually go the "Nine tails" route. So it's not surprising if Tails was meant or WILL go that way.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 23rd 2009, 10:21 am

Zezima wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:Well, Tails is based on the Nine-Tailed Fox of folklore.

What is your source?
    I've heard this too, but I don't remember where, or if it's even true. I think I remember hearing Tails was going to be a tanuki, or a kitsune. Or a girl. Or Amy.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 23rd 2009, 8:17 pm

codeorange wrote:My thoughts? I believe Tails has the potential to be better than Sonic, Knuckles, and yes even Shadow, down the road.

So, are Sonic, Knuckles, and Shadow not going to develop farther down the road then?

codeorange wrote: Not perfect by any means, but better. You have to understand that Tails hasn't reached his prime age yet. (Ahem, SEGA insists for whatever illogical reason that he stays at 8 years old)

They're not going to change it now. I personally don't find it illogical at all considering what's considered logical in this series.

codeorange wrote: I think deep down inside, SEGA and Sonic Team are scared of Tails' true potential when he's much older. I really have that hunch, because why else would they constantly keep him at that same age? The fact is, there will come a time when they will have no choice but to have Tails age because quite frankly those times will call for it.

They keep him at that age because it wouldn't make sense for him to get older and for everyone else to stay younger. If they change his age they change everyone's age. They pretty much have to in order to keep plotholes and confusion from happening. But they don't want to simply because it's worked out fine so far. And in all honesty, there probably never will come a time when they will have to make Tails age because they're the ones who decide what happens within the story. If they don't want to make a situation that can only be resolved if Tails were to get older then they don't have to create it.

Not only that but whatever needed to be done that was out of the fox's range they could get some other character to do. Plus, the fact that Tails is so smart proves to me that age has little to do with this anyway.

codeorange wrote: I do believe that he will have a future. I believe that he will keep his brotherly bond with Sonic in tact, no matter how distant their seperate adventures become. I also think that Tails will live up to his fox personality and traits, as in he will have some kind of cunning and sly edge to him. I just really think that Tails will become a master manipulator of sorts. He's gonna be a sneaky son of a gun. lol

I agree with this part too.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 23rd 2009, 11:51 pm

Zezima wrote:What is your source?
    A fox with great wisdom, multiple tails, unwavering loyalty, it can't be a coincidence that he has all of the legendary Kitsune's traits besides mischief.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 24th 2009, 12:02 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    Zezima wrote:What is your source?
    A fox with great wisdom, multiple tails, unwavering loyalty, it can't be a coincidence that he has all of the legendary Kitsune's traits besides mischief.

But no one in SEGA ever stated it so, so this is all speculation.
    codeorange

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 24th 2009, 2:34 am

CC3,

I know that SEGA won't change Tails' age now. I made this topic to talk about what Tails will be like way down the road in the future, in the 2020's and 2030's. Right now, he's not going to change because SEGA isn't willing to do that. If anything, they're a bit warped with pretty stale ideas at this point. I also know that if he ages, everybody else will need to age too. I know that.

Yes, Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow will continue to develop, but if you want me to be real honest, I believe Tails in his prime age will skyrocket in ability and pass them all by alittle. Again, Tails isn't going to be perfect or invincible, but I believe when he realizes his true potential when he's like 16, you could be amazed.

Here's where the illogical stuff comes into play. How is SEGA going to convince me that an 8 year old Tails is still going to be believable in the 2020's and 2030's? It's my belief that by then, the Sonic franchise would have been burnt out with the characters being in their current states using so many stories that it does get to the point where they have to age to keep things going. Especially if we're that down the road in time...

If only Sonic Team wasn't so busy making so many new characters and if only they enhanced the quality of the characters they have...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content