+6
The Freedom Fighter
Chaos_Overlord
Roterblitz
Hayzer
Shade
SonicFanPS2
10 posters

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?

SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? VOZLn

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13

: Male
     Rep12

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Empty Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 19th 2010, 7:24 pm

If you think about it, Red and Blue(Green) were remade in the third generation of Pokemon, and then it was Gold and Silver to be remade in the fourth generation. Do you believe that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire in the fifth generation of Pokemon? Do you think they should?

Edit: Also, if you don't think they should, would you think that it'd be more fun to have it as an attachment after you beat the main adventure?

Last edited by SonicFanPS2 on July 20th 2010, 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Zigzag10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13

Rep2

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Empty Re: Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?

Post by Shade July 19th 2010, 7:46 pm

I hope they remake Pokemon Ruby in the fifth generation of Pokemon. Pokemon Ruby is in the land where you can get Growlithe, which evolves into Arcanine (I think its that place at least).
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? 3qll2

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? White10

Rep0

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Empty Re: Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?

Post by Hayzer July 19th 2010, 8:02 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:I hope they remake Pokemon Ruby in the fifth generation of Pokemon. Pokemon Ruby is in the land where you can get Growlithe, which evolves into Arcanine (I think its that place at least).

Growlithe and Arcanine are Generation 1 Pokemon. You can get them in the first games (I believe).

As for whether or not they'll remake them? Probably. With the number of remakes Nintendo's doing right now (VC, Ocarina of Time 3DS, Super Mario 64 DS, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, heck. They even remade New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii.), I doubt they won't.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Blackr10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalg10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? White10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 19th 2010, 11:47 pm

I doubt it, the original Gameboy Pokemon games are classic that were just limited by technology, making a jump as small as GBA to DS for a remake would be rather pointless.
    Sweet Silence wrote:Pokemon Ruby is in the land where you can get Growlithe, which evolves into Arcanine (I think its that place at least).
    Growlithe is from the original generation, you can catch them in every game.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 20th 2010, 12:08 pm

Well, then here's another question? Do you think that they should add it to the 5th Generation game, and boost the count of badges to 16?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Blackr10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalg10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? White10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz July 20th 2010, 4:50 pm

Still no, the 3rd Generation is still advanced enough to play as it is and doesn't have nearly as much nostalgia attached to it as the original Gameboy classics.

And 8 badges is already plenty for the main storyline, Gold and Silver only had an extra 8 as part of the endgame.
    Shade
    Shade

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Zigzag10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 20th 2010, 5:17 pm

Roterblitz wrote:I doubt it, the original Gameboy Pokemon games are classic that were just limited by technology, making a jump as small as GBA to DS for a remake would be rather pointless.
    Sweet Silence wrote:Pokemon Ruby is in the land where you can get Growlithe, which evolves into Arcanine (I think its that place at least).
    Growlithe is from the original generation, you can catch them in every game.

You can catch them in every game? That's a relief. They're quite good pokemon (especially when they evolve into Arcanine, unless you speed up the process by using a Fire Stone (I think that's what it's called)), and I like them a lot, and I'm really happy if I have Arcanine on my team.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 20th 2010, 9:01 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:I doubt it, the original Gameboy Pokemon games are classic that were just limited by technology, making a jump as small as GBA to DS for a remake would be rather pointless.Growlithe is from the original generation, you can catch them in every game.

You can catch them in every game? That's a relief. They're quite good pokemon (especially when they evolve into Arcanine, unless you speed up the process by using a Fire Stone (I think that's what it's called)), and I like them a lot, and I'm really happy if I have Arcanine on my team.

They've had Growlithe since the beginning, Aed. However, I think he's game-specific, as in he's in a certain game. For example, he's only in FireRed, but not LeafGreen.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord July 20th 2010, 9:03 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:I doubt it, the original Gameboy Pokemon games are classic that were just limited by technology, making a jump as small as GBA to DS for a remake would be rather pointless.Growlithe is from the original generation, you can catch them in every game.

Im pretty such the 3rd gen pokedex, at least before teh national pokedex, doesn't have Growlithe.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 21st 2010, 11:48 am

Roterblitz wrote:Still no, the 3rd Generation is still advanced enough to play as it is and doesn't have nearly as much nostalgia attached to it as the original Gameboy classics.

And 8 badges is already plenty for the main storyline, Gold and Silver only had an extra 8 as part of the endgame.

Really? I feel that the extra 8 badges gave the game a bit more of a purpose after beating the Elite Four.....You could maybe even vs. the champion of Hoenn afterwards?

It's a kind of weird addition, though....In the 2nd Generation, Gym Leaders in Kanto had Pokemon that were Level 50+! That's even higher than the Elite Four Pokemon! If you start out in Kanto, doesn't that defeat the purpose of going to the Elite Four? Of course, this is just a minor nitpick, seeing as you play the Kanto region AFTER beating the Elite Four.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? ZtZYh

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Blackr10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Zigzag10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? White10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 21st 2010, 3:44 pm

Good luck trying to get a Firestone though.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 21st 2010, 4:09 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Good luck trying to get a Firestone though.

They aren't that difficult to get, are they?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? ZtZYh

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Blackr10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medalw11Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Zigzag10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? White10Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Medal13Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 21st 2010, 4:20 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Good luck trying to get a Firestone though.

Pretty sure they weren't in Ruby and Sapphire.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 July 21st 2010, 4:38 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:

Pretty sure they weren't in Ruby and Sapphire.

I thought they did...there are some locations: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Evolutionary_stone for Ruby, Emerald, and Sapphire.

darkchaos2009
    darkchaos2009

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Kz2PK

Rep9

Post by darkchaos2009 September 20th 2010, 11:59 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:If you think about it, Red and Blue(Green) were remade in the third generation of Pokemon, and then it was Gold and Silver to be remade in the fourth generation. Do you believe that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire in the fifth generation of Pokemon? Do you think they should?

Edit: Also, if you don't think they should, would you think that it'd be more fun to have it as an attachment after you beat the main adventure?

well if gamefreak did it (remade) with red,blue and green and gold and silver they might make a remake of ruby and sapphire in about 2 years i think.....but.....wasn't emerald that anyways????? (same as those two but with added stuff)
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by fantanoice January 5th 2011, 4:56 pm

More than likely. Nintendo aren't afraid of milking a few million dollars from the people willing to buy them again.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 9th 2011, 5:47 pm

Growlithe: not catchable in Ruby/Sapphire, however he can be traded to the games from another game

Stones: Firestones, Thunderstones, etc. are available in Ruby/Sapphire by the house on the water near Lilycove (I believe anyway), however, you can't buy them. You need to exchange certain items to get them (I forget what they are, but it's a lot harder than buying them).

We'll see Ruby and Sapphire remakes shortly. Personally, I'd prefer they remake the original red and blue versions once again (they are originals and my favorites), though I see this unlikely.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord January 9th 2011, 11:21 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Growlithe: not catchable in Ruby/Sapphire, however he can be traded to the games from another game

Stones: Firestones, Thunderstones, etc. are available in Ruby/Sapphire by the house on the water near Lilycove (I believe anyway), however, you can't buy them. You need to exchange certain items to get them (I forget what they are, but it's a lot harder than buying them).

We'll see Ruby and Sapphire remakes shortly. Personally, I'd prefer they remake the original red and blue versions once again (they are originals and my favorites), though I see this unlikely.
    I think you need the coloured shards to get the stones.
    A remake would be cool, but in my opinion, it doesn't need to be remade.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 11th 2011, 8:25 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Growlithe: not catchable in Ruby/Sapphire, however he can be traded to the games from another game

I think you need the coloured shards to get the stones.
    A remake would be cool, but in my opinion, it doesn't need to be remade.

Yeah, it was the color5ed shards, you are correct.

I agree. A Ruby/Sapphire remake would be interesting, but it's not highly prized on my list. It was my least favorite generation and I'm sure many will agree with me on this. Nonetheless, although it was the worst IMO, it had some of the greatest upsides.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Imagee10

Rep20

Post by Nuva January 12th 2011, 9:26 pm

Personally, I think I'm getting tired of Pokemon. Gold/Silver was my favorite one of them all, and when they remade them I was all ASFASFASASDGSDAG. Yet, when I bought it, I played through it, and kinda got bored and quit while in Kanto. I didn't even finish it, which kinda made me sad. Too much of the same thing, I think. Now, if there was some way they could add a twist, such as, oh, I dunno, letting you join !Team Rocket! or something, I would probably get into it again.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 January 16th 2011, 4:07 pm

nuva500 wrote:Personally, I think I'm getting tired of Pokemon. Gold/Silver was my favorite one of them all, and when they remade them I was all ASFASFASASDGSDAG. Yet, when I bought it, I played through it, and kinda got bored and quit while in Kanto. I didn't even finish it, which kinda made me sad. Too much of the same thing, I think. Now, if there was some way they could add a twist, such as, oh, I dunno, letting you join !Team Rocket! or something, I would probably get into it again.

For the record, you did get to wear a Team Rocket suit in the game.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Do you think that they'll remake Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Imagee10

Rep20

Post by Nuva January 16th 2011, 6:06 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:For the record, you did get to wear a Team Rocket suit in the game.
    Which was absolutely amazing. Then they made you take it off T_T

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content