Twixie Hushimo
SonicFanPS2
TheShadowWalker
7 posters

The Well-Wisher

TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

The Well-Wisher Medalw11The Well-Wisher Medalg10The Well-Wisher Medal13The Well-Wisher 2hygec

: Male
     Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty The Well-Wisher

Post by TheShadowWalker February 21st 2010, 6:53 pm

Chapter 1:

Heavy breathing was the sound you heard. Fleeing footsteps was what you saw. Gunfire was what was behind him. Wanted by the government, Dane ran for his life. He never knew why they were chasing him, but he had a reason to. He just never knew why. So run he did.
    A wanderer and an outcast to society, there was no place for a genetically enhanced fox like him. He was just an experiment in a lab. He never knew his parents, his home, just the scientists of his lab sector. They released him one day to try and fit into society. After that day, he’s been running away from just about everyone. The police, the civilians, the kids. He could trust only his scientists. He didn’t remember the lab’s location. So, he searched for it everyday. He never found it.
    He had to act quickly or else he would be captured. He looked for a high enough tree. When he found one, he jumped and hid into the tree with one springing motion.
    Because of the testing, he had a great jump, great agility. He moved with a grace and ran like a cheetah. But, this power came with a price. His fur mutated from a healthy orange and white to a dark blue all over except his face, which was still a furry white. He had grown two tails, but he never knew why. The scientists just said it was a rare disease that he picked up. He still had yet to fully use this gift at full potential.
    He decided there that this tree he would sleep in tonight. So, he brought out his blanket from his pack and his squishy foam pad that he used as a pillow and slept there that night. This was the normal routine. Though he was comfortable for now, he knew that by morning, he would be somewhere else in a different location, for reasons not even he could ever explain.

Last edited by TheShadowWalker on February 25th 2010, 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Color of fur.)
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

The Well-Wisher Medalw11The Well-Wisher Medal13

Rep12

The Well-Wisher Empty Re: The Well-Wisher

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 21st 2010, 8:51 pm

TheShadowWalker wrote:Chapter 1:

Heavy breathing was the sound you heard. Fleeing footsteps was what you saw. Gunfire was what was behind him. Wanted by the government, Dane ran for his life. He never knew why they were chasing him, but he had a reason to. He just never knew why. So run he did.
    A wanderer and an outcast to society, there was no place for a genetically enhanced fox like him. He was just an experiment in a lab. He never knew his parents, his home, just the scientists of his lab sector. They released him one day to try and fit into society. After that day, he’s been running away from just about everyone. The police, the civilians, the kids. He could trust only his scientists. He didn’t remember the lab’s location. So, he searched for it everyday. He never found it.
    He had to act quickly or else he would be captured. He looked for a high enough tree. When he found one, he jumped and hid into the tree with one springing motion.
    Because of the testing, he had a great jump, great agility. He moved with a grace and ran like a cheetah. But, this power came with a price. His fur mutated from a healthy orange and white to a dark green all over except his face, which was still a furry white. He had grown two tails, but he never knew why. The scientists just said it was a rare disease that he picked up. He still had yet to fully use this gift at full potential.
    He decided there that this tree he would sleep in tonight. So, he brought out his blanket from his pack and his squishy foam pad that he used as a pillow and slept there that night. This was the normal routine. Though he was comfortable for now, he knew that by morning, he would be somewhere else in a different location, for reasons not even he could ever explain.

Interesting. Quite a mysterious story. I wish I could find out what happens. I feel like he's going to become Tails.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 21st 2010, 9:23 pm

TheShadowWalker wrote:Chapter 1:

Because of the testing, he had a great jump, great agility. He moved with a grace and ran like a cheetah. But, this power came with a price. His fur mutated from a healthy orange and white to a dark green all over except his face, which was still a furry white. He had grown two tails, but he never knew why. The scientists just said it was a rare disease that he picked up. He still had yet to fully use this gift at full potential.

WOOT! I guess this will have to satisfy me until the next Maximum Ride book! Haven't read them? READ THEM NOW; you'd like them. As for this, it's great! Keep it up; I can always expect the best from your stories.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

The Well-Wisher Medalw11The Well-Wisher Medalg10The Well-Wisher Medal13The Well-Wisher 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 21st 2010, 9:32 pm

Trust me; this story is not going the way you think it will be. Just wait for one or two chapters to find it out.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Danger zone.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 22nd 2010, 9:55 pm

Chapter 2:

Dane woke up in a store on the floor. He was lying next to broken glass. A stench caught him. A bad one. Something he has not smelled yet. He looked around him. Someone else was asleep. He trying shaking him to wake him up. He wasn’t waking up. He took his hands off of him and saw red imprints. He looked at himself. Blood. Lots of it.
    “Did I… kill him?” He shuddered at the thought. He tried to feel his pulse. Nothing. He realized that the blood was the man’s blood. He killed him. It was the stench of decay. He didn’t know why he did it.
    Sirens blared off. Dane’s ears started ringing. He had to get out of there. Fast. So, he ran out the back door, into the trees, and out to the lake. At the lake, he found a familiar figure.
    “Shadow!” he called out. “Shadow, you gotta help me!”
    Shadow turned around. He saw blood splattered all over him. “Dane, what did you do?”
    Dane was breathing heavily. “I think I killed someone.”
    Shadow slowly backed away from him. “What made you do that?”
    “Whatever caused me to be hunted by G.U.N.!” he exclaimed.
    “I still have yet to see it,” Shadow insisted.
    “No. I don’t know if I will hurt you like I did that one guy,” he said.
    Sirens were heard getting closer. Dane and Shadow looked towards the direction. They decided to split and meet at the base of a nearby canyon.
    The sirens were coming closer to Dane than they were Shadow. He could feel them coming closer to him. He turned around to see them. No one was behind him.How is that… he thought. But, he wasn’t looking where he was going.
    He tripped on a branch, hit his head on a tree, slid to the edge of the canyon, and tumbled all the way down where Shadow would meet him in a little bit. There, he lay unconscious.

Last edited by TheShadowWalker on February 25th 2010, 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 23rd 2010, 7:05 am

TheShadowWalker wrote:Chapter 2:

Dane woke up in a store on the floor. He was lying next to broken glass. A stench caught him. A bad one. Something he has not smelled yet. He looked around him. Someone else was asleep. He trying shaking him to wake him up. He wasn’t waking up. He took his hands off of him and saw red imprints. He looked at himself. Blood. Lots of it.
    “Did I… kill him?” He shuddered at the thought. He tried to feel his pulse. Nothing. He realized that the blood was the man’s blood. He killed him. It was the stench of decay. He didn’t know why he did it.
    Sirens blared off. Dane’s ears started ringing. He had to get out of there. Fast. So, he ran out the back door, into the trees, and out to the lake. At the lake, he found a familiar figure.
    “Shadow!” he called out. “Shadow, you gotta help me!”
    Shadow turned around. He saw blood splattered all over him. “Dane, what did you do?”
    Dane was breathing heavily. “I think I killed someone.”
    Shadow slowly backed away from him. “What made you do that?”
    “Whatever caused me to be hunted by G.U.N.!” he exclaimed.
    “I still have yet to see it,” Shadow insisted.
    “No. I don’t know if I will hurt you like I did that one guy,” he said.
    Sirens were heard getting closer. Dane and Shadow looked towards the direction. They decided to split and meet at the base of a nearby canyon.
    The sirens were coming closer to Dane than they were Shadow. He could feel them coming closer to him. He turned around to see them. No one was behind him.How is that… he thought. But, he wasn’t looking where he was going.
    He tripped on a branch, hit his head on a tree, slid to the edge of the canyon, and tumbled all the way down where Shadow would meet him in a little bit. There, he lay unconscious.

Wait, so is he at the area where they were supposed to meet? Or was he below that area?
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 23rd 2010, 4:57 pm

He's at the meeting place.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Dash.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 25th 2010, 10:40 pm

Chapter 3:

“Wake up, man! We don’t have time for sleeping!”
    He awoke to Shadow slapping him in the face trying to wake him up.
    “W… Where am I?”
    “You made it to the meeting place,” Shadow asked.
    “Wait… Do I know you?”
    “I’m Shadow. Your buddy?”
    “If you’re my friend… Who am I?”
    Shadow looked at him blankly. What happened exactly when he was being chased?
    “Wait, I know!” Shadow looked at him excitedly. Nothing bad happened! “My name’s Dash!”
    Shadow had a facepalm moment.
    “So, Shadow… What exactly happened that I missed?”
    “Well,” Shadow remembered, “We are being chased by G.U.N. because we are outlaws.”
    “There’s no way I’m wanted!” Dash proudly said. “I’m the nice guy! What would I do so wrong?”
    Shadow prepared himself. “You killed someone.”
    Dash looked blankly. “Really?”
    Shadow knew that this was a different personality. Either Dane had amnesia or he had split personalities. No, he would have a split personality… He must have amnesia!
    “Listen, Dash, you have amnesia. You’re not you.”
    “Say what?”
    “You have amnesia. You’re name is really Dane.”
    “No,” Dash said, “Dane doesn’t feel… me.”
    Sirens were catching up.
    “They’re looking for us. Follow me.”
    Dash nodded and tried to catch up with Shadow as best as he could.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 25th 2010, 11:19 pm

Yay! Keep going, please!
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 26th 2010, 5:39 pm

Did anyone notice the color change in he text before they read?
    Because the color of the text is the key to understand this novel.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Well-Wisher ZtZYh

The Well-Wisher Blackr10The Well-Wisher Medalw11The Well-Wisher Zigzag10The Well-Wisher White10The Well-Wisher Medal13The Well-Wisher 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 26th 2010, 5:47 pm

Yes, of course.
    Of course, you only edited it yesterday, but still.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty The clearing.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 26th 2010, 11:22 pm

Chapter 4:

Shadow stopped. He didn’t hear anything. Silence. He enjoyed it. A moment of fresh air. Time to relax. He took a deep breath…
    *bump*
    “Sorry, Shadow! I didn’t see you!” Dash said. He was too busy looking behind him for any more sirens.
    “Well, you can at least stop for a moment,” he tried to be at his best to calm down. He took out his lighter and his cigarette box from his sack and lit it up.
    “Doesn’t that kill you?” Dash pointed out.
    “Not when I’m stressed,” Shadow bitterly told him.
    Dash looked to the left. A lake as smooth as glass and as clear as a windowpane. He jumped in headfirst.
    *splash!*
    The water was nice and cool on a hot day like this. He floated up.
    ‘”Come on, Shadow!” he called out. “The water’s great!”
    Shadow blew out some smoke and glanced at Dash. “You know I can’t swim.”
    Dash was confused. “No, I don’t.”
    Shadow sighed. He needed getting used to this guy. His naïve nature would be the death of him.

The sun was already down. The stars were out. There were no clouds. A nice gentle breeze was in the air. More importantly, G.U.N. had not found them hiding in this beautiful clearing.
    “Listen,” Shadow started telling Dash, “I’ll tell you this once: You do crazy things in your sleep.”
    “You mean sleepwalking?” Dash thought.
    “I can’t explain it. But you hurt people. Killing people.”
    Dash wouldn’t believe it. “Yeah, right…”
    “Fine,” Shadow said, “But don’t say I didn’t warn you.”
    And with that, they fell asleep.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Dex.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 27th 2010, 12:07 am

Chapter 5:

Shadow woke up to heavy breathing in his ear. He thought G.U.N. caught up with them and the dogs were sniffing them out. He turned around to red eyes glaring at him with big fangs, a mixed deep voice, and a monstrous body that seemed to look like a oddly-colored werewolf. He backed up.
    “Woah, boy,” Shadow warned him. “Easy now…”
    “I’m not a dog, you idiot,” the monster replied.
    “Then, what are you?”
    “I’m not a what,” it replied, “I’m a who. There’s… A difference… Since you won’t live to know, the name’s Dex.”
    Shadow made a link. It was Dane. He was a werefox and he had amnesia. He had split personalities.
    “And, now… You are going to die.” And with that, Dex lunged at Shadow.
    He acted quickly and sidestepped. “Now, Dane…”
    “Dane?” Dex laughed. “That guy’s long gone. If he ever comes back, I’ll personally take care of him. Now, hold still!
    He lunged again. Shadow looked around as he avoided the attack. A good sized rock.
    “Hey, Dex!” He picked up the rock and threw it right at his head.
    *plunk!*
    Right on the nose bridge. Dex covered his face in pain as he backed up. He lost his balance and fell into the pond behind him. He started to drown.
    Shadow felt happy. He was going to live another day. But something told him to take action and save Dex. After all, Dex was Dane, and Dane was his only friend. Faced with a conflict, Shadow did what his gut told him. He pulled up Dex just as he was starting to sink.
    On the shore, Shadow did his best to keep Dex down while he knocked the water out of him. Dex felt weak and fell asleep after the scene. Shadow hoped for a miracle to help his friend, whatever may come up this time. He fell back asleep.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Leaving.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 27th 2010, 12:59 pm

Chapter 6:

“Shad! Wake up!”
    Shadow was being shaken up.
    “Shad! Where are we?”
    “Dash, what did I say about…”
    “Dash? Who’s Dash? It’s me, Shad!”
    Shadow realized Dane was back. “Dane: There’s something I have to tell you.”
    Dane stopped shaking Shadow and waiting for him to sit up.
    “I know why you attack people at night. You have multiple personalities. But, I see your amnesia’s gone.”
    “Wait, so I have multiple personalities? And I had amnesia?”
    “Yeah. You’re amnesia side is Dash, who seems to be always cheery and loves life. Your dark side is Dex, a werefox who is a blood-thirsty savage.”
    Dane couldn’t believe it. He was a werefox? And a different persona took control of it? What else was there to the story?
    Shadow told him the story of Dash and Dex. He had no way of knowing how he regained control. Probably when Dex drowned. But, he was just guessing. After he finished, Dane thought about what had happened.
    “This is all the more reason why I have to get to the lab,” he planned out.
    His green eyes seemed to glow with his clearer mind. Shadow couldn’t help but notice.
    “I think it’s time to move on,” Shadow pointed out.
    Dane looked around. The scenery was nice, but it wouldn’t help him much. He nodded in agreement. He and Shadow packed up there stuff and left the little plain that gave him so much memory.
    Dane thought about Dash and Dex. All of a sudden, he felt a presence. A small one, but it was there. It felt inside of him. He tried to feel it. A small cry. Someone inside was afraid. He couldn’t help but notice it felt like him. It was like he wasn’t fully unlocked yet…
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Well-Wisher ZtZYh

The Well-Wisher Blackr10The Well-Wisher Medalw11The Well-Wisher Zigzag10The Well-Wisher White10The Well-Wisher Medal13The Well-Wisher 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 27th 2010, 2:45 pm

So at least Dane knows the truth.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 27th 2010, 3:02 pm

He just can't comprehend it that much.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 27th 2010, 3:11 pm

So you can tell the difference of characters with the text...Cool!
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty A cat in the bushes.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 27th 2010, 10:44 pm

Chapter 7:

They started walking. As always, they didn’t know where to next. They just hoped it wasn’t a city. As long as they stayed out of G.U.N.’s eye, they were safe. Or so they thought…
    It was about three hours after they started walking. They were hungry, so they stopped for some lunch in a shady spot. Shadow looked through his pack. Its contents included four water bottles, a few granola bars, and two apples. He looked around. He found some berries that were in season. He took a water bottle, a granola bar, and picked some berries off. That was his lunch. Dane went through his pack. A few water bottles, some energy drinks, and a fresh pack of trail mix that he recently picked up from the store before ditching town. He decided to share with Shadow. After all, they must do what they must to survive. They were just lucky that nobody was around to label them with society’s words.
    Little did they know, somebody was watching them. She purred as she watched them eat. She didn’t know who they were, where they came from, but the one was cute to her.
    Shadow had the sense that someone was near. He looked around for any sign or presence of an unwanted guest. He looked right in the stranger’s presence. She knew it was time for her to stop eavesdropping. She slowly backed away to make sure she wasn’t heard.
    *crack!*
    How did I guess? she ironically thought.
    Shadow stood up and ran towards her. She had to get out. Fast. She turned the other way and started to run. But she was no match for Shadow.
    “Got something!” he shouted.
    Dane was wondering what he was doing. “Show me!” he asked.
    Shadow held her up in the air with one hand like she was a prized possession from a recent hunt.
    “I’m not you’re little trophy,” she demanded. “Now let me go!”
    “How can I trust that you won’t run?” Shadow pointed out.
    She took off her necklace and her bracelets and handed them to Shadow. “If I run, you can keep those.”
    Shadow let him go. Dane finally got a good look at the perpetrator. She was a tall cat, compared to when she was crawled up when Shadow picked her up. Her fur was a cinnamon red with a white underbelly. She wore ripped jeans and a cut-up vest semi-covering her black and white rebel’s shirt. Her hair was a darker red than her fur, reaching down to her elbows and not even covering the ears on top of her head. Her makeup consisted of a fainter color lipstick that brought out her rosy red cheeks that seemed to blush at him. Her jewelry consisted of small, diamond-studded earrings, along with the bracelets and the crucifix necklace laced with string she gave to Shadow. Her voice seemed to match her personality: A rebel with a hint of seduction. Not his type, but still nice enough to look at.
    “So,” he finally asked when he was finished, “What’s a thing like you doing around here?”
    “I’m not a thing,” she affirmed him. ”You can call me Tracey. Tracey the Cat.” She gave him a wink and made a peace sign like she was posing for a photo. “Well, I was going to ask the same thing, but it looks like I’ll have to go first.” She got a deep breath. “I’m looking for some more raw material to make another wooden statue. I just can’t seem to find the right branch for it. So, what are you guys doing out here?” She said ‘guys’, but she really was talking to Dane.
    “Well… We’re wanderers. We’re not allowed within cities. The government doesn’t seem to like us.” He didn’t feel like saying why, but he took a deep breath and started to speak.
    Shadow interrupted him in the nick of time. “I’m a government project that they want withheld from the public. My friend Dane is in the organized crime business. His recent crime didn’t go so well.”
    Tracey liked the name Dane. “So, you guys are fugitives looking for some help, right?” They nodded. “Well, my place is near here. I live in the wilderness. I don’t trust most people, but you fellas seem desperate.” She asked for her stuff back. Shadow obliged. “Follow me. I’ll show you guys around.”
    The two looked at each other. Nothing else better than a free stay. So, they followed Tracey to wherever she was headed off to.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Well-Wisher ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 27th 2010, 10:53 pm

Ah, pretty nice. But what will happen next, I wonder.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Home, sweet home.

Post by TheShadowWalker February 28th 2010, 7:24 pm

Chapter 8:

“Be careful to watch your step,” Tracey warned them as one of the traps set off, almost knocking Shadow’s head off. “I’ve got this place protected.”
    “I could tell,” Shadow dodged another attack.
    The onslaught of traps continued for another quarter of a mile before reaching a cozy-looking area surrounded by trees, bushes, and a layer of branches. It was a large clearing, much like the one they slept at. It had many impromptu things, such as a bed of twigs, a table of rock, and a rug of leaves. Only a few things stood out; a electric generator that ran on firewood, the pirate radio broadcast area, a mini refrigerator/freezer, and a small satellite TV on a crate. Above the clearing was a ceiling made entirely of plastic wrap. To them, this was a strange nature campsite. To Tracey, it was home.
    “Well, this is my place,” she boldly declared.
    “How long have you been staying here?” Dane asked.
    “About a year and a half. It’s kinda grown on me.” She smirked.
    “So, may I ask how you manage to stay alive?” Shadow wondered how a single person, much less a female, could survive without any help but their own skills.
    “Well, I had to grow to hunting. As much as I didn’t like it at first, I learned as I went, with some knowledge from anatomy class back in school. When I had to, I came into town, steal someone’s loose change, and get whatever I needed.”
    While she said this, Shadow looked in the fridge. It was packed with drinks, fruit, and vegetables. All the necessities of living healthy were conveniently located in there. The freezer was packed with dead meat that still looked fresh. He closed it up and felt like vomiting from the smell of the meat.
    “So, before I forget, I forgot to ask you guys for your names.”
    “The name’s Shadow, the ultimate life form.”
    “Call me Dane.”
    “Nice to meet you boys,” she offered in return. She walked in the middle of the clearing and checked her shadow. “Well, it’s about 5:24 PM. So, I’m gonna go hunt. You wanna come with?” She was directing it towards Dane, but meant to include Shadow.
    “No thanks. I’d rather much get cozy,” Shadow said.
    “Actually, yes,” Dane accepted.
    Tracey had a big smile waiting for him, but she did her best to hold it in. “All right then. Come along.” As they headed out, she looked at Shadow. “Don’t touch anything now.”
    “Can I listen to your radio?”
    She nodded.
    “What station’s alternative?”
    “It’s already set to it.”
    And with that, Tracey and Dane left Shadow behind to hunt for dinner.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Well-Wisher ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 28th 2010, 8:09 pm

Some private time for them, I see. Let's see how they bond.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Hunting.

Post by TheShadowWalker March 1st 2010, 7:01 pm

Chapter 9:

Carefully, Dane moved swiftly behind Tracey, as they stalked around for prey. While avoiding traps they already set up, they got to a safe point at which game usually was. There, they hid in a bush by the plain.
    “So, this is how you kill them?” Dane asked.
    “Well, I rely on the traps and my trusty knife,” she explained while she took out her pocketknife and flicked it to show him. “If they try to get away, I usually have a nice handgun to prevent it.” She took out a Walther PP9, a trusty standard she took from her dad before she left their house and waved it around like a trophy. Dane admired weapons, as long as they weren’t being used against him.
    She prepared herself in position and waited for bait. It was quiet for a few minutes. Dane started to get impatient. He looked the other direction and wondered when something would happen.
    *snap!*
    “I think I got something!” Tracey exclaimed. “Here, I’ll go look. You stay here and shoot anything besides me that moves.”
    Dane hardly took a breath before she zoomed away. So, knowing what little he did, he aimed blindly in front of him and watched. As dull as it was, he was hungry and wanted food.
    Tracey purposely set of a trap to sneak away from him. She waited a minute or two to sneak back up on him. She crawled beside him while he was looking the other way. She carefully put arm around his body. She started to hug him suddenly.
    *BANG!*
    Dane screamed and shot the gun without warning. He got up and ran headfirst into a tree.

Shadow was sleeping on the couch of cotton and bark when Tracey came with a dead turkey in one hand and an unconscious fox across her shoulders. She put the turkey on the table and with one hand flipped Shadow off the couch to lie the fox down. She started to shake him while Shadow got up in a daze.
    “Why the hell did you do that?” he grumbled.
    “Because I scared Dane and he ran into a tree. He’s knocked out.”
    Shadow remembered his split personality change. “Uhh… You might want to--”
    “Wake up!” she screamed at him.
    He woke up in confusion. He saw Tracey right in front of his face. He screamed and try to run away. Without even looking, Shadow grabbed his two tails and sat him down. “Before I let go,” he told Tracey, “he suffers from amnesia and split personalities.” Tracey didn’t get it. “Let me show you.” He turned the fox around. “Do you remember her?”

Last edited by TheShadowWalker on March 1st 2010, 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo March 1st 2010, 7:10 pm

Must. Red. More.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker March 1st 2010, 7:17 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:Must. Red. More.
    Three things:
    1 - I see you notice no color for the second half.
    2 - I see you made a typo.
    3 - Thanks.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Well-Wisher VOZLn

Rep3

The Well-Wisher Empty Changes.

Post by TheShadowWalker March 1st 2010, 11:10 pm

Chapter 10:

“Of course! She tried to kill me!”
    “So, you do remember her?” Shadow asked.
    “No. She just tried to kill me right now!”
    He had a facepalm moment. Shadow knew instantly it was Dash. Tracey was confused. Why didn’t he remember me? she thought.
    “I told you. He has, from what I know, three personalities. You’ve met the normal one, Dane. This here is amnesia boy, Dash. The other is Dex, and I don’t want you knowing him.”
    “Well, why not?” she wondered.
    He’s the reason he’s here with me.” Shadow felt like he was a brother’s keeper. “Hey, Dash! We need Dane back.”
    “You mean the other guy? I’ll try…” Dash meditated on it for a bit.
    Shadow grew impatient. “Dane, you back?”
    The only response he got out was a mumble: “Dash to Dane, come in Dane, we need you back, over.”
    Tracey had a facepalm moment. Shadow felt rage. He walked back up to Dash. “You see this, Dash?” He used his palm to show him.
    “It’s your hand. Why?”
    Shadow thrust his palm right to Dash’s face. If you were close by, you would hear the cracking of the cartilage from his nose. He fell backwards and covered his face in pain.

For a few seconds, he seemed lifeless. Suddenly…
    Owwwww! Shadow! Why did you do that? I thought we were friends!
    It was Dane.
    Tracey didn’t know how to stop the bleeding, so she grabbed some nearby cotton off of a bush and stuck it up his nose. “That should stop any blood from coming out,” she explained.

It was around 6:34 PM. Dinner was eaten. Shadow had to excuse himself and Dane while Tracey did her normal routine. They walked for about a half-mile or so before reaching a densely filled tree area. Shadow gave Dane a dead arm and started to tie him to one of the trees.
    “Whoa, Shadow. What are you doing?”
    “This is to make sure Dex doesn’t come after us.” Shadow was doing this for the greater good. “Don’t worry; I mapped the place out. Just stay here for the night and you will be found first thing tomorrow.”
    Dane could trust Shadow on that.

It was now 9:47 PM. Tracey was preparing for a good night’s rest and Shadow was already fast asleep, but Dane was wide awake. He wanted to make sure to stall Dex from finding the team, though he forgot which direction he was in. He got bored, so he started to look up and count the night stars. It was then when he saw a full moon’s light. He felt something jerk his body forwards. He felt himself growing fangs and sharper claws. His fur was sticking on end in a tangled frenzy. His shoulders seem to buff up in stature. His feet grew long and vicious. His two tails felt like they were growing an extra five, but was really happening was his tails grew proportionately with his body, which was already out of whack. His blue eyes turned a demoniac red. He had turned into a werefox. He howled into the night sky. He looked at himself. He liked the changes that were made. He felt stronger than before, like he could take on challenges previously come before him. He felt…

...Vicarious...

Last edited by TheShadowWalker on March 3rd 2010, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content