NeoMetalSonic
TheShadowWalker
SonicFanPS2
30 posters

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round

Poll

Sonic 2, or Sonic 3?

[ 44 ]
    The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Bar_le1138%The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [38%] 
    [ 73 ]
    The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Bar_le1162%The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [62%] 

Total Votes: 117
    Nuva
    Nuva

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Imagee10

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep20

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round

Post by Nuva November 21st 2010, 3:15 pm

It's not like there's much difference, just additional levels and Knuckles.
    Shade
    Shade

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 VOZLn

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Zigzag10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round

Post by Shade November 21st 2010, 5:51 pm

Sonic 2, easily. It's just so much better overall.
    Jmh
    Jmh

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 White10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh November 22nd 2010, 2:19 pm

nuva500 wrote:It's not like there's much difference, just additional levels and Knuckles.
    Also this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8BorU-1cvc
    Nuva
    Nuva

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva November 22nd 2010, 5:48 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:Sonic 2, easily. It's just so much better overall.
    You make me cry because I dislike your opinion. Nothing to do with a pile of onions next to me. Nope.
    Shade
    Shade

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Zigzag10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade November 22nd 2010, 5:59 pm

nuva500 wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:Sonic 2, easily. It's just so much better overall.
    You make me cry because I dislike your opinion. Nothing to do with a pile of onions next to me. Nope.

Did the onions tell you Sonic 2 is better? :P
    chris9801
    chris9801

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by chris9801 November 22nd 2010, 7:34 pm

Sonic 2 is in the middle, it marked the climax (peak) of the sires' greatness (like halo 2 for climax example). Sonic 3 marked the end of an exilent sires, "when out with a bang" if you include JMH's post (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8BorU-1cvc) and for the record I see sonic and knuckles as an addon (think about it, it's not numbered, and it even physicaly "linked/connected" to Sonic 3). I love sonic 2 and still play it, after all it was my first game, it's where my faveourite character first came in AND they even fully share the title screen (for all you ideots out there, its Tails I'm talking about).

On an unrealated note, nuva500 has reached 666 posts! XD
    O! and would you look at that! I reached 13 posts! =O
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva November 22nd 2010, 8:01 pm

chris9801 wrote:On an unrealated note, nuva500 has reached 666 posts
    Oh dear :ohno: better fix that now.
    chris9801
    chris9801

Rep0

Post by chris9801 November 22nd 2010, 8:04 pm

nuva500 wrote:
    chris9801 wrote:On an unrealated note, nuva500 has reached 666 posts
    Oh dear :ohno: better fix that now.

Mine too while we're at it! And your welcome I supose =þ
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva November 22nd 2010, 9:22 pm

Thanks?
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Blackr10

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! November 24th 2010, 9:26 pm

In my opinion I think Sonic 2 was the best out of all.

People who voted Sonic 3 probably thought of Sonic 3 &knuckles
    But really without the lock on it's really short and feel incomplete.
    In fact it was incomplete and was actually rushed by Sega.

That's why they released the extension to the game with Sonic and Knuckles.
    But really, Sonic 2 is the largest Sonic genesis game alone with tons of Zones and Acts more than Sonic 3 by itself.
    The game was well balanced and it is more difficult and challenging than Sonic 3.
    Especially the final bosses.

Another thing I have to mention is the fact that Sonic 2 had a better multiplayer with real and full zones unlike Sonic 3.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva November 24th 2010, 11:05 pm

You make a fine argument, and you're probably right. The only thing you didn't mention were the shields in Sonic 3. I dunno, I just really like the lightning shield.
    loanstar744
    loanstar744

Rep0

Post by loanstar744 November 26th 2010, 10:42 pm

PFFT. I own all three, and I still think that Sonic 2 is better. I mean, specially Emerald Hill Zone, the music and level design to the whole game was amazing, specially compared to Sonic 3.
    MicroChirp
    MicroChirp

Rep0

Post by MicroChirp November 27th 2010, 3:01 pm

I liked Sonic 2 more than the third part, becase it's a bit easier. I got stuck in Marble Garden Act 1( the damn boss). >:(
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 6th 2011, 10:46 pm

Sonic 2 owns all. It's my favorite game of the originals. Levels were great and I could actually get pretty far. Sonic 3 was cool, but the levels didn't appeal to me as much.
    JMan
    JMan

Rep0

Post by JMan January 9th 2011, 3:41 pm

Ok I like Sonic 3 for its better co-op gameplay (TAILS CAN FLY) compare to 2 and find the stages to be much more fun than 2 as well. But I also like 2 because it has a far better vs mode. I also like 3 music better. I can't really choose. Especially since my Sonic 3 is always stuck in my Knuckles 100% of the time
    The Blue Blur
    The Blue Blur

Rep0

Post by The Blue Blur March 21st 2011, 1:24 am

Sonic 3 and kunxs not sonic 3 alone why becuase i like the music and otherwise

go go go go then launch bases music for the win go go then
    DaBlueShadow
    DaBlueShadow

Rep0

Post by DaBlueShadow April 6th 2011, 8:31 am

Sonic 3 > Sonic 2.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 6th 2011, 4:53 pm

I don't like it when people say that. I'd be alright if you just said that you liked Sonic 3 over 2, but you can't flat out say it's better with no thought to it. There have been many people in this thread who've already stated quite clearly (and with better reasoning) why they thought 2 was better. Simply stating that one is better then the other, with no opinion to back it up, is simply gonna make people upset.

(Looking back at this, I wonder if I'm raging needlessly? I dunno, I just kinda feel irritated.)
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 GOMM8

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 26th 2011, 10:03 pm

nuva500 wrote:I don't like it when people say that. I'd be alright if you just said that you liked Sonic 3 over 2, but you can't flat out say it's better with no thought to it. There have been many people in this thread who've already stated quite clearly (and with better reasoning) why they thought 2 was better. Simply stating that one is better then the other, with no opinion to back it up, is simply gonna make people upset.

(Looking back at this, I wonder if I'm raging needlessly? I dunno, I just kinda feel irritated.)

Spoken like a true backseat mod.

On the subject of 3 versus 2, my vote goes to 3, simply because it's a longer game, it had a more involved plot, wider array of characters that weren't useless and in the way, hidden levels, enhanced special stages, higher replay value, and practical additions like shields, save data, and character selection. Not to mention: Michael Jackson.
    The Blue Blur
    The Blue Blur

Rep0

Post by The Blue Blur April 26th 2011, 11:00 pm

Sonic 2 Has Better Physics In Sonic 3 You Can Suddenly Stop In Ball Forum For No Reason But Sonic 3 Has The Level Design Add Those Two Together Right & You Got Sonic 4 Ep 2 I Hope
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 27th 2011, 7:36 am

Hushimo wrote:Spoken like a true backseat mod.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be a backseat moderator or anything, I was just irritated.

Hushimo wrote:On the subject of 3 versus 2, my vote goes to 3, simply because it's a longer game, it had a more involved plot, wider array of characters that weren't useless and in the way
    By a wider array of characters you mean one more? Otherwise I completely agree with you. In fact, back when I was younger possibly one of the biggest reasons I liked 3 over nearly anything else in Mega Collection was that you could save progress. 'Course, with the newer remakes you can do that for the others as well, so I dunno how much that really matters.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy April 27th 2011, 9:15 am

nuva500 wrote:
    By a wider array of characters you mean one more?

Add one to one and you get double the number of characters (a 100% increase) that is pretty wide.
    In the Sonic 2 to Sonic 3 case, add one to two and you get a 50% increase, which is still pretty wide.
    Mathematically speaking.... :)

Personally, I enjoyed Sonic 3 because of the shields and the difficulty. To tell you the truth, I haven't been able to completely beat Sonic 1 or Sonic 3.
    2 was a cakewalk- in my opinion.
    theez

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 3qll2

Rep0

Post by theez April 27th 2011, 12:09 pm

Sonic 3 was awesome because Sonic 3 and Knuckles was really fun to cheat and stuff like that.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 27th 2011, 3:43 pm

You know, I probably shouldn't have put Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles separately...
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 GOMM8

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 2 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 27th 2011, 4:39 pm

Sonic 3 introduced Mecha Sonic, the Death Egg, and the Eggbots, as well as Super Tails, and Hyper Sonic and Knuckles. Of course, this is assuming you support the idea that 3 is simply an unfinished Sonic & Knuckles, which I do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content