codeorange
Zez
XNinjaRed
8 posters

The thing about Sexism.

XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

The thing about Sexism. Imagee10

The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. Medalg10The thing about Sexism. Zigzag10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

: Male
     Rep4

The thing about Sexism. Empty The thing about Sexism.

Post by XNinjaRed April 21st 2009, 3:43 am

I REALLY think Sexism has gone off the wrong path lately.
    You know what happened yesterday?
    A girl walked to me and looked at my comic drawings. She said I was being sexist for drawing the girls with tight clothing. She said I was being sexist for making the story about the Grim Reaper and the Devil whom are both male. She said I was being sexist because the girls until now have only complained and washed dishes.

Now okay guys, this has been pissing me off for quite a while.
    First, about my comic.
    The Grim Reaper is male, yes. The Devil is male too, yes. But can I help it? That's in popular culture that they're male!
    Yes, the girls wear tight clothing, but did she even take a good look at the way the Grim Reaper and the Devil is drawn? They wear nothing BUT tights! Sure the Devil has wings and Grim Reaper has a cloak, but if that makes such a difference, then the girls have BAZOOKA amount of HAIR!
    And the fact the girls UNTIL NOW have only complained and washed dishes. Yeah, look how many pages I've just drawn until now. 8 pages. And in each of them the Grim Reaper simply did his job, complained about his job and talked to other people how his job sucked. The Devil took a blood bath, flirted with a girl and... that's it... The girls while they DID washed dishes, I friggin' made the dishwashing some kind of epic fightscene! And sure they complained, but their husbands (Grim Reaper and Devil) simply looked in fear while they did!

These days, people think being sexist is having the women do something different then men. Really now. There's a REASON women do different things!

You see us men wear bras? You see us men wear skirts? You see us men talk about how a boy is cute and he'd like to cuddle them?
    The thing about Sexism. Michael-jackson_1
    HE DOESN'T COUNT!

In fact, lately women are able to do much more then men!

You see a woman burping in public people will say she's rude, but that's the same reaction as you get if you're a guy, even though that's a "guy thing".

You see a man shopping big amounts of clothes people will say he's gay, but you won't get the same reaction as you get if you're a girl, BECAUSE that's a "girl thing".

If a guy breaks up with a girl, people will curse at him for doing it just so he can be with another woman. They see it as him abandoning her.

If a GIRL breaks up with a GUY, people will applaud her and say she's doing it to be free from his "evil reign". They see is as her getting free.

Does ANYONE see anything WRONG with that?!

Sexism isn't that you categorize things what women or men do, it's about equality!

Sure the women show more skin when at the gala wearing a dress. That's because they're friggin beautiful!
    The thing about Sexism. Ugly-1

Okay, most of them. MOST of them are beautiful.

Men wear tuxedos because it's not that they want to show more skin.
    Seriously I'm prett sure SOME guys want to show off their "skin":
    The thing about Sexism. Arnold-schwarzenegger

But they don't, because when it comes to beauty, it's about the women.

Girls saying we don't make them out as equals should realize EQUAL doesn't mean THE SAME!

I mean seriously, you want everybody to be guys, or everybody to be girls?

All I'm saying is, Sexism claims should calm down. Girls are beautiful, Guys are tough.
    Every now and then there are tough Girls, every now and then there are beautiful Guys... I mean HANDSOME Guys.
    Doesn't stop the fact that most women are beautiful and most men are tough.
    If not tough or beautiful then men and women are smart, with great personalities.
    Doesn't stop their jobs from being what a man and what a woman does.
    Women will FOREVER have to be the ones carrying the child. Remember that.
    BECAUSE of that Men HAVE to be the ones mostly doing their jobs.
    That's why men and women are different! Doesn't mean they're not equal!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this.
    I did this because apparently Zezima missed these kinds of posts.

Last edited by XNinjaRed on April 21st 2009, 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zez
    Zez

The thing about Sexism. VOZLn

The thing about Sexism. Blackr10The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. Zigzag10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep24

The thing about Sexism. Empty Re: The thing about Sexism.

Post by Zez April 21st 2009, 3:52 am

FINALLY F**KING SOMEONE SPEAKS SOME LOGIC ABOUT THIS ISSUE!!

Women in USA have so many more rights, and prvileges than Men do, because what, exactly? Could be any number of reasons I have seen-

1- Men supposedly run the world, so they please Women since it's supposedly in their nature to woo a Woman to court with her. (Not my theory)

2- Women supposedly have less responsibilities than men so they get away with more that way. (UHm, WHAT THE F**K? That's like saying Women are lower in intelligence than Men, and what to base that on? They don't usually have the supporting income? So? Who gives a crap? They should still have the equal amount of weight to carry around when it comes to responsibility!)

3- Pre determined roles. Women are seen as the caretakers and the naturally born more logical ones. (Bull. Individual nuances FTW.)

4- USA's victim mentality. (My theory FTW.) USA has taken the victim mentality to an all new extreme. Now Men can't do sh*t around here without being eagle eyed by authorities. A man would get pulled over for speeding twice, and he would be put in jail for let's say, a month. A woman does an identical penalty, and may not go to jail at all, maybe a few days! The victim mentality is supposedly supposed to be compensation for something that some people view that Men view Women as possesions or objects, and it's unfair. If that's the case, then USA has OVER compensated to the point that it's now sexist against men. Face-palm here FTW.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. Medalg10The thing about Sexism. Zigzag10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed April 21st 2009, 4:05 am

And you know what else?
    I just realized the girls in my comic are pretty much the ones wearing the pants in the house! They decide what they're going to do every day, they decide what the guys SHOULDN'T do and they decide what the guys SHOULD do and the guys simply obey every single word they say!
    Why?
    Because they LOVE them, that's why!
    Why don't men get the same treatment they're supposed to get!

That said though, I'm still continuing my comic in this same manner with the women being the dominant people because the idea of the Devil and Grim Reaper being beaten by their wives is just hilarious.
    Zez
    Zez

The thing about Sexism. Blackr10The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. Zigzag10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez April 21st 2009, 4:15 am

Exactly. I think the media blows it way out of proportion a lot of the time. People just automatically assume that if you portray women doing something that could maybe be viewed as sexist, since you're a guy you're automatically being sexist. I'm almost certain if a woman were to draw that same exact comic, there would be no problem from anyone about it. But since a man did it, you're just automatically a big, dumb, ignorant jerk who thinks women are housekeepers. That is the definition of bias and injustice. Way to turn the situation 180 degrees, USA.

Another thing. When Men find a woman attractive, it's considered to be a disgusting crazed impulse to just screw every woman in sight. But what if a woman were to actually be a cheater, and actually perform that? No matter. She's probably got stress to relieve, you know, her being a woman and all. It's getting real out of hand with all these judgemental screwy perceptions of people.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed April 21st 2009, 4:46 am

Indeed indeed indeed.
    I don't blame the women personally, I blame society which simply can't decide whether to discriminate every single women, or every single men.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed April 21st 2009, 4:48 am

You know what makes me laugh the most?
    People said Sailor Moon is degrading the females.
    When they found out Sailor Moon was created by a female, the claims suddenly dropped.
    How odd. eye roll
    codeorange

The thing about Sexism. GOMM8

The thing about Sexism. Medalg10The thing about Sexism. White10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange April 23rd 2009, 3:05 am

Where, oh where, do I begin with this issue?

Okay, Sexism...it's gotten out of hand for sure IMO. The one thing that bothers me so much about this is Sexism is only pointed towards the men. Really? Like you don't think for one minute you could apply that to the women as well? You don't think that women could be sexists? I say if you create the term of "being sexist", then that should be available for both genders and not just one. It happens from both sides of the fence. Society as a whole has been losing focus on the big picture, and you know what's that?

Society lost focus of the fact that you need to hold everyone accountable for their actions. Not just the men. Not just the women. Everybody. The rules have to be fair, and right now, I don't see the rules being fair. Trust me, this is far worse than stealing Monopoly money on any given night. More often than not, I see a huge amount of women getting away with lots of criminal actions only because of their gender-sake. I mean, it's getting to the point where women can almost get away with murder. It's reprehensible, to say the least. The excuse made here is "Well, she's a woman. She has rights, you know. Maybe she's going through hard times..."

DUDE! WAKE UP! I don't care if it's a she, if she is doing something that's breaking the law, you slap the cuffs on her just like you would to a guy. It's not that hard a problem to figure out. Women complain that they don't have their rights, and while I do believe that women do struggle to still get their voices to be heard sometimes, I believe today is not nearly as bad as what it was before way back in history. In the VERY early days, women had no rights. Period. Guess what happened recently? Women were gunning for the White House, albeit I didn't like either of those two women because of their beliefs and NOT because of their gender.
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

The thing about Sexism. GOMM8

The thing about Sexism. White10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails April 23rd 2009, 3:17 am

Why the frak to some women wear revealing cleavage clothes and do all sorts of things to make their femininity look really appealing, then get angry when we try to look at it? Like, girl, you've got JUICY written on your rump, excuse me for staring. Jeez.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed April 23rd 2009, 4:07 am

codeorange wrote:Where, oh where, do I begin with this issue?

Okay, Sexism...it's gotten out of hand for sure IMO. The one thing that bothers me so much about this is Sexism is only pointed towards the men. Really? Like you don't think for one minute you could apply that to the women as well? You don't think that women could be sexists? I say if you create the term of "being sexist", then that should be available for both genders and not just one. It happens from both sides of the fence. Society as a whole has been losing focus on the big picture, and you know what's that?

Society lost focus of the fact that you need to hold everyone accountable for their actions. Not just the men. Not just the women. Everybody. The rules have to be fair, and right now, I don't see the rules being fair. Trust me, this is far worse than stealing Monopoly money on any given night. More often than not, I see a huge amount of women getting away with lots of criminal actions only because of their gender-sake. I mean, it's getting to the point where women can almost get away with murder. It's reprehensible, to say the least. The excuse made here is "Well, she's a woman. She has rights, you know. Maybe she's going through hard times..."

DUDE! WAKE UP! I don't care if it's a she, if she is doing something that's breaking the law, you slap the cuffs on her just like you would to a guy. It's not that hard a problem to figure out. Women complain that they don't have their rights, and while I do believe that women do struggle to still get their voices to be heard sometimes, I believe today is not nearly as bad as what it was before way back in history. In the VERY early days, women had no rights. Period. Guess what happened recently? Women were gunning for the White House, albeit I didn't like either of those two women because of their beliefs and NOT because of their gender.
    WAit, are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, because while I rant about the women, I DID in fact stress the fact equal =/= same. So whatever you said actually compliments with what you said.
    Jaloko

The thing about Sexism. WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Jaloko April 23rd 2009, 4:44 am

A very delicate topic lol...
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

The thing about Sexism. Blackr10The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. Medalg10The thing about Sexism. White10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz April 23rd 2009, 10:24 pm

Just today at college, one of my female friends from Karate was playing around and trying to kick me, and she ended up bruising her shin when I blocked a particularly strong kick. No big deal, she'll be fine by tomorrow, but a professor who saw it happen scolded me for "not controlling myself" around a girl, even though she's the one who was hitting me.

You can imagine the response would be completely different were it the other way around, of course she was aware of the double standard as well, she is one of my friends after all.
    Erazor
    Erazor

The thing about Sexism. Blackr10The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. Medalg10The thing about Sexism. White10The thing about Sexism. Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor April 23rd 2009, 11:10 pm

Double standards in today's society have led to my hatred for many things about women.
    Miles24
    Miles24

The thing about Sexism. Blackr10The thing about Sexism. Medalw11The thing about Sexism. White10The thing about Sexism. Medal13The thing about Sexism. 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 April 24th 2009, 3:58 pm

I have to agree actually. It has become extremely hard within today's society to deam what is sexist and what is not. This is primarely that the youth of today are not taught on what a sexist comment is. Sexism can be defined as discrimination towards the other sex, but seeing that Women now have nearly equal rights to the Men of this world (An example would be that Canada, though for a short period of time, had a Female Prime Minister, and also has a female Governor General at this time.), There is a minimal amount topics that can be called sexist within today's society. The people who called your comic the such may not know the complete definition of the term, and perhaps they should wait until the comic is actually finished until they begin making such assumptions.