Bria
Auflodern
Shade
23 posters

Do you like Shadow?

Poll

Do you like Shadow?

[ 23 ]
    Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Bar_le1172%Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [72%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Bar_le1128%Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [28%] 

Total Votes: 32
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 VOZLn

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Blackr10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalg10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 White10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you like Shadow?

Post by Roterblitz September 1st 2010, 6:14 pm

Also, since that was apparently your only disagreement with my post, allow me to elaborate on just powerful Shadow is compared to everyone else with an unexaggerated resume.

• SA2: Shadow humiliates Sonic by appearing to be much faster than him, the act of effortlessly surpassing him at the one thing he's best at deals a serious blow to Sonic's pride.
    • SA2: Shadow's Chaos Control is powerful enough to instantly teleport him outside of Earth.
    • SA2: Shadow manipulates Dr. Eggman into re-activating the Eclipse Cannon, which would have caused his death if Shadow had not changed his mind later. That's right, he tricks the main villain of the series (at the time) into doing his dirty work.
    • Battle: Shadow is an expert in hand-to-hand combat.
    • Battle: Shadow can use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald.
    • Battle: Shadow's Chaos Control is precise enough to use in conjunction with hand-to-hand combat.
    • Battle: Shadow is explicitly stated to be faster than Sonic.
    • ShTH: Shadow is shown to be strong enough to overturn a bus with one hand, this means that Shadow has incredibly physical strength, possibly rivaling that of Knuckles.
    • ShTH: Shadow can use Chaos Control and Chaos Blast without a Chaos Emerald.
    • ShTH: Shadow is explicitly shown to be capable of defeating Sonic even with the military's greatest technology backing him up. He is also shown capable of actually killing Dr. Eggman, but that's not much of an accomplishment since SA2.
    • 2006: Shadow becomes a high ranking member of G.U.N.
    • 2006: Shadow can use Chaos Spear without a Chaos Emerald.
    • 2006: Shadow defeats Silver in hand-to-hand combat, demonstrating a significant difference in their skill. This happens even if the player was controlling Silver for the boss battle. That's right, he defeats a new character in his debut game.
    • 2006: Shadow defeats Mephiles, apparently even the new villains can't stand up to Shadow.
    • 2006: Shadow defeats Mephiles again, even while he has two Chaos Emeralds and Shadow has none.
    • 2006: It is revealed Shadow has actually been holding back this whole time, as the rings on his arms and legs suppress his power.
    • 2006: Shadow defeats an army of several hundred (possibly several thousand) Mephiles clones with a single attack after removing the rings on his arms.
    And that's pretty much where I left off, I'm not familiar with Chronicles and don't think he's been in any of the story driven games since, but I'm sure the writers will one day continue to write him with the same humility that they've shown us so far.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Imagee10

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Blackr10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 White10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 1st 2010, 9:11 pm

Don't forget the Full power Lancelot Shadow where he was pretty much the hardest boss in the game
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Blackr10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalg10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 White10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 1st 2010, 10:35 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Don't forget the Full power Lancelot Shadow where he was pretty much the hardest boss in the game
    I stopped compulsively buying everything with Sonic's name on it after 2006, so I wouldn't know. Besides, that's an alternate dimension spin-off, I wouldn't hold that against him.

In fact, the concept of an optional boss who is even more difficult than the final story boss usually turns out really cool, like Mewtwo, Akuma, or Bass.EXE, but the story would make no sense if they were protagonists.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 56qtD

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z September 2nd 2010, 9:10 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:Don't forget the Full power Lancelot Shadow where he was pretty much the hardest boss in the game
    I stopped compulsively buying everything with Sonic's name on it after 2006, so I wouldn't know. Besides, that's an alternate dimension spin-off, I wouldn't hold that against him.

In fact, the concept of an optional boss who is even more difficult than the final story boss usually turns out really cool, like Mewtwo, Akuma, or Bass.EXE, but the story would make no sense if they were protagonists.

I agree with your last sentence. I know that there were a whole lot of these in Kingdom Hearts for instance, which for the most part more difficult than the required boss fights. To name a few that stand out, there were the ice and rock titans, that thing you can fight at the clock tower in the peter pan world, that thing you can fight in the Alladin world in the sand dunes, and likely the hardest boss of all, (This is not counting those who used the internet as a walkthrough to defeat him) Sephiroth.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 3qll2

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 White10

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 2nd 2010, 11:05 am

[*]SA2: Shadow humiliates Sonic by appearing to be much faster than him, the act of effortlessly surpassing him at the one thing he's best at deals a serious blow to Sonic's pride.

That was the point. The point was to show how much Shadow would give Sonic a run for his money. I'd say SEGA succeeded in that regard.

[*]SA2: Shadow's Chaos Control is powerful enough to instantly teleport him outside of Earth.

It's a teleporting mechanism. What else did you expect?

[*]SA2: Shadow manipulates Dr. Eggman into re-activating the Eclipse Cannon, which would have caused his death if Shadow had not changed his mind later. That's right, he tricks the main villain of the series (at the time) into doing his dirty work.

Keep in mind that Eggman wanted to activate the Eclipse Cannon. It was only near the end when Shadow stole the thunder.

[*]Battle: Shadow is an expert in hand-to-hand combat.

Mmhmm. So's Sonic, and Tails, and Amy, and Knuckles, and anyone else in Sonic Battle.

[*]Battle: Shadow can use Chaos Control without a Chaos Emerald.

You'll have to remind me of when this was. I can't recall it.

[*]Battle: Shadow's Chaos Control is precise enough to use in conjunction with hand-to-hand combat.

Well, I mean, if I was a master of Chaos Control, an ability that manipulates space and time itself, I would obviously use that to any advantage I could take it, even incorporating it into my fighting style. But even then, Shadow's using Chaos powers (from his connection to the Chaos Force) but not necessarily Chaos Control.

[*]Battle: Shadow is explicitly stated to be faster than Sonic.

Because of his Jet shoes. Shadow on foot is about as fast as Amy.

[*]ShTH: Shadow is shown to be strong enough to overturn a bus with one hand, this means that Shadow has incredibly physical strength, possibly rivaling that of Knuckles.

Now you know as well as I do, that that was a gameplay gimmick. But let's assume you were right. Big flippin' deal. He has a link to the Chaos Force, just like Knuckles.

[*]ShTH: Shadow can use Chaos Control and Chaos Blast without a Chaos Emerald.

Nope. Keep in mind that you can't do that until you collect the first Chaos Emerald in the game. Remember? The Green one.

[*]ShTH: Shadow is explicitly shown to be capable of defeating Sonic even with the military's greatest technology backing him up. He is also shown capable of actually killing Dr. Eggman, but that's not much of an accomplishment since SA2.

So? It was a Boss. Shadow also had 6 of the Seven Chaos Emeralds with him. What did Sonic and Diablon have? 1?

Plus, that was in an alternate Universe.

[*]2006: Shadow becomes a high ranking member of G.U.N.

...Yeah. And? So's Rouge.

[*]2006: Shadow can use Chaos Spear without a Chaos Emerald.

He used Chaos Spear without a Chaos Emerald in SA2 as well. Sonic uses his Speed without a Chaos Emerald. I mean, he must be overpowered too.

[*]2006: Shadow defeats Silver in hand-to-hand combat, demonstrating a significant difference in their skill. This happens even if the player was controlling Silver for the boss battle. That's right, he defeats a new character in his debut game.

So? Silver's a naive punk from the future. Shadow's a chaos power wielder a part of the world's most powerful Military Organization. I'd say Shadow trumps Silver.

[*]2006: Shadow defeats Mephiles, apparently even the new villains can't stand up to Shadow.

Yeah, I mean, even though the goal of the heroes is to always beat the villain.

[*]2006: Shadow defeats Mephiles again, even while he has two Chaos Emeralds and Shadow has none.

Wasn't Omega involved in that fight as well? And didn't Omega bring him a Chaos Emerald?

[*]2006: It is revealed Shadow has actually been holding back this whole time, as the rings on his arms and legs suppress his power.

Yeah, sort of like a "last resort" type of scenario. I can guarantee you he doesn't do it in every fight. And who knows how much it tuckers him out afterwards.

[*]2006: Shadow defeats an army of several hundred (possibly several thousand) Mephiles clones with a single attack after removing the rings on his arms.

Along with Rouge and Omega. But I'm a little fuzzy on 06's Shadow story. I don't have the game, and I only played through Shadow's story once on a firend's game.

[/list]And that's pretty much where I left off, I'm not familiar with Chronicles and don't think he's been in any of the story driven games since, but I'm sure the writers will one day continue to write him with the same humility that they've shown us so far.

In Chronicles he just uses his Chaos powers.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Blackr10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 White10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 2nd 2010, 12:40 pm

[*]SA2: Shadow humiliates Sonic by appearing to be much faster than him, the act of effortlessly surpassing him at the one thing he's best at deals a serious blow to Sonic's pride.

That was the point. The point was to show how much Shadow would give Sonic a run for his money. I'd say SEGA succeeded in that regard.

[*]SA2: Shadow's Chaos Control is powerful enough to instantly teleport him outside of Earth.

A limit?
    Having warping power doesn't mean you can go anywhere in the world

[*]SA2: Shadow manipulates Dr. Eggman into re-activating the Eclipse Cannon, which would have caused his death if Shadow had not changed his mind later. That's right, he tricks the main villain of the series (at the time) into doing his dirty work.

Keep in mind that Eggman wanted to activate the Eclipse Cannon. It was only near the end when Shadow stole the thunder.

Even though Eggman's plan was vague if he wanted to achieve his plan he can't blow up the earth otherwise he'll be stuck at the Ark

Mmhmm. So's Sonic, and Tails, and Amy, and Knuckles, and anyone else in Sonic Battle.

Simple punch=/=Expert

GO play the game or better go to a spriter's resource to see his sprites

[*]Battle: Shadow's Chaos Control is precise enough to use in conjunction with hand-to-hand combat.

Well, I mean, if I was a master of Chaos Control, an ability that manipulates space and time itself, I would obviously use that to any advantage I could take it, even incorporating it into my fighting style. But even then, Shadow's using Chaos powers (from his connection to the Chaos Force) but not necessarily Chaos Control.

So SEGA just keep him superpower shoes to go faster than their own mascot?
    Thats alot of bull they should have made him slightly slower to balance the game

[*]ShTH: Shadow is shown to be strong enough to overturn a bus with one hand, this means that Shadow has incredibly physical strength, possibly rivaling that of Knuckles.

Now you know as well as I do, that that was a gameplay gimmick. But let's assume you were right. Big flippin' deal. He has a link to the Chaos Force, just like Knuckles.

WHEN did Knuckles EVER has powers to the Chaos besides archie which is not canon in the games

Nope. Keep in mind that you can't do that until you collect the first Chaos Emerald in the game. Remember? The Green one.

Actually if you do enough damage you can have full bar before the Chaos Emerald

[*]ShTH: Shadow is explicitly shown to be capable of defeating Sonic even with the military's greatest technology backing him up. He is also shown capable of actually killing Dr. Eggman, but that's not much of an accomplishment since SA2.

So? It was a Boss. Shadow also had 6 of the Seven Chaos Emeralds with him. What did Sonic and Diablon have? 1?

It wasn't the canon ending but they still gave Shadow the power to do that

But she been there longer and had to work there
    Then Shadow just join and he's super secret agent spy

He used Chaos Spear without a Chaos Emerald in SA2 as well. Sonic uses his Speed without a Chaos Emerald. I mean, he must be overpowered too.

Sonic Speed powers are natural why would you say he's overpower?

[*]2006: Shadow defeats Silver in hand-to-hand combat, demonstrating a significant difference in their skill. This happens even if the player was controlling Silver for the boss battle. That's right, he defeats a new character in his debut game.

So? Silver's a naive punk from the future. Shadow's a chaos power wielder a part of the world's most powerful Military Organization. I'd say Shadow trumps Silver.

Despite that Sonic defeated Shadow in Batte and SA2?
    Then a punk from no where beats him but gets his butt kick by Shadow

[*]2006: Shadow defeats Mephiles again, even while he has two Chaos Emeralds and Shadow has none.

Wasn't Omega involved in that fight as well? And didn't Omega bring him a Chaos Emerald?

Notice that Omega or Rogue didn't actually do anything in the fight

Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 3rd 2010, 12:11 am

Oh jeez, one of these again... how about I just keep the quotes to a limit and make all of my words red?
    Hayzer wrote:
    Fair enough, or at least it would have been if that was where they stopped.
    A limit? Most teleporters can either travel quickly and accurately, but only as far as they can see, or great distances but at a very slow rate and with just enough accuracy to end up in the right city, Shadow can do both. The combination of teleporting that far and that precise should logically make Shadow completely untouchable and inescapable if he wanted.
    Dr. Eggman wanted to activate the Eclipse Cannon because Shadow tricked him into thinking he could profit from it, but in reality it was a trap that would have killed Eggman along with everyone else on the Ark when it crashed into Earth. I repeat, Shadow fooled Dr. Eggman, and this was back when he was still competent.
    They all just improvised attacks with their powers or weapons, Shadow was clearly using martial arts, demonstrating greater hand-to-hand skill than even Knuckles.
    It wasn't green in that game, but he used it with nearly all of his attacks.
    Shadow is a master, that is exactly my point.
    Remember, you're trying to convince me that Shadow is not too powerful, not explain why he is.
    Shadow wears them all the time, therefor Shadow is faster than Sonic all the time, rock-paper-sword.
    And I still don't believe they've ever said that they affect his speed at all, let alone that much.

Knuckles' "link to the Chaos Force" has never done anything more practical than slightly delay the falling of the Ark, Shadow's link grants him seemingly limitless control over time and space, a power usually reserved for gods.

Knuckles' strength however, seems to be all natural, that's just what his powerful body grants him in exchange for limited speed and (as of late) intelligence, Shadow just ignores these limitations like everything else.

You can fill the Dark meter before you reach the Chaos Emerald, this is keeping consistent with his Emerald-free use of Chaos Control in Sonic Battle.

It was not an alternate universe, it was the same one that canon occurs in with the same characters, only that is what explicitly would have happened if Shadow decided to oppose Sonic.
    Rouge was already a member of G.U.N. before the events of SA2, Shadow was able to surpass her in rank within 1 year of ShTH, possibly sooner if he didn't join immediately after the game's conclusion.
    Shadow can use speed greater than Sonic's, Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, martial arts, super strength, and manipulate the very fabric of time and space without a Chaos Emerald. There's a bit of gap between them.
    I agree, Shadow is more powerful than Silver, the prosecution rests. Again, thank you for explaining why Shadow is more powerful, but that's not what you're supposed to be trying to prove here.

Although, if I may further emphasize; when a new character makes his debut, he tends to be exceptionally competent, often much moreso than his later appearances. The earliest example would be when Knuckles humiliated Sonic in STH 3. In STH '06, Silver was benefiting from this "debut power" as well, as defeating the main character is usually no easy task.

But even with his "debut power", Shadow was able to humiliate him. This is because Shadow wields a power far greater; when the writers blatantly favor a single character that much more than all the others, he can then, without any hesitation, safely be called a mary sue. Shadow the Hedgehog is a mary sue.

[*]2006: Shadow defeats Mephiles, apparently even the new villains can't stand up to Shadow.
    It usually takes Sonic and all of his friends until the end of the game to defeat a new villain, Shadow defeats him by himself in his first encounter.
    The Emerald that Omega brought was stolen by Mephiles and used against Shadow.
    [*]2006: It is revealed Shadow has actually been holding back this whole time, as the rings on his arms and legs suppress his power.
    Yeah, sort of like a "last resort" type of scenario. I can guarantee you he doesn't do it in every fight. And who knows how much it tuckers him out afterwards.
    Shadow was able to participate in the events of Last Story without showing any indication of being weakened.
    [*]2006: Shadow defeats an army of several hundred (possibly several thousand) Mephiles clones with a single attack after removing the rings on his arms.
    Along with Rouge and Omega. But I'm a little fuzzy on 06's Shadow story. I don't have the game, and I only played through Shadow's story once on a firend's game.
    Shadow created some kind of "flame" of Chaos Energy that he covered himself with, he then used it like a giant "drill" to plow through the army, destroying each of them instantly upon contact.

And Shadow was actually protecting Rouge and Omega within the "flame".

[/list]And that's pretty much where I left off, I'm not familiar with Chronicles and don't think he's been in any of the story driven games since, but I'm sure the writers will one day continue to write him with the same humility that they've shown us so far.
    In Chronicles he just uses his Chaos powers.
    That's nice.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 3rd 2010, 9:15 am

I like Shadow. No real reason for it, he just seemed cooler then the other charaters in SA2.
    Duck King
    Duck King

Rep1

Post by Duck King September 4th 2010, 2:39 am

Not that much...he seems a bit overrated to me.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 4th 2010, 1:46 pm

I've always liked Shadow. A character really has to annoy me for me to dislike them (Cream).
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z September 5th 2010, 7:25 am

Most of your points are good, but there's two I'd like to discuss.

It usually takes Sonic and all of his friends until the end of the game to defeat a new villain, Shadow defeats him by himself in his first encounter.
    Shadow created some kind of "flame" of Chaos Energy that he covered himself with, he then used it like a giant "drill" to plow through the army, destroying each of them instantly upon contact.

And Shadow was actually protecting Rouge and Omega within the "flame".

Shadow didn't really defeat Mephiles. If I recall, Mephiles snuck or teleported away with the chaos emerald while Shadow was fighting, then from some unknown location, teleported behind Sonic, where he "killed" him.

And on the bottom point, there's nothing to prove that Rouge and Gamma running behind him wasn't helping to power that "flame" thing.
    Shade
    Shade

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade September 5th 2010, 9:03 am

Duck King wrote:Not that much...he seems a bit overrated to me.

Actually, I think Shadow's kind of an underrated guy. Usually more people focus on Sonic, but what drew me to Shadow was his dark and mysterious character. He is one of the deepest characters in the Sonic Franchise, and one of my all-time favourites.
    Duck King
    Duck King

Rep1

Post by Duck King September 5th 2010, 11:55 am

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Duck King wrote:Not that much...he seems a bit overrated to me.

Actually, I think Shadow's kind of an underrated guy. Usually more people focus on Sonic, but what drew me to Shadow was his dark and mysterious character. He is one of the deepest characters in the Sonic Franchise, and one of my all-time favourites.
    Underrated? I've always thought he was a little overrated to me.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 5th 2010, 12:21 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:
    And on the bottom point, there's nothing to prove that Rouge and Gamma running behind him wasn't helping to power that "flame" thing.
    It was Omega dude
    Shade
    Shade

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalw11Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Zigzag10Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade September 5th 2010, 12:52 pm

Duck King wrote:
    Sweet Silence wrote:

Underrated? I've always thought he was a little overrated to me.

Well, he's not as famous as Sonic, for instance. And he seems like a really developed and interesting character.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy September 5th 2010, 1:25 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:

Shadow didn't really defeat Mephiles. If I recall, Mephiles snuck or teleported away with the chaos emerald while Shadow was fighting, then from some unknown location, teleported behind Sonic, where he "killed" him.

Defeat doesn't necessarily mean kill xD
    Mephiles teleported away because he knew he couldn't fight shadow any longer, as shadow was more powerful :mrgreen:
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 5th 2010, 6:20 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:Shadow didn't really defeat Mephiles. If I recall, Mephiles snuck or teleported away with the chaos emerald while Shadow was fighting, then from some unknown location, teleported behind Sonic, where he "killed" him.

To Mephiles' credit, he was smart enough to retreat while Shadow was distracted and come back more powerful, but his original intention was to recruit Shadow or kill him, but Shadow was just too powerful.

Alright, I guess it could be like that Speed formation move in Sonic Heroes where the Fly and Power teammates give the leader a push while he does a spin-dash. But even then, it's still 90% Shadow, he made the "flame" and he's the one who's hitting everyone with it. If that push really counts, I suppose the Red Ranger's sword on top somehow contributes to the combined blaster.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yNayfGSFPpo/SOMUC3i5G1I/AAAAAAAAB7E/ANkmd4g1zrM/s1600-h/powerblaster.jpg
    Sweet Silence wrote:Actually, I think Shadow's kind of an underrated guy. Usually more people focus on Sonic, but what drew me to Shadow was his dark and mysterious character. He is one of the deepest characters in the Sonic Franchise, and one of my all-time favourites.
    He's been a bigger focus than the main character of the series in nearly every game he's been in, how much more attention does he need? Now I'm not saying you're wrong for liking him, that's just a matter of opinion, but he is anything but underrated.
    MilesElmerPrower
    MilesElmerPrower

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by MilesElmerPrower September 5th 2010, 9:04 pm

Answer- I dont like Shadow
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade September 6th 2010, 11:02 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:Shadow didn't really defeat Mephiles. If I recall, Mephiles snuck or teleported away with the chaos emerald while Shadow was fighting, then from some unknown location, teleported behind Sonic, where he "killed" him.

To Mephiles' credit, he was smart enough to retreat while Shadow was distracted and come back more powerful, but his original intention was to recruit Shadow or kill him, but Shadow was just too powerful.

Alright, I guess it could be like that Speed formation move in Sonic Heroes where the Fly and Power teammates give the leader a push while he does a spin-dash. But even then, it's still 90% Shadow, he made the "flame" and he's the one who's hitting everyone with it. If that push really counts, I suppose the Red Ranger's sword on top somehow contributes to the combined blaster.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yNayfGSFPpo/SOMUC3i5G1I/AAAAAAAAB7E/ANkmd4g1zrM/s1600-h/powerblaster.jpg
    Sweet Silence wrote:Actually, I think Shadow's kind of an underrated guy. Usually more people focus on Sonic, but what drew me to Shadow was his dark and mysterious character. He is one of the deepest characters in the Sonic Franchise, and one of my all-time favourites.
    He's been a bigger focus than the main character of the series in nearly every game he's been in, how much more attention does he need? Now I'm not saying you're wrong for liking him, that's just a matter of opinion, but he is anything but underrated.

Maybe, but he just seems like an appealing character a lot of the time. I can actually relate to him, because I share a lot of his personality traits (the dark and mysterious character, and the reserved nature).
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 6th 2010, 2:42 pm

Like I said, if you like him, I'm not saying you're wrong. You are wrong, I'm just not saying it.
    I'm just supporting the reasons why I don't.
    merzitar
    merzitar

Rep0

Post by merzitar October 5th 2010, 6:37 pm

He's ok. Well, I only really liked him in Sonic Adventure 2. I wish he would have died though (Well. . . I assume he didn't die, seeing as he's in a load of other games) becuase it would have made the SA2 ending so much better, and it would be a nice, but sad end to Shadow. I think he's a bit annoying now that he's everywhere.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 5th 2010, 7:33 pm

Roterblitz wrote:Like I said, if you like him, I'm not saying you're wrong. You are wrong, I'm just not saying it.
    I'm just supporting the reasons why I don't.

Just curious; Would you have liked him or at least tolerated him if everything regarding Shadow after Sonic Adventure 2 didn't happen?

Edit: Sneaky sneaky...
    Novastar

Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Blackr10

: Female
     Rep3

Post by Novastar October 6th 2010, 12:31 am

I love how no matter how many times topic likes these are made people go though the effort to type the same long speeches over and over again
    :faic:
    Ahem
    Rather like Shadow as a character, comics, games and all around
    Hes dark and mysterious and had his share good and bad runs in the Sonic universe
    Tied with Sonic and Silver and Knuckles for my All-time favorite

I'm a indecisive Nova ;;'
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz October 7th 2010, 2:19 am

Super Racer Z wrote:Just curious; Would you have liked him or at least tolerated him if everything regarding Shadow after Sonic Adventure 2 didn't happen?
    Well, that's a pretty big "if", narrowing his whole existence down to just one game; but yes, it would help. After SA2, his "mysterious" backstory became completely pointless, but he still maintained the same kind of spotlight as if it was still his debut.
    Super Racer Z wrote:Edit: Sneaky sneaky...
    Do you like Shadow? - Page 2 Spongebobhappy
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 7th 2010, 11:02 am

Well, that's a pretty big "if", narrowing his whole existence down to just one game; but yes, it would help. After SA2, his "mysterious" backstory became completely pointless, but he still maintained the same kind of spotlight as if it was still his debut.

That's because his mysterious aura is still there. Also, I'm sure he will play a bigger and better part in future Sonic games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content