Zez
XNinjaRed
codeorange
10 posters

What will Tails be like in the future?

Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 VOZLn

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 White10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep17

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Empty Re: What will Tails be like in the future?

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 4:21 pm

codeorange wrote:CC3,

I know that SEGA won't change Tails' age now. I made this topic to talk about what Tails will be like way down the road in the future, in the 2020's and 2030's. Right now, he's not going to change because SEGA isn't willing to do that. If anything, they're a bit warped with pretty stale ideas at this point. I also know that if he ages, everybody else will need to age too. I know that.

Yes, Sonic, Knuckles and Shadow will continue to develop, but if you want me to be real honest, I believe Tails in his prime age will skyrocket in ability and pass them all by alittle. Again, Tails isn't going to be perfect or invincible, but I believe when he realizes his true potential when he's like 16, you could be amazed.

Here's where the illogical stuff comes into play. How is SEGA going to convince me that an 8 year old Tails is still going to be believable in the 2020's and 2030's? It's my belief that by then, the Sonic franchise would have been burnt out with the characters being in their current states using so many stories that it does get to the point where they have to age to keep things going. Especially if we're that down the road in time...

If only Sonic Team wasn't so busy making so many new characters and if only they enhanced the quality of the characters they have...

I just can't see it as illogical. It's a fictional video game series. I doubt anyone should really care if they stay there same ages throughout. Not to mention, if the series does last that long the kiddies of the next generation are probably best staying in tune with what we've grown up with. They've got themselves a nice set up here really considering who the target audience is. If you wish to see them realistically grow then it'd probably be best left to the spin-offs in my opinion.

And I'm not sure what drives you to believe Tails could be so much more powerful then those three. Too me that's the illogical thinking. However, I'm not doubting that he'd turn out to be strong.
    codeorange

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 GOMM8

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 White10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Empty Re: What will Tails be like in the future?

Post by codeorange March 24th 2009, 6:09 pm

I'm going to leave my last thoughts to this.

To each his own, and you have a right to your opinion, but this is just how I really feel about this idea.

To me, (and just to me only) I do believe it's going to become illogical and even borderline ridiculous to see the exact same thing or something close to the same thing that we have been seeing now.

Tails is just one example of a character who needs development pretty bad right now, and I can say with absolute confidence that he needs character development the most out of everyone. The thing is, it's becoming pretty impossible for me to envision Tails staying at his current age of 8 right now and getting any serious focus and development from Sonic Team considering they're always catering to Shadow's fan base, Silver's fan base, and even Blaze's fan base moreso than Tails' fan base at this point in time. That, to me, is a sign of character ignorance and neglect just so they can try to rake in more money just because those characters are cool, hip and part of the in crowd right now. Shadow, Silver and Blaze may not be so cool to the main audience down the road. I'm just thinking about the big picture. The only way I can see Tails making a huge comeback in the gaming industry and make a name all for himself is that he does age.

Do not forget about the ultra competitive gaming industry and how innovative companies need to be to stay in the game, so to speak. Not to mention, the scene in the gaming industry is constantly changing, and the audience as a whole will be looking for different things to look forward to and do.

How are you going to explain to the target audience in 2020-2039 the reason why the Sonic characters have never grown up from yesteryear? (1991-now) Time paradoxes? A pause in the space time continuim? Everything in time just froze for Sonic's universe and so that's the reason?

Okay, I may be rambling on at the last part, but you get the point. lol

I believe something will change in the Sonic Universe when we get to those times.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 White10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 6:19 pm

Yes, I agree that Tails needs more development. But I don't believe it can't be given to him while he's still at the tender age of eight. Time still goes on in the series despite the fact that they don't really age. Development can easily be given to Tails despite that. After all, age is just a number. As the games go on Tails has plenty of oppurtunites to develop. Whether or not Sonic Team allows it to happen has nothing to do with whether or not they are allowed to age.

And you don't have to explain to the next generation why they haven't grown. I doubt they'd really care. They all know it's fiction. They're not stupid after all. This kind of thing happens in plenty of franchises like this, whether they be video game, T.V show, or something else. The characters don't have to age to get the development they need because of the way the series works.

I wouldn't know if Tails was the most in need of it but I do agree that it's required for him.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 24th 2009, 10:41 pm

Zezima wrote:But no one in SEGA ever stated it so, so this is all speculation.
    No one in SEGA ever stated that the Death Egg was based on the Death Star, we can assume the obvious.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 10:47 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    No one in SEGA ever stated that the Death Egg was based on the Death Star, we can assume the obvious.

Yeah really. lol
    Zez
    Zez

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 25th 2009, 3:37 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:

Yeah really. lol

Wow. Hardly comparable. Two Tails and in a decade and a half not act on anything. Could it be that Sonic Team has proven once again that *gasp* they just wanted a fox with two tails? :O: :Whoa!:
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 ZtZYh

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 White10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 25th 2009, 10:26 am

No, I'm pretty sure they wanted the kitsune thing, but decided it would be too confusing to Americans who never heard of it, so they turned him into a fox.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Imagee10

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 White10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 25th 2009, 10:34 am

Do you have proof of that?
    Zez
    Zez

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Blackr10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 25th 2009, 2:14 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:No, I'm pretty sure they wanted the kitsune thing, but decided it would be too confusing to Americans who never heard of it, so they turned him into a fox.

Sounds reasonable and a backing up of my theory. Sonic Team (USA) would never and have never implied The Nine Tails theory.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 25th 2009, 8:14 pm

Zezima wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:

Yeah really. lol

Wow. Hardly comparable. Two Tails and in a decade and a half not act on anything. Could it be that Sonic Team has proven once again that *gasp* they just wanted a fox with two tails? :O: :Whoa!:

I wouldn't know. I was just laughing at that Death Egg = Death Star thing. coolguy
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 26th 2009, 12:38 am

How come?
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalw11What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Zigzag10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great March 26th 2009, 4:27 am

Tails will become angrier.
    Hyper Shadow22
    Hyper Shadow22

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hyper Shadow22 March 26th 2009, 7:14 am

Yasushi Yamaguchi, originally the main artist and zone designer for Sega's Sonic Team, designed Tails for an internal competition for a sidekick to the speedy hedgehog. The character was meant to hold a "deep admiration for Sonic."[4] Tails was originally intended to be a tanuki, a strikingly raccoon-like canid native to east Asia, and extremely popular in Japanese folklore. The designers decided to change him to a fox, however, to avoid possible comparisons with another popular game character.[5] His entry won, but Sonic Team decided to change his character's name from "Miles" to "Tails."

Yamaguchi ended up with a compromise. He sneaked the name "Miles" in as his legal name; "Tails" would be his nickname, ending up with the full name of Miles "Tails" Prower.

The character debuted as Sonic's tag along partner in the franchise's second game, and has remained an important player since. However the character's uniqueness wasn't established until Sonic the Hedgehog 3 when players were given the power to control his flying.[6]

Tails was redesigned (along with all of the other Sonic characters) by Yuji Uekawa for Sonic Adventure. His fur changed color to a slightly orange shade of yellow, and he gained visible blue irises.

In the American Sonic comic book, along with the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons, he was originally a brownish color, but the comic artists eventually decided to change this to match his in-game appearance.

On wiki, tails is not from the nine-tails fox folklore
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 26th 2009, 8:29 am

TacoBueno XD wrote:On wiki, tails is not from the nine-tails fox folklore
    Because if you can't find it on Wikipedia, it doesn't exist.
    Hyper Shadow22
    Hyper Shadow22

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hyper Shadow22 March 26th 2009, 7:59 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    TacoBueno XD wrote:On wiki, tails is not from the nine-tails fox folklore
    Because if you can't find it on Wikipedia, it doesn't exist.
    Do you mean that sarcasticly or are you serious? Its hard to tell since I cant hear your voice.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 26th 2009, 8:14 pm

Zezima wrote:How come?

Because it was funny. Bounce
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 27th 2009, 1:42 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

:Waiting:

*Remains Confused*
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 27th 2009, 9:05 pm

Zezima wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

:Waiting:

*Remains Confused*

It's not confusing.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 28th 2009, 2:30 am

How is Death Star ~ Death Egg funny??
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 28th 2009, 2:26 pm

Zezima wrote:How is Death Star ~ Death Egg funny??

It's not something you can really explain Zez. People just find other things funny. Why is this going on so long?
    codeorange

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 GOMM8

What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medalg10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 White10What will Tails be like in the future? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange April 10th 2009, 1:50 pm

And we're getting off topic...

This is only what I think. I am going to get into the Video Game Design and Development business. That will be my career. Obviously, when I read up on what goes on in this business, the goals should be simple. If you have a video game character who you believe will make a positive impact, it wouldn't hurt to one day let him do what he can. See what he can do if you give him the chance. None of us know what the future holds, and you always have to keep in mind that many things can change when we get that far into the future.

And I'll probably get another response from CC3 trying to combat everything I just said. eye roll

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content