The ancient lands.

4 posters

Sonic 2 on iPhone

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Sonic 2 on iPhone VOZLn

Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalw11Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalg10Sonic 2 on iPhone Zigzag10Sonic 2 on iPhone Medal13

Rep2

Sonic 2 on iPhone Empty Sonic 2 on iPhone

Post by Gamma The Great April 22nd 2010, 6:48 pm

While Sega’s big plan for emulated Genesis titles on Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch may have fizzled out, the company still plans releases for the mobile platform, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 appears next on the list.

It seems certain facets, including the two player racing mode, has been cut. That’s to be expected given the mechanics of Apple’s devices; what wasn’t is the report Tails may also have been given the axe, unplayable in any form. The two tailed fox will tag along Sonic still.

None of this has yet been clarified, but reports indicate the mobile Sonic 2 will be out April 19th or at a point shortly after–likely at a $5.99 price point–so the changes, if they exist, may be final.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Sonic 2 on iPhone Imagee10

Sonic 2 on iPhone Blackr10Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalw11Sonic 2 on iPhone White10Sonic 2 on iPhone Medal13Sonic 2 on iPhone 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep2

Sonic 2 on iPhone Empty Re: Sonic 2 on iPhone

Post by Miles24 April 22nd 2010, 8:29 pm

I actually recently downloaded it, and it is actually a well done emulation. Unfortunately though, Two Player mode has been removed, and you cannot switch between characters. (This will make it nearly impossible to collect all seven Chaos Emeralds.)
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Sonic 2 on iPhone VOZLn

Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalw11Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalg10Sonic 2 on iPhone Zigzag10Sonic 2 on iPhone Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great April 22nd 2010, 10:01 pm

Miles24 wrote:Unfortunately though, Two Player mode has been removed, and you cannot switch between characters. (This will make it nearly impossible to collect all seven Chaos Emeralds.)

I'm not entirely sure if I hadn't already explicitly mentioned this, or not.

Gamma The Great wrote:It seems certain facets, including the two player racing mode, has been cut. That’s to be expected given the mechanics of Apple’s devices; what wasn’t is the report Tails may also have been given the axe, unplayable in any form.
    agentmanningctu
    agentmanningctu

Sonic 2 on iPhone WFmvl

Rep0

Post by agentmanningctu April 27th 2010, 8:58 pm

I played the first one on my iPod and loved it. I wish it still had the two player mode.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Sonic 2 on iPhone VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great May 1st 2010, 3:33 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch has started its rollout across the world, beginning in New Zealand.

There, the game’s already up for sale in the App Store, for $8.29 in local currency. That’s about $5.87 in US dollars, and affirms the likelihood of a $5.99 price point when the game is released domestically in due course.

So far, earlier reports of a missing 2 player mode and the lack of playable Tails appear affirmed–though judging by the look of screenshots released, Tails will still follow Sonic on his adventures.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Sonic 2 on iPhone VOZLn

Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalw11Sonic 2 on iPhone Medalg10Sonic 2 on iPhone Medal13Sonic 2 on iPhone 2hygec

: Male
     Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker May 1st 2010, 3:53 pm

I swear, they better fix all these glitches...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content