sykog
Joe Cool
Erazor
7 posters

Pre-Order Deals

Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Medalg10Pre-Order Deals White10Pre-Order Deals Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

Pre-Order Deals Empty Pre-Order Deals

Post by Erazor September 10th 2009, 3:13 am

Anyone else bothered by these exclusive pre-order deals most heavily hyped games are coming with recently? I'm not talking about material items like the stylus' that came with Sonic Chronicles. I'm talking about exclusive in-game content that's only available to you if you pre-order a game.

Some examples:

Spoiler:

What are your general thoughts on these deals? Me? I find them to be an unfair way of conning gamers out of a few extra bucks. I'm pretty positive all of these are available on the game discs from the start (the CoD one is obvious). Otherwise, they'd probably be more expensive. You're pretty much paying to unlock content that you've already payed for.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Pre-Order Deals GOMM8

Pre-Order Deals Medal13

Rep-3

Pre-Order Deals Empty Re: Pre-Order Deals

Post by Joe Cool September 10th 2009, 6:37 am

Yeah, i hate them too.
    i never buy video games until 3 years after they've come out and their price has dropped 40 bucks, \so i never get all the fancy pre order stuff.
    sykog
    sykog

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Medalg10Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 12th 2009, 12:13 pm

I didn't even know they did that. Now that I do, I think its stupid.
    Army
    Army

Pre-Order Deals VOZLn

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Medalg10Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals Medal13Pre-Order Deals Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army September 12th 2009, 12:58 pm

Sargent Major Johnson will be mine!
    Meh I preorder all games, not like it's anymore expensive then to buy the game, (pay 5 bucks on it to preorder, the game is only 55 now)
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Medalg10Pre-Order Deals White10Pre-Order Deals Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 12th 2009, 1:09 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:Sargent Major Johnson will be mine!
    Meh I preorder all games, not like it's anymore expensive then to buy the game, (pay 5 bucks on it to preorder, the game is only 55 now)
    5 dollars on 3 games adds up to 15 dollars. Make that 6 games and it's 30. It's a waste of good money.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Pre-Order Deals ZtZYh

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals White10Pre-Order Deals Medal13Pre-Order Deals 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 12th 2009, 1:22 pm

At least that Arkham Asylum commercial is nice.
    But seriously, no, it's kinda cheap. You'd think they'd just make it downloadable content, rather than pre-order required. And wouldn't that mean people can't get the pre-order stuff after the game is released?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 12th 2009, 1:26 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:At least that Arkham Asylum commercial is nice.
    But seriously, no, it's kinda cheap. You'd think they'd just make it downloadable content, rather than pre-order required. And wouldn't that mean people can't get the pre-order stuff after the game is released?
    Yes it does. You can only get the Gears of War 2 stuff (for rediculous prices).
    Army
    Army

Pre-Order Deals VOZLn

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Medalg10Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals Medal13Pre-Order Deals Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army September 12th 2009, 1:33 pm

Erazor wrote:
    5 dollars on 3 games adds up to 15 dollars. Make that 6 games and it's 30. It's a waste of good money.
    Yes but again it's you waste them now, then you won't have to waste those 3 dollars when you buy the game
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 12th 2009, 1:46 pm

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Yes but again it's you waste them now, then you won't have to waste those 3 dollars when you buy the game
    So, you're assuming they're going to release it later after the game is released for less? Even if they did, which they won't, you're basically admitting that you'd waste money so you can have something first.

The way I see it, Bungie will perform one of two actions:

1. They will never publicly release Johnson

2. They will publicly release Johnson for a rediculous price
    Army
    Army

Pre-Order Deals VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Army September 12th 2009, 5:09 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    So, you're assuming they're going to release it later after the game is released for less? Even if they did, which they won't, you're basically admitting that you'd waste money so you can have something first.

No, I mean whatever you pay to preorder is what they take off when you by the game so it's not a waste of cash
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Pre-Order Deals VOZLn

Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals White10Pre-Order Deals Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern September 12th 2009, 5:50 pm

well they're all code based and located on the disc anyway so allyou have to do is find the codes and your good to go. Least it was like that with conduit...
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 12th 2009, 7:50 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Erazor wrote:

No, I mean whatever you pay to preorder is what they take off when you by the game so it's not a waste of cash
    They do not take 5 dollars off of the game when you pre-order it. They wouldn't make money off of it that way.
    Army
    Army

Pre-Order Deals VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Army September 12th 2009, 8:23 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Erazor wrote:

They do not take 5 dollars off of the game when you pre-order it. They wouldn't make money off of it that way.
    Well gamestop does.
    sykog
    sykog

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Medalg10Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 12th 2009, 10:56 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Erazor wrote:

Well gamestop does.
    No, you mean add 5 dollars, not take it off.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Pre-Order Deals ZtZYh

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10Pre-Order Deals Medalw11Pre-Order Deals Zigzag10Pre-Order Deals White10Pre-Order Deals Medal13Pre-Order Deals 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 13th 2009, 11:15 am

Yeah, I certainly didn't get my money back from my pre-order.
    Erazor wrote:
    Then that's even dumber. You would think they'd at least make it downloadable afterwards, considering they'd be losing more money that way.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 13th 2009, 11:47 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Yeah, I certainly didn't get my money back from my pre-order.
    Erazor wrote:
    Then that's even dumber. You would think they'd at least make it downloadable afterwards, considering they'd be losing more money that way.
    Yeah, you'd think.
    Army
    Army

Pre-Order Deals VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Army September 13th 2009, 6:43 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Yeah, I certainly didn't get my money back from my pre-order.
    Erazor wrote:
    Well if they don't it encourges more people to pre order
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Pre-Order Deals ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 13th 2009, 9:14 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Well if they don't it encourges more people to pre order
    Yeah, but then once the game's out, they can't make money off it. Whereas, if it's downloadable, there won't be much to stop them getting money.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor November 5th 2009, 3:43 am

Necrobump.

Anyone else notice how almost any game that gets a T.V. spot seems to have some sort of feature only available by pre-ordering at GameStop? I don't mean most games. I seriously mean every game on the 360.

Right from memory I can recall:

Brutal Legend - Tenacious D guitar
    Assassin's Creed 2 - Extra Level
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Extra Weapon
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - A poster... Yay.
    DJ Hero (who would buy this, let alone pre-order it?) - Extra Tracks

Dammit. I know there are more, but I'm having difficulty thinking.

Some unmentioned oldies:

LittleBigPlanet - God of War crap (kind of makes me glad I didn't pre-order [or buy at all for that matter])
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Secret Costume
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Juggernaut Playable
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Pre-Order Deals GOMM8

Pre-Order Deals Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool November 5th 2009, 8:41 am

Erazor wrote:Necrobump.

Anyone else notice how almost any game that gets a T.V. spot seems to have some sort of feature only available by pre-ordering at GameStop? I don't mean most games. I seriously mean every game on the 360.

Right from memory I can recall:

Brutal Legend - Tenacious D guitar
    Assassin's Creed 2 - Extra Level
    Left 4 Dead 2 - Extra Weapon
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - A poster... Yay.
    DJ Hero (who would buy this, let alone pre-order it?) - Extra Tracks

Dammit. I know there are more, but I'm having difficulty thinking.

Some unmentioned oldies:

LittleBigPlanet - God of War crap (kind of makes me glad I didn't pre-order [or buy at all for that matter])
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - Secret Costume
    My Friend Yoyo Seems to really want it.
    And I've never heard of any of those other ones.
    sykog
    sykog

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog November 5th 2009, 9:38 pm

Erazor wrote:
    That's so stupid, a playable character.

Whenever I see this topic I think it's ordeals. Just wanted to the that out there.
    sykog
    sykog

Pre-Order Deals Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog November 5th 2009, 9:39 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    That's so stupid, a playable character. Sounds like they basically force you to pre-order the games these days.

Whenever I see this topic I think it's ordeals. Just wanted to the that out there.
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

Pre-Order Deals Kz2PK

Pre-Order Deals Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 November 5th 2009, 10:22 pm

I think the Juggernaut was added as DLC today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content