Techimo
    Techimo

After Sonic Generations VOZLn

After Sonic Generations Medal13After Sonic Generations Medalw11

: Male
     Rep15

After Sonic Generations Empty After Sonic Generations

Post by Techimo September 17th 2011, 1:05 pm

Iizuka said that there will be a new adventure after Sonic Generations guess which type of games there will be after Sonic Generations like: Sonic Colors 2,Sonic 4 Episode 2 or Sonic 4 Riders!
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

After Sonic Generations GOMM8

After Sonic Generations Medal13

Rep38

After Sonic Generations Empty Re: After Sonic Generations

Post by Hushimo October 2nd 2011, 2:30 am

Just making more sequels isn't always the solution.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 2nd 2011, 3:19 am

True.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

After Sonic Generations ZtZYh

After Sonic Generations Blackr10After Sonic Generations Medalw11After Sonic Generations Zigzag10After Sonic Generations White10After Sonic Generations Medal13After Sonic Generations 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 4th 2011, 1:18 am

Hard to say if there will be a third Riders. The third Riders was supposed to be the best, but they didn't take it in the right direction.

Episode 2 is a given, but I'm sure Colors 2 won't be happening soon.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

After Sonic Generations Blackr10After Sonic Generations Medal13After Sonic Generations 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash October 4th 2011, 7:37 pm

Yeah, I loved the first Riders, but I just didn't enjoy Zero Gravity as much as I did the first.
    Link451
    Link451

After Sonic Generations Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 October 4th 2011, 8:15 pm

Definitely expecting Episode 2. I don't know what will happen with the mainstream series though. I wouldn't mind a sequel to Unleashed.
    Jmh
    Jmh

After Sonic Generations Imagee10

After Sonic Generations Medalw11After Sonic Generations White10After Sonic Generations Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 4th 2011, 8:40 pm

Here's an interview.

http://www.destructoid.com/producer-takashi-iizuka-has-a-nice-long-chat-about-sonic-212861.phtml

After Sonic Generations Blackr10After Sonic Generations Medal13After Sonic Generations Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 8:44 pm

Honestly, I don't care. As long as sega doesn't begin screwing up again I'm open to basically everything (this doesn't include hedgehog-human spit swapping).

My preference would be to keep making games with Sonic and only Sonic though, and you know stories that don't suck suckage.
    Jmh
    Jmh

After Sonic Generations Medalw11After Sonic Generations White10After Sonic Generations Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 4th 2011, 8:46 pm

Supersonic84 wrote:Honestly, I don't care. As long as sega doesn't begin screwing up again I'm open to basically everything (this doesn't include hedgehog-human spit swapping).

My preference would be to keep making games with Sonic and only Sonic though, and you know stories that don't suck suckage.
    Well regarding Sonic only, I know the majority does want to play as other characters. If done right, that is.

After Sonic Generations Blackr10After Sonic Generations Medal13After Sonic Generations Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 8:48 pm

In the adventure series the other characters were usually boring to play as, why would they want more of that when they know it won't be done right.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 4th 2011, 8:49 pm

Supersonic84 wrote:In the adventure series the other characters were usually boring to play as, why would they want more of that when they know it won't be done right.
    What about the Advance games and 3&Knuckles?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

After Sonic Generations Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo October 4th 2011, 8:51 pm

Supersonic84 wrote:In the adventure series the other characters were usually boring to play as, why would they want more of that when they know it won't be done right.

Shooting Sonic dolls was boring?

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 9:01 pm

Jmh wrote:
    What about the Advance games and 3&Knuckles?

I was talking more about the 3D games as that is probably the direction (2.5/3D) they will be taking for some time as it seems to be working but yes, those did have good other playable characters.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 4th 2011, 10:21 pm

Supersonic84 wrote:
    Jmh wrote:What about the Advance games and 3&Knuckles?

I was talking more about the 3D games as that is probably the direction (2.5/3D) they will be taking for some time as it seems to be working but yes, those did have good other playable characters.
    Well, it shouldn't be too hard to just take the Sonic gameplay and give the character's their abilities. Then again, this IS Sonic Team we're talking about.

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 10:35 pm

That would be fine but adding a character like knuckles would need a change in level design which can be hard work. Sure, Sonic and Knuckles both fit in the same in 2D platformers but 3D Modern Sonic levels are focused on fast-paced speed and getting from start to finish. Having to do the same levels with a slower character isn't what I refer to as fun.

Last edited by Supersonic84 on October 4th 2011, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

After Sonic Generations Blackr10After Sonic Generations Medalw11After Sonic Generations Zigzag10After Sonic Generations White10After Sonic Generations Medal13After Sonic Generations 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 4th 2011, 10:35 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Supersonic84 wrote:
    Jmh wrote:What about the Advance games and 3&Knuckles?

Well, it shouldn't be too hard to just take the Sonic gameplay and give the character's their abilities. Then again, this IS Sonic Team we're talking about.
    Yes, this is Sonic Team, the people who make awesome games. So don't worry.
    Supersonic84 wrote:Having to do the same levels with a slower character isn't what I refer to as fun.
    And yet people love playing with a slow Mario.

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 10:39 pm

Mario, as a platforming series, is still very different from Sonic Gameplay.
    As I said the level design would have to be changed to suit slower characters, 3D Mario games are free roam in the way that you don't follow a mainly linear path, it is suited for the slower character.

As I recall Knuckles gameplay in SA and SA2 was about free roaming, again suited for his character.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 4th 2011, 10:40 pm

Which is pretty easy to do, honestly. Sonic Team can do it, they just haven't done it yet.

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 10:48 pm

It isn't as easy as you're making it out to be, sure Sonic Team can do it but that doesn't mean they will nor does it mean they can do it properly. A big problem is making the gameplay transition right, going fast to slow to fast again will no doubt annoy some players.

Bringing up SA again, It worked more as Sonic really didn't go that fast in the game. In comparison to the other characters he obviously did but he had no "boost" and there were many more times where you had to go slower compared to the current games.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 4th 2011, 10:53 pm

Right, but you're implying the other characters won't get sped up to compensate.

Rep33

Post by 84 October 4th 2011, 11:06 pm

Yes but even if they are sped up they wouldn't fit in without their own gameplay. I mean what would you rather have, Knuckles (just using him as an example) doing Sonic's stages at a slower speed even if it's just a bit noticeable, or stages actually built to utilize his abilities such as gliding and climbing? In the end, it is much easier for Sonic Team to make Sonic playable only, it also allows them to be able to focus and perfect one style of gameplay.

Also, most sonic fans DON'T want other characters, on SoA I always see "hopefully there won't be any other playable characters besides Sonic" not "OMG where is all the werehogs and fat cats? sad face"

That's all I'm saying for tonight but be assured, Sonic Team could easily make the werehog gameplay fit Knuckles or another character, would you still then want them?

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 4th 2011, 11:15 pm

All the time on SOA I see requests for new character gameplay, so...yeah. :???:

And yes, you can mix high speed with gliding and climbing AND fit it in the level design. You might not get 2D to 3D shifts, or at least not the same ones Sonic would have, but it can work.

And no, I want the werehog gameplay to be Ristar.
    hedgy
    hedgy

After Sonic Generations WFmvl

: Female
     Rep6

Post by hedgy October 5th 2011, 1:00 am

I wonder if they try a new gameplay style. The most styles had around 1-4 games.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 5th 2011, 11:09 am

People want more charaters but they know SEGA and the Sonic Team will screw up.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 5th 2011, 4:18 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:People want more charaters but they know SEGA and the Sonic Team will screw up.
    Nah, just look at Black Knight. One of the high praises it got was for how it implemented multiple characters. People may have not like sword gameplay, but people approved of the optional characters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content