The ancient lands.

4 posters

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment

Auflodern
    Auflodern

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment VOZLn

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medalw11Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Zigzag10Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment White10Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medal13

: Male
     Rep26

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Empty Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment

Post by Auflodern October 18th 2010, 4:55 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104475-Parents-Television-Council-Calls-Game-Industry-Thugs-and-Bullies

These people are retarded
    Shade
    Shade

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medalw11Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Zigzag10Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medal13

Rep2

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Empty Re: Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment

Post by Shade October 18th 2010, 5:04 pm

Oh no, please don't tell me it's more political spin directed against video games and their producers now. Senator Yee and the PTC, going head on against video games.

What's the first Amendment, anyway?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medalw11Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Zigzag10Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment White10Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medal13

Rep26

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Empty Re: Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment

Post by Auflodern October 18th 2010, 7:02 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:Oh no, please don't tell me it's more political spin directed against video games and their producers now. Senator Yee and the PTC, going head on against video games.

What's the first Amendment, anyway?

Apparently it seemingly doesn't apply to Interactive Media. So if this thing passes the government can control whatever people can interact with. Ex) News, Game Shows, American Idol
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment 56qtD

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medalw11Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 19th 2010, 4:08 pm

Now this is just stupid. This so called "industry" who is petitioning against you and sending old controllers with "I support the first amendment" on them is likely entirely from the gamers you are trying to forcibly regulate. They aren't being paid off, and many of them aren't working in the video game business in any way. They're just people trying to get politicians like this from using video games as their "media is bad!" scapegoat.
    Mario94
    Mario94

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 October 19th 2010, 11:35 pm

And why are video games the main scapegoat? Aren't TV shows and movies just as bad? Why aren't they regulating those as much? They might try to say "We have ratings to warn viewers/buyers," but so are video games! And yet, this farce goes on! I am a conservative, but I know where to draw the line. This is simply outrageous. Maybe the Parents Television Council should tune in to a little program I like to call "Sense." Sense to see the rating on the game, decide not to get it for your child and, if your catch your child buying and/or playing an inappropriate game, punish them! Don't blame the people who make the games!
    Shade
    Shade

Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medalw11Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Zigzag10Parents TV calling Gamers Bullies for exercising the first amendment Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 20th 2010, 4:41 pm

Mario94 wrote:And why are video games the main scapegoat? Aren't TV shows and movies just as bad? Why aren't they regulating those as much? They might try to say "We have ratings to warn viewers/buyers," but so are video games! And yet, this farce goes on! I am a conservative, but I know where to draw the line. This is simply outrageous. Maybe the Parents Television Council should tune in to a little program I like to call "Sense." Sense to see the rating on the game, decide not to get it for your child and, if your catch your child buying and/or playing an inappropriate game, punish them! Don't blame the people who make the games!

Exactly. The video game manufacturers are just trying to make a living, like all people are. Their aim is to make a profit. The consumers are responsible for their purchases, at the end of the day.

Also, Video game manufacturers reduce unemployment. They provide employment to people in all departments, reducing unemployment figures, they pay taxes to the government, which goes to fund public services. Also, reducing unemployment figures often reduces crime (another bonus).

Not that I would expect Senator Yee or the PTC to know any of this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content