NeoMetalSonic
TheShadowWalker
SonicFanPS2
30 posters

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round

Poll

Sonic 2, or Sonic 3?

[ 44 ]
    The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Bar_le1138%The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [38%] 
    [ 73 ]
    The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Bar_le1162%The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [62%] 

Total Votes: 117
    Nuva
    Nuva

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Imagee10

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13

: Male
     Rep20

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round

Post by Nuva April 27th 2011, 4:49 pm

Haha, I suppose that would be a huge increase, technically. And that's without counting Mecha Sonic or whatever he was called in that game. Whatever. I like the electric shield.
    Matt
    Matt

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 WFmvl

Rep0

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round

Post by Matt June 9th 2011, 11:59 pm

Sonic 3 and Knuckles because I loved all of the glitches. :))
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 GOMM8

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo June 10th 2011, 12:02 am

What glitches?
    Jmh
    Jmh

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 White10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 10th 2011, 12:59 am

Hushimo wrote:What glitches?
    Debug mode perhaps?
    Nuva
    Nuva

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva June 10th 2011, 1:25 am

I don't really think debug mode is a glitch, but then, it may be what he's talking about anyways. Oh man, now I wanna bust out my Mega Collection.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 ZtZYh

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Blackr10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Zigzag10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 White10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 10th 2011, 12:17 pm

No, it did have glitches, along Sonic 2 supposedly had more, so...
    chris9801
    chris9801

Rep0

Post by chris9801 June 10th 2011, 12:23 pm

Are you telling me you don't know about the massive amount of glitches in the game? Here's a guide!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ORKAL#p/u/21/XEOsmMOc_BA

Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 12th 2011, 9:28 pm

I vote Sonic 2, though I'm not sure if I actually voted or not.
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

: Female
     Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 1st 2011, 9:46 pm

I love sonic 2 better than sonic 3 but i hated sonic 4 that was a down low for sega
    oh yeah happy early 4th of July!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol
    chris9801
    chris9801

Rep0

Post by chris9801 July 1st 2011, 10:07 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote:I love sonic 2 better than sonic 3 but i hated sonic 4 that was a down low for sega

Heh, for me It's Canada Day! =D
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 1st 2011, 11:29 pm

chris9801 wrote:
    SoleannaGirly wrote:I love sonic 2 better than sonic 3 but i hated sonic 4 that was a down low for sega

Omg!!! Then happy Canada day! I live on long island;)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Blackr10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medalw11The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Zigzag10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 White10The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 2nd 2011, 2:18 am

SoleannaGirly wrote:
    chris9801 wrote:

New Yorkers for the win. 8)

But anyway, why didn't you like Sonic 4?
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 2nd 2011, 11:58 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    SoleannaGirly wrote:

New Yorkers for the win. 8)

But anyway, why didn't you like Sonic 4?

Confused Confused Confused Confused hmm,well, theres one thing for sure thats theres a ton of glitches, um :faecpalm:
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 2nd 2011, 12:06 pm

This post is made of truthful win!
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 2nd 2011, 12:10 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

hhahahaha yup! THANKS! Embarassed lol
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 2nd 2011, 12:12 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

hhahahaha yup! THANKS! Embarassed lol

The fact of the matter is that you can't theoretically make a successful Sonic 4 in this day. The concept just doesn't fit this day in time. The series has moved on with the neo Sonic.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 2nd 2011, 2:06 pm

I dunno, I really liked Sonic 4. The only thing bad I could say about it was the short game length, for the price at least.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 2nd 2011, 3:06 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote: Confused Confused Confused Confused hmm,well, theres one thing for sure thats theres a ton of glitches, um :faecpalm:
    Well, to be fair, the other classic games have lots of glitches too.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:The fact of the matter is that you can't theoretically make a successful Sonic 4 in this day. The concept just doesn't fit this day in time. The series has moved on with the neo Sonic.
    I disagree. It can be done. Sheesh, we were close to doing it. The problem is they wanted to modify the Rush engine instead of going and grabbing the classic one and modifying that for the modern consoles and stuff. Really, STH 4 should be a super easy game to make; just copy the gameplay, make new sprites and levels and level design (and like nuva said, lots of it) and there you go.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 2nd 2011, 3:49 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote: Confused Confused Confused Confused hmm,well, theres one thing for sure thats theres a ton of glitches, um :faecpalm:
    Well, to be fair, the other classic games have lots of glitches too.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:The fact of the matter is that you can't theoretically make a successful Sonic 4 in this day. The concept just doesn't fit this day in time. The series has moved on with the neo Sonic.
    I disagree. It can be done. Sheesh, we were close to doing it. The problem is they wanted to modify the Rush engine instead of going and grabbing the classic one and modifying that for the modern consoles and stuff. Really, STH 4 should be a super easy game to make; just copy the gameplay, make new sprites and levels and level design (and like nuva said, lots of it) and there you go.

I guess you're right. It's just the fact that it didn't happen the way it should is what got me thinking it couldn't happen.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 2nd 2011, 4:10 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I guess you're right. It's just the fact that it didn't happen the way it should is what got me thinking it couldn't happen.
    Yeah. Now if we're lucky, Generations might force the STH 4 team to actually step it up.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 2nd 2011, 5:02 pm

Come on, step it up!
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 2nd 2011, 6:53 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I guess you're right. It's just the fact that it didn't happen the way it should is what got me thinking it couldn't happen.
    Yeah. Now if we're lucky, Generations might force the STH 4 team to actually step it up.
    I highly doubt it, but we can only hope.
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 2nd 2011, 7:46 pm

Bur for hope I hope generations ain't that bad let's hope
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 GOMM8

The Sonic Tournament: Sonic 2 vs. Sonic 3 Final Round - Page 3 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo July 3rd 2011, 11:37 am

Since I've recently purchased every available Sonic game from the Xbox marketplace, save for the original 1991, I'm beginning to change my opinion. As for what my new opinion is exactly, I can't say, but I've definitely started to question the way they progressed the first five games, 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, and CD. I'll wait until I've beaten every one again. Let's just say I'm starting to agree with Jmh.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 3rd 2011, 1:26 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Did anyone like the special stages of the games? I think I liked Sonic 2's over Sonic 3's, but Sonic 3, I found, was the greater game overall.
    Yes, STH3&K had more enjoyable Special Stages for me; STH 2's are just too difficult, especially as Sonic&Tails.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content