[ 23 ]
    Do you like Shadow? Bar_le1172%Do you like Shadow? Bar_ri11 [72%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Do you like Shadow? Bar_le1128%Do you like Shadow? Bar_ri11 [28%] 

Total Votes: 32
    Shade
    Shade

Do you like Shadow? VOZLn

Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Do you like Shadow? Empty Do you like Shadow?

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 12:29 pm

Do you guys like Shadow?

I rather like him. He is quite an interesting character, and his rather dark approach to life is very interesting at the best of times, and makes Shadow rather a fascinating and intriguing character. I am well aware that Shadow has fans, and I think the majority of them might agree with what I'm saying.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? White10Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep26

Do you like Shadow? Empty Re: Do you like Shadow?

Post by Auflodern July 14th 2010, 3:00 pm

as a not bad character yes
    as a fan no
    Shade
    Shade

Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 14th 2010, 3:03 pm

Auflodern wrote:as a not bad character yes
    as a fan no

Well, I knew that you weren't the biggest Shadow Fan out there Krieg. It's still cool to know that you like him as an O.K character though.
    Bria
    Bria

Do you like Shadow? WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Bria July 15th 2010, 9:26 am

He's alright. He was pretty cool in SA2 but I'll admit I was thrown for a loop in Heroes and I really disliked ShtH.

I do think it's interesting that Sega added a dark character/anti-hero if you will, however, and I do like him much more then a majority of the newer characters for sure.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 15th 2010, 12:04 pm

Bria wrote:He's alright. He was pretty cool in SA2 but I'll admit I was thrown for a loop in Heroes and I really disliked ShtH.

I do think it's interesting that Sega added a dark character/anti-hero if you will, however, and I do like him much more then a majority of the newer characters for sure.

Yes. It is true that Shadow does seem to connect with many people (due to his dark personality) and he seems much more real and interesting than many other characters out there. He can also be seen as a hero figure to many people.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 15th 2010, 12:29 pm

Shadow's okay. He's better than Silver or Marine.

Last edited by SonicFanPS2 on July 15th 2010, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Do you like Shadow? 56qtD

Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 15th 2010, 12:36 pm

I'd say that I'm a fan of SA2 Shadow. Except for a few hiccups, I thought his voice was pretty good, his character's backstory was decent, I still want a running animation that can match up with his SA2 animation, And overall I just thought he was a nice character. I would discuss his later appearances, but I'd rather choose to ignore it.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Do you like Shadow? Imagee10

Do you like Shadow? Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy July 15th 2010, 3:04 pm

My favourite character from the entire series.
    Obvious enough :faic:
    Awesome story, awesome character design, and playing as shadow in any of the games he is playable in, is always the most fun (for me)...
    especially as Lancelot in Sonic and the Black Knight.
    So yeah, awesome character ^^
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Do you like Shadow? 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe July 16th 2010, 10:08 am

He's not my favorite, but he gets my respect.
    AuraTheHedgehog
    AuraTheHedgehog

Rep0

Post by AuraTheHedgehog August 30th 2010, 5:57 am

He is my absolute FAVOURITE character! He has an interesting past unlike all the others who have a simple past that SEGA hasn't even bothered to dig deeper into or add anything interesting to. His design is cool, his voice is cool, his shoes are cool as are his gloves I guess and he has a very interesting personality. He is dark, mysterious and has a deep hatred towards humans and certain others...And yet his friendship with Maria shows that Shadow has compassion and his act of bravery in SA2 shows that he is a hero of some sort that is willing to help others if the situation is bad enough. I tell you, this hedgehog is an enigma, a puzzle, a mystery...Whatever you want to call it.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Do you like Shadow? White10

Rep0

Post by Hayzer August 30th 2010, 11:46 am

Depends on the protrayal of Shadow.

Are we talking SEGASonic, or ArchieSonic?

In SEGASonic, Shadow's a rather bland character. His story's done, he gave up on trying to get his memories back, he gave up on his old life. When you take Shadow's story away from him, all you get is a Sonic clone. And that's about all Shadow is now. He's just multiplayer gameplay fodder.

In ArchieSonic, Shadow's story isn't complete yet, so he's still interesting. Black Doom and the Black Arms aren't on earth yet (they're fighting the Xorda in the skies of Argentum), and Shadow's part of Team Dark, working for G.U.N. to track down the Chaos Emeralds in the Special Zone. Shadow's got a lot going for him in ArchieSonic.

If anything could possibly salvage Shadow from being a boring character in the SEGASonic continuity, it would be his involvement in G.U.N., which 06 tactifully exploited, only to have the entire freaking game kill itself thoroughly with a sharp implement...
    sykog
    sykog

Do you like Shadow? Blackr10Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Medalg10Do you like Shadow? Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 30th 2010, 11:54 am

A little bit, not as much as I used to.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Do you like Shadow? Blackr10Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? White10Do you like Shadow? Medal13Do you like Shadow? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic August 30th 2010, 1:35 pm

No
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Do you like Shadow? Blackr10Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Medalg10Do you like Shadow? White10Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 1st 2010, 1:27 pm

No.

He's the very definition of mary sue; he's completely overpowered, looks like the main character for no apparent reason, every story he's been in just revolves around him, and his mere presence causes everyone around him to act like idiots so that he looks cooler by comparison.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 1st 2010, 1:44 pm

Roterblitz wrote:No.

He's the very definition of mary sue; he's completely overpowered, looks like the main character for no apparent reason, every story he's been in just revolves around him, and his mere presence causes everyone around him to act like idiots so that he looks cooler by comparison.

Sonic's ridiculously overpowered. I guess he's a Mary-Sue too?

Oh, and let's not forget Tails' ridiculous brain. And Knuckles' super strength. And Amy's Hammer. And Eggman's brain. And Rouge's adept Treasure Hunting abilities. Omega's unrivaled weaponry.

Seriously, everyone in Sonic has some unrivaled power. Don't hate Shadow. Everyone else is just as overpowered as he is.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Do you like Shadow? Blackr10Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? White10Do you like Shadow? Medal13Do you like Shadow? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 1st 2010, 2:09 pm

Hayzer wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:No.

Oh, and let's not forget Tails' ridiculous brain. And Knuckles' super strength. And Amy's Hammer. And Eggman's brain. And Rouge's adept Treasure Hunting abilities. Omega's unrivaled weaponry.

Seriously, everyone in Sonic has some unrivaled power. Don't hate Shadow. Everyone else is just as overpowered as he is.
    Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr didn't he get his a by Silver even when he won?
    Also the Witch kick his a pretty good
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 1st 2010, 2:21 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Hayzer wrote:

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr didn't he get his a by Silver even when he won?

Sorry, I'm trying to decipher what you typed there.

I think you're saying Silver beat Sonic, and that Sonic's Witch Kick is good.

If that's the case, then it's irrelevant. One overpowered character beating another overpowered character doesn't help your argument any more than saying "I like turkey" because both of the characters are overpowered.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 1st 2010, 2:30 pm

Hayzer wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrr didn't he get his a by Silver even when he won?

If that's the case, then it's irrelevant. One overpowered character beating another overpowered character doesn't help your argument any more than saying "I like turkey" because both of the characters are overpowered.
    I meant to say @ss and witch I meant Merlina forgot her name for awhile
    The only reason Sonic look overpowered is because he is the Hero and Eggman the villain also It's hard to say if Silver is overpowered or not since we only seen him in two fights sonic and shadow one where he wins and one where he loses
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 1st 2010, 2:34 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Hayzer wrote:

I meant to say @ss and witch I meant Merlina forgot her name for awhile
    The only reason Sonic look overpowered is because he is the Hero and Eggman the villain also It's hard to say if Silver is overpowered or not since we only seen him in two fights sonic and shadow one where he wins and one where he loses

Oh okay. That "Witch Chick" and "Sonic got his @$$ handed to him by Silver"

Gotcha now.

Still. Sonic is overpowered. Everyone in the Sonic conitnuity is. Everyone has their high points, but they are counteracted by others.

Shadow may have Chaos Powers, but he's mopey and thinks about his past alot (at least until ShtH).

Sonic is super speedy, but he's impatient.

Saying Shadow is overpowered is being ignorant of all the other characters in Sonic.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 1st 2010, 2:42 pm

Hayzer wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:I meant to say @ss and witch I meant Merlina forgot her name for awhile

Gotcha now.

Still. Sonic is overpowered. Everyone in the Sonic conitnuity is. Everyone has their high points, but they are counteracted by others.

Shadow may have Chaos Powers, but he's mopey and thinks about his past alot (at least until ShtH).

Saying Shadow is overpowered is being ignorant of all the other characters in Sonic.
    I think you're confusing power with their charater traits
    How is Tails or Knuckles or even Amy can be consider overpowered?
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 1st 2010, 2:51 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Hayzer wrote:

Gotcha now.

I think you're confusing power with their charater traits

And Shadow's chaos powers aren't character traits?

Tails is a genius that has an IQ that rivals Dr. Eggman, and has built machines out of nothing more than once. Knuckles is supposed to be the strongest character in the series (that's power), and can use the power of the Master Emerald (Similar to Shadow with the Chaos Emeralds). Amy's hammer. Nuff said.

Not to mention that Shadow can only use said Chaos powers in the presence of a Chaos Emerald. That's hardly overpowered compared to everyone else.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Do you like Shadow? Blackr10Do you like Shadow? Medalw11Do you like Shadow? Medalg10Do you like Shadow? White10Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 1st 2010, 3:01 pm

Hayzer wrote:Sonic's ridiculously overpowered. I guess he's a Mary-Sue too?

He runs fast and rolls in a ball, he's accomplished an awful lot by doing that, but that's not what I call overpowered.
    Most Sonic characters are powerful, but nowhere near as powerful as Shadow.

Right off the bat, he can do everything that Sonic can (despite being created decades before Sonic was even born), but the writers weren't satisfied with just a doppelganger, so they gave him a whole bunch of absurd energy powers that have nothing to do with his story or physiology.

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles all had a mutual rock-paper-scissors balance between them, each complementing each other with their own specialty. But Shadow starts with scissors and then keeps getting stronger, why would anyone bother with plain ol' scissors when you can play rock-paper-sword?

Seriously, how does one provide a challenge for a character who can freeze time and create restaurant-sized energy explosions that isn't impossible for everyone else? They can't, the villains of the story (and occasionally Sonic himself) have to be scaled up accordingly to pose even the slightest threat to Shadow while, amidst all the inflation, everyone else gets left in the dust.

Also, I love how that's the only part of my post you respond to, as if poking one hole makes the whole thing fall apart.

Last edited by Roterblitz on September 1st 2010, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 1st 2010, 3:05 pm

Hayzer wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:I think you're confusing power with their charater traits

And Shadow's chaos powers aren't character traits?

Tails is a genius that has an IQ that rivals Dr. Eggman, and has built machines out of nothing more than once. Knuckles is supposed to be the strongest character in the series (that's power), and can use the power of the Master Emerald (Similar to Shadow with the Chaos Emeralds). Amy's hammer. Nuff said.

Not to mention that Shadow can only use said Chaos powers in the presence of a Chaos Emerald. That's hardly overpowered compared to everyone else.
    but it's just like you said every character has a cliche
    Tails is the smart guy while a genius he's not very strong compare to the other animals
    Knuckles is the hardheaded big guy(besides Big) He's VERY strong but not very smart than the rest or fast as Sonic
    Like you said everyone has a "thing" but is held by back by what they're lacking

Shadow Chaos powers ARE NOT character traits THEY'RE POWERS
    He is consider to be overpowered BECAUSE
    He can tied Sonic with speed
    While may not be a genius he always seem to smarter around him
    possibly stronger than Knuckles himself
    Can WARP to almost where he needs(Sonic can do this but never has to)
    Stop time
    and maybe more that I can't think of
    Worse he has nothing to hold him back on these(and he's already held back by those rings)

Last edited by NeoMetalSonic on September 1st 2010, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    arnold_the_bartender
    arnold_the_bartender

Rep0

Post by arnold_the_bartender September 1st 2010, 3:17 pm

Shadow should've stayed dead the first time. He also would have been more appreciated that way.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Do you like Shadow? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom September 1st 2010, 6:01 pm

Shadow was supposed to be just that-- a shadowy reflection of Sonic. All of Sonic's personality traits are inverted in Shadow; whereas Sonic possesses a cheerful attitude, Shadow wallows in rage over losing his friend in a catastrophe. This provides Sonic with an interesting dilemma: facing against what may very well be his own dark form. Shadow has all of Sonic's abilities and a few others as well (Chaos Control). But personally I don't feel he was really pushed that far in the grand scheme of things. The Sonic/Shadow conflict had a lot of potential, but got mired down and turned into a sort of friendly rivalry, which is best left between Sonic and Knuckles.

In the end, yes, I think Shadow is an interesting character, but he needs a stronger approach to make him truly relevant to the series.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content