The ancient lands.

5 posters

Personality Trouble?

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Personality Trouble? VOZLn

Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Medalg10Personality Trouble? Zigzag10Personality Trouble? Medal13

Rep2

Personality Trouble? Empty Personality Trouble?

Post by Gamma The Great March 24th 2009, 5:24 am

If he's a loner, how does Knuckles end up in social situations? If Knuckles is duty bound why is he never at his post?
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Personality Trouble? Blackr10Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Medalg10Personality Trouble? White10Personality Trouble? Medal13

: Male
     Rep17

Personality Trouble? Empty Re: Personality Trouble?

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 4:29 pm

He's always at his post, just not when we see him. :D

I figured there'd be some reason he was absent from all of Unleashed despite the fact that the Earth split apart. And he was acting like a loner in Shadow the Hedgehog save for the times when he and Shadow met and the last story.

And I haven't played the genesis titles so I haven't got anything for you there.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Personality Trouble? ZtZYh

Personality Trouble? Blackr10Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Zigzag10Personality Trouble? White10Personality Trouble? Medal13Personality Trouble? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 24th 2009, 7:28 pm

Well, every time Knuckles has been involved in the story, there usually is a reason. Like for Heroes, it's possible Tails made up come along to find Sonic. Or SR:ZG, when Knux acts tired and bored, implying they forced him yet again. And I've been trying to figure out if Glyphic Canyon was on Angel Island (I thought I heard it somewhere, but I may have just made that up subconsciously), which would explain how he got involved in the Alien War. As for why he's absent in SU (I know you didn't ask, CC3, but eh), he lives on a flying island, so the earthquake probably didn't affect the island's movement, and he never knew to get involved.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Personality Trouble? Blackr10Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Medalg10Personality Trouble? White10Personality Trouble? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 7:39 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, every time Knuckles has been involved in the story, there usually is a reason. Like for Heroes, it's possible Tails made up come along to find Sonic. Or SR:ZG, when Knux acts tired and bored, implying they forced him yet again. And I've been trying to figure out if Glyphic Canyon was on Angel Island (I thought I heard it somewhere, but I may have just made that up subconsciously), which would explain how he got involved in the Alien War. As for why he's absent in SU (I know you didn't ask, CC3, but eh), he lives on a flying island, so the earthquake probably didn't affect the island's movement, and he never knew to get involved.

It's still pretty odd. The Earth splits apart and he doesn't notice but when the princess of Soleanna gets attacked he's over there in a heartbeat.

And him just happening to stroll along in the city of water the day directly after Eggman attacked the place sounds far-fetched as well.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Personality Trouble? Blackr10Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Zigzag10Personality Trouble? White10Personality Trouble? Medal13Personality Trouble? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 24th 2009, 7:41 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, every time Knuckles has been involved in the story, there usually is a reason. Like for Heroes, it's possible Tails made up come along to find Sonic. Or SR:ZG, when Knux acts tired and bored, implying they forced him yet again. And I've been trying to figure out if Glyphic Canyon was on Angel Island (I thought I heard it somewhere, but I may have just made that up subconsciously), which would explain how he got involved in the Alien War. As for why he's absent in SU (I know you didn't ask, CC3, but eh), he lives on a flying island, so the earthquake probably didn't affect the island's movement, and he never knew to get involved.

It's still pretty odd. The Earth splits apart and he doesn't notice but when the princess of Soleanna gets attacked he's over there in a heartbeat.

And him just happening to stroll along in the city of water the day directly after Eggman attacked the place sounds far-fetched as well.
    He was forced to deliver a letter, remember?
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 8:02 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

It never said he was forced to deliver the letter. He said he found Eggman outside of the city and that he wanted them to see it meaning that Knuckles was probably all ready in the area. What made you think Knuckles was forced?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 24th 2009, 8:21 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

It never said he was forced to deliver the letter. He said he found Eggman outside of the city and that he wanted them to see it meaning that Knuckles was probably all ready in the area. What made you think Knuckles was forced?
    Why else would he deliver a letter for Eggman?
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 8:28 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Well for one they had to find a stupid way to slide Knuckles in the game in the first place.

And Second of all you don't think that Knuckles would be the least bit interested if Eggman were to ask him of all people to Sonic and Tails? All Knuckles said was that he met up with Eggman on the city outskirts and that he asked him to give them the letter.

That's not even what we're suppose to be talking about anyway though.

But I remember a similar thing happening in Sonic Heroes and I do find it interesting that they never made it clear who exactly Eggman delivered that note to. Though I'm thinking it's best to say that it was Tails for some reason.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 24th 2009, 8:56 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Well for one they had to find a stupid way to slide Knuckles in the game in the first place.

And Second of all you don't think that Knuckles would be the least bit interested if Eggman were to ask him of all people to Sonic and Tails? All Knuckles said was that he met up with Eggman on the city outskirts and that he asked him to give them the letter.

But I remember a similar thing happening in Sonic Heroes and I do find it interesting that they never made it clear who exactly Eggman delivered that note to. Though I'm thinking it's best to say that it was Tails for some reason.
    I do, hence why he'd deliver it. But he was still forced to in a way, just with his approval of being forced to. Ivo wouldn't want him to not deliver the letter after all. But I couldn't guess why he's on the island, not unless Tails forced him there.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 9:02 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

I do, hence why he'd deliver it. But he was still forced to in a way, just with his approval of being forced to. Ivo wouldn't want him to not deliver the letter after all. But I couldn't guess why he's on the island, not unless Tails forced him there.

There's no use trying to figure that out. They wanted an excuse for Knuckles to be there so they slapped him on.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 24th 2009, 9:15 pm

I'm going to anyway, but it would only make sense in the context of my comic, so you'd have to read it when I get that far. :Wink Wink:
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 24th 2009, 9:17 pm

Sure why not. :Mr. Green:
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Medalg10Personality Trouble? Zigzag10Personality Trouble? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great March 26th 2009, 4:19 am

So Knuckles is being forced to be in situations he doesn't want to for the sake of the game? Then that's not really his personality, then.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 26th 2009, 11:19 am

Gamma The Great wrote:So Knuckles is being forced to be in situations he doesn't want to for the sake of the game? Then that's not really his personality, then.
    Actually it kinda is. Knuckles wants a lifestyle like Sonic, but is destined to his own. He wouldn't leave it if he didn't have to, even though he somewhat wants to. So while Sonic and Tails are forcing him along, since he is their friend and they need his help, Knuckles is kind of happy to live a normal life for a while.
    Knuckles

Personality Trouble? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Knuckles April 10th 2009, 3:45 pm

But Knuckles is supposed to be a loner. That sucks.
    sykog
    sykog

Personality Trouble? Imagee10

Personality Trouble? Blackr10Personality Trouble? Medalw11Personality Trouble? Medalg10Personality Trouble? Zigzag10Personality Trouble? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog April 10th 2009, 7:46 pm

Because the new Knuckles doesn't do that, hes different. He'snot Sonic's rival anymore, he jsut likes to follow him around everywhere he goes. He's like a second Tails now.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 16th 2009, 1:05 am

sykog77 wrote:Because the new Knuckles doesn't do that, hes different. He'snot Sonic's rival anymore, he jsut likes to follow him around everywhere he goes. He's like a second Tails now.

Not quite in the loop here but I guess at a dissapointed observer's standpoint that'd be correct.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content