The Freedom Fighter
sykog
Gamma The Great
16 posters

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original VOZLn

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalg10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Zigzag10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep2

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Empty The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original

Post by Gamma The Great January 25th 2010, 6:10 pm

Obviously, Sonic Adventure DX is coming to the XBOX Live Arcade, but that's not all. The game suffers slowdown, even during cutscenes, and even at 30FPS. Further, as you can tell from what we have below, don’t expect a nice HD update to the game. With pillars in tow, Sonic Adventure DX appears to run in 4:3, and not in true HD.

Keep in mind that this is running off of a developer network, and the product is subject to change.

"Oh lord, the graphics are awful!"
    The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Sonic_gonnacrash
    sykog
    sykog

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Imagee10

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Blackr10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalg10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Zigzag10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Empty Re: The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original

Post by sykog January 25th 2010, 8:23 pm

That's not a good picture to tell how good the graphics are. 30 fps is awful though.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original ZtZYh

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Blackr10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Zigzag10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original White10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original 2nio02t

Rep76

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Empty Re: The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 25th 2010, 9:09 pm

Those look like SADC graphics, rather than SADX. Either way, not worth it if it's worse that both versions.
    Phantom
    Phantom

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom January 26th 2010, 9:41 pm

I was not aware that SADX was even coming to XBLA at all. How is it known about framerate and graphical quality?
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord January 27th 2010, 12:21 am

... kinda looks like a vampire. The teeth are sharp
    Anonymous

Post by Guest February 13th 2010, 12:21 am

Gamma The Great wrote:Obviously, Sonic Adventure DX is coming to the XBOX Live Arcade, but that's not all. The game suffers slowdown, even during cutscenes, and even at 30FPS. Further, as you can tell from what we have below, don’t expect a nice HD update to the game. With pillars in tow, Sonic Adventure DX appears to run in 4:3, and not in true HD.

Keep in mind that this is running off of a developer network, and the product is subject to change.

"Oh lord, the graphics are awful!"
    The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Sonic_gonnacrash

Hey, what the hell. The SA1DC graphics were the best.

There is no "original" Sonic Adventure DX.

The original is Sonic Adventure 1, on the SEGA DREAMCAST.
    Those graphics are amazing.
    The best ever.
    Sir Buffton Shattles
    Sir Buffton Shattles

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Sir Buffton Shattles February 17th 2010, 12:54 pm

Was there really any appreciable graphical difference between SA1 on the Dreamcast and SA DX on the Cube? I never played in on the Gamecube (I bought one and then took it back the following day. It was good, but not good enough to warrant the cost when I already had an original Xbox at the time. Me and my inability to spend money wisely, bah.).
    Jmh
    Jmh

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original White10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 17th 2010, 12:56 pm

Not buying.
    Superdoodleman

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original GOMM8

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman February 17th 2010, 12:58 pm

The framerate on the original SADC was 30 frames as well. I think SADX was around 50.
    sykog
    sykog

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Blackr10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalg10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Zigzag10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog February 17th 2010, 7:31 pm

wrote:The framerate on the original SADC was 30 frames as well. I think SADX was around 50.
    My box cover says it goes up to 60.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original ZtZYh

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Blackr10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Zigzag10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original White10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 18th 2010, 2:04 pm

I have it from a reliable source SADX was better for the most part than SADC, but that's beside the point. The point is, that if Sega still can't improve on SA after this many tries, and may now be making it worse, maybe they shouldn't bother at all.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalg10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 18th 2010, 2:45 pm

They better revamp it if they want a seller!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest February 18th 2010, 5:10 pm

In the poorly translated words of Vader: "Do not want."
    Link451
    Link451

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 February 20th 2010, 7:51 pm

Sir Buffton Shattles wrote:Was there really any appreciable graphical difference between SA1 on the Dreamcast and SA DX on the Cube? I never played in on the Gamecube (I bought one and then took it back the following day. It was good, but not good enough to warrant the cost when I already had an original Xbox at the time. Me and my inability to spend money wisely, bah.).

Yes. The graphics in SA1DX were more cartoony and brighter whereas the SA1 graphics were bolder and darker. I like the graphics of SA1 better personally, but the camera and framerate were definitely better in SADX.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog February 20th 2010, 9:54 pm

Link451 wrote:
    Sir Buffton Shattles wrote:Was there really any appreciable graphical difference between SA1 on the Dreamcast and SA DX on the Cube? I never played in on the Gamecube (I bought one and then took it back the following day. It was good, but not good enough to warrant the cost when I already had an original Xbox at the time. Me and my inability to spend money wisely, bah.).

Yes. The graphics in SA1DX were more cartoony and brighter whereas the SA1 graphics were bolder and darker. I like the graphics of SA1 better personally, but the camera and framerate were definitely better in SADX.
    Plus, SA1 graphics were much smoother, that' why I prefer them.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Zigzag10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original White10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern February 20th 2010, 10:48 pm

Mly wrote:In the poorly translated words of Vader: "Do not want."

yeah that was freaking hilarious when I fisrt saw it
    AzureScarletWarrior
    AzureScarletWarrior

Rep0

Post by AzureScarletWarrior February 22nd 2010, 1:44 pm

Sir, the camera in SADX was inferior and there were more glitches. The graphics in DX look'd uglier. Sure, some nice water effects, but that's it.

SA1's framerate was 30 and SADX's was 60s. SA1's was 30 because when the team try'd making it higher, the game kept slowing down to the point where it had to be 30, which is understandable. In SADX, it was 60 PARTIALLY but had far so much slowdown. Thus making SA1DC's framerate better.

SADX was not better than the original, it add'd inferior glitches and inferior camera. And inferior graphics. A Metal Sonic skin and Game Gear unlockables were nice, but they have no real effect on which is better.
    Erazor
    Erazor

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Blackr10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalg10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original White10The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor April 19th 2010, 11:32 pm

Yo fools. Check dis.

Haven't played DX recently so I can't say whether it looks any better or not, but it looks a hell of alot better than the DC version *flameflameflame*.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medalw11The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 20th 2010, 6:27 am

Erazor, it looks the same as the DC version. Sure, maybe some shapes and places look realer, but it looks exactly as I played it on my DC. The only thing different would probably be Sonic's character model, as it looks darker and sharper. Looks like it plays well, too.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

The DX on XBLA could be worse than the original GOMM8

Rep6

Post by T@ilz April 20th 2010, 10:17 am

Maybe I should make that picture my new avatar.
    supersonicspeed2010
    supersonicspeed2010

Rep0

Post by supersonicspeed2010 April 20th 2010, 8:02 pm

i have both sonic adventure DX on gamecube and sonic adventure on dreamcast.

sonic adventure on DC plays smoother faster and overall better.
    SADX( gamecube ) played far slower, and didn't touch up the graphics hardly at all, not to mention that the camera was awful and they didn't even add anything to make up for all of the things they messed up besides "missions" which were pretty pointless.

now, if they ported the original sonic adventure to xboxlivearcade and psn, that would be great. but if they plan on ported sonic adventure DX i will not purchase it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content