: Female
     Rep34

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Empty Re: Sonic Generations

Post by Moran August 5th 2011, 9:33 pm

@Jmh: Nope.avi
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic Generations - Page 8 ZtZYh

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Blackr10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalw11Sonic Generations - Page 8 Zigzag10Sonic Generations - Page 8 White10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medal13Sonic Generations - Page 8 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 6th 2011, 1:15 am

The Sonic Cycle only applies for like one game, so...
    Erazor wrote:Well, if the list of stages fished out from the demo is accurate, the game already has 18 full-length stages, though Collision Chaos would be sweet. Also, I feel like Seaside Hill was a poor choice for Heroes. They should have gone with one of the more creative stages like Grand Metropolis or Rail Canyon.
    Well, it's better they didn't go with Grand Metropolis at least. I for one wanted it as well. However, they've got four city levels already, so Rail Canyon would be better (although still no thanks for me).

Last edited by The Freedom Fighter on August 6th 2011, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mephiles550
    Mephiles550

Sonic Generations - Page 8 WFmvl

Rep6

Post by Mephiles550 August 6th 2011, 2:58 am

To people who hate the level list because their classed as city levels please be open minded about it. No level is similar at ALL except in classification.
    :Crisis city-You have a ruined city with towns of tall buildings in flames with lava all over the floor. Definitely worthy to be the lava level of the game.

:Speed highway-You ride on helicopters, Run at fast speeds, Have all this stuff to look at. AT NIGHT. Hedgehog engine at night with a day time stage think about it.

:Rooftop run-You run ontop of an entire european style town from the top to bottom. The top of a small house roof to the top of a clock tower that shadows the entire city.

All of these levels except seaside hill are fan favorite levels. You should have seen this coming. Only so much one can insert into a DVD/CD. So why not put the one level from each game that people like the most? To celebrate 20 years of Sonic. 20 years. Not just stoping after the classics or up to adventure 2. Just because these levels are classified as city levels doesn't mean that You can't have as much as you would have with other levels.

Also If your complaining about no sonic 3 level then stop. You already have one. It's called sky sanctuary. Sonic the hedgehog 3 & sonic & Knuckles ARE BOTH sonic 3. How come in sonic the hedgehog 3 their were parts of levels that you couldn't get to in the game? Because those were meant for knuckles. Why wasn't he in the game? Deadline. Why was sonic & knuckles made? To complete the same game. It's like wanting a sonic 4 level remade but instead your getting a level from the 2nd episode. Sonic 3 & knuckles were all meant to be released on one cartridge to buy.

So ya only level I don't like is seaside hill.
    hamedthehedgehog

Sonic Generations - Page 8 3qll2

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Rainbo10

Rep7

Post by hamedthehedgehog August 6th 2011, 6:57 am

karkooshy wrote:Yes! Shadow is a boss xD
    Also I thought Sega delisted Sonic 06 from the franchise??? Why are there levels from there? o_O
    All chaos emeralds as an item isn't a very good idea though (in my opinion xP). I would rather be able to use Super Sonic whenever I want once I've collected all 7 emeralds.
    The level selection could also be better >.<

Green and seaside hill along with planet wisp are all the classical grassy zones you usually find in the beginning of the games.
    Speed highway, city escape and rooftop run are all city levels.
    That's 6 levels- exactly half of the game. Other environments would be cool too xP...

Like: Lava Reef, Ice Cap, Labyrinth, Dragon Road (unleashed), Grand Metropolis (sonic heroes)... etc.

I Know haven't fought Shadow a NORMAL fight sonic chronicles was just a RPG game Sonic And the black knight was just storygame so i am looking foward

Flame-Eliwood
    Flame-Eliwood

Sonic Generations - Page 8 WFmvl

Rep8

Post by Flame-Eliwood August 6th 2011, 7:40 am

Those are official you guys.
    Link451
    Link451

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 6th 2011, 3:25 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Then don't boost to win. When I saw SUSD, I knew that the best way to enjoy it for me would be to cut out on boosting, and I was happier for it. And if you didn't notice in Colors, it is becoming exploration again.

It's not like that...the QTEs were sometimes, but that was hardly a huge dilemma.

Well, it's either that or constantly changing it up. You definitely want consistency over random gameplay changes at every turn.

I've played Colors a little, and I found it to be very reminiscent of how Unleashed was like. Sure, it had a bit more exploration, but it still resembled Unleashed's 2.5 level design based on speed.

I don't know what you mean by QTE and SUSD.

And changing it up is exactly what I see Sonic Team doing. I haven't seen consistency in their games, but I think that's what they want to do in order to reach a lot of fans.

Anyway, this is just me speaking. You can like it. It's your glory days of Sonic. Mine have passed. I'm just here for nostalgic purposes and trying to promote the once glory Sonic of my own era.

SUSD was kind of crummy, but I really didn't see any problems with SUHD. And SUHD was more of what Colors was based off. Really, I look forward more to the modern Sonic than classic Sonic stages of Generations from what I've seen. I als don't think it looks too straightforward at all.

As for the stages for the game, I don't have any complaints. I think they all look pretty good.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Sonic Generations - Page 8 GOMM8

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 6th 2011, 6:09 pm

Flame-Eliwood wrote:Those are official you guys.

Providing proof would be nice.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 6th 2011, 6:12 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:The Sonic Cycle only applies for like one game, so...

A cycle can't apply to only one game.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Imagee10

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalw11Sonic Generations - Page 8 White10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medal13

Rep67

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Empty *NEW* Chemical Plant Footage!

Post by Jmh August 6th 2011, 6:44 pm

http://www.gameswelt.tv/21936/sonic-generations/gameplay-montage.html
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 6th 2011, 7:14 pm

The first half was impressive. The second half, not so much.

First thing that I noticed was the enemy models for Grabber, and Spiny looked out of proportion and, as oxymoronic as this may come across, too cartoony and abstract. At least in the original they had a rigid, metallic look and feel to them. Now they look like inflatable party props.

Second was that the level design seemed very awkward. I understand that there needs to be challenges and obstacles throughout the stage, and they did that rather well for the first portion of the classic footage, but later on they seemed to put things there intentionally to slow the flow of the game, where you would need to go out of your way to accomplish simple tasks like jumping across a series of platforms that have nothing there to stop you, or going through a loop with enough momentum to make through, simply because the design was clumsy. This may be acceptable for later stages where there's a greater emphasis on strategy, but for these earlier zones, it should be more focused on the thrill of unimpeded speed and reflex actions. Reflexes that would naturally be alerted, unlike one of the slides you had to perform in the modern Chemical Plant where you had little to no reaction time to do it.

Nit-picking aside, it doesn't seem game breaking and my hopes are remaining steady.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalw11Sonic Generations - Page 8 White10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 6th 2011, 8:01 pm

Here's a better link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKwNWYowwY&feature=feedf
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 August 6th 2011, 8:26 pm

I'd say it looks pretty cool, no complaints here. Looks like it matches Unleashed's style of gameplay pretty well, which I like the idea of. And the classic stuff looks better than what I saw of GHZ. GHZ looked a little too straightforward with no obstacles or challenges in classic Sonic's gameplay.

So, I'm confident, and I'll definitely get the game when it comes out.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 8:56 pm

The 2D is absolutely annoying, but the 3D Chemical Plant is amazing (always wanted this). 3D City Escape looks a bit different, but overall stale to its original counterpart (as all remade levels in the same dimension will be). City Escape in 2D looks really lame. Skateboard great idea though, but still lame. This is the 3D age, please bring us 3D and not these trivial 2D side dishes.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 6th 2011, 8:58 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:The 2D is absolutely annoying, but the 3D Chemical Plant is amazing (always wanted this). 3D City Escape looks a bit different, but overall stale to its original counterpart (as all remade levels in the same dimension will be). City Escape in 2D looks really lame. Skateboard great idea though, but still lame. This is the 3D age, please bring us 3D and not these trivial 2D side dishes.

What in the name of Odin are you talking about? You're not describing what it is you find annoying. Just saying it's lame because it's two dimensional isn't a strong argument.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Blackr10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalw11Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalg10Sonic Generations - Page 8 White10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 6th 2011, 9:01 pm

Hushimo wrote:

Two games, actually. I guess that makes it a bi-cycle. Do-hoho, I'm so clever.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 9:01 pm

Hushimo wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:The 2D is absolutely annoying, but the 3D Chemical Plant is amazing (always wanted this). 3D City Escape looks a bit different, but overall stale to its original counterpart (as all remade levels in the same dimension will be). City Escape in 2D looks really lame. Skateboard great idea though, but still lame. This is the 3D age, please bring us 3D and not these trivial 2D side dishes.

What in the name of Odin are you talking about? You're not describing what it is you find annoying. Just saying it's lame because it's two dimensional isn't a strong argument.

Personally I don't find 2D that entertaining. I did in the 90's, but not in this day and age. Part of it is me aging, part of it is me wanting to conform to much more fun modern gaming. It' not the case for all games, but mostly Sonic.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 9:03 pm

Hushimo wrote:

Very true.

Can't apply for only two either.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic Generations - Page 8 Blackr10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalw11Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medalg10Sonic Generations - Page 8 White10Sonic Generations - Page 8 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 6th 2011, 9:06 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Hushimo wrote:

Very true.

Can you list any other main games besides 06 and Shadow that were so utterly atrocious?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 6th 2011, 9:07 pm

If you don't find the 2D aspect of a game whose core appeal is the re-imagining of a once entirely 2D series, there's not much point in bringing it up if you're only going to post deconstructive criticisms of it based on a weakly supported opinion. If you do feel the need to vent that hostility, justify it with examples and reasons.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 9:07 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

Very true.

Can you list any other main games besides 06 and Shadow that were so utterly atrocious?

Sonic Unleashed, and its worse than those two combined. Haven't played much of 06, but its concept is better than Unleashed.

Shadow wasn't that bad, except for the fact I questioned its authenticity.

Last edited by Sonic Adventure 2 on August 6th 2011, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 6th 2011, 9:07 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Erazor wrote:

Sonic Unleashed, and its worse than those two combined.
    Dear Xenu. You're one of those.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo August 6th 2011, 9:09 pm

Erazor wrote:Dear Xenu. You're one of those.

What did you expect? You asked for an opinion on a Sonic board. Nothing mind-breaking to see here.

Last edited by Hushimo on August 6th 2011, 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 9:09 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

Sonic Unleashed, and its worse than those two combined.
    Dear Xenu. You're one of those.

Xenu? What's that? Seriously, I don't know what you're talking about.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 August 6th 2011, 9:13 pm

Hushimo wrote:If you don't find the 2D aspect of a game whose core appeal is the re-imagining of a once entirely 2D series, there's not much point in bringing it up if you're only going to post deconstructive criticisms of it based on a weakly supported opinion. If you do feel the need to vent that hostility, justify it with examples and reasons.
    Well, the 2D Chemical Plant doesn't look much different from its original besides the graphics. That much I can say. I'd much rather play a true classic then a poser of the original.

As for City Escape, it was already great. Why make it in 2D when it was successful in 3D?

I did mention that Chemical Plant in 3D is amazing, and I love that. I wish they made 3D remakes of all the original 2D levels. Now that would be a true Sonic 20th anniversary.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 6th 2011, 9:19 pm

I can't really comment on the design of the stage without playing it myself, but the classic version does look a bit cramped.

My only gripe is that they chose to do that music muffling thing they did in Colors again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content