The ancient lands.

5 posters

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod?

Poll

Which of the two?

[ 2 ]
    Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Bar_le1150%Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Bar_ri11 [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Bar_le1150%Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Bar_ri11 [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Pooka
    Pooka

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep1

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Empty Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod?

Post by Pooka August 1st 2014, 7:37 am

We have the Sonic game that can be modded to hell (Sonic Generations, everyone on the block knows that). We have the Unleashed Project covering every Unleashed day level but Eggmanland. However there's also these lofty Sonic 06' stages. Playing them in the original game is broken compared to doing the same thing on Unleashed, and unfortunately these levels are good concepts ruined by the mechanics.

Which do you want more? Do you want a Sonic Unleashed port mod or a Sonic 06' port mod?
    Sketch Style
    Sketch Style

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? GOMM8

Rep2

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Empty Re: Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod?

Post by Sketch Style August 1st 2014, 6:05 pm

Neither. I hate them both.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Imagee10

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Medalw11Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? White10Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 2nd 2014, 3:56 pm

Only a couple of 06's stage designs stand out as good to me (and by designs I mean concepts), and those are Kingdom Valley and Crisis City. Although I don't care for realistic environments in Sonic games, Unleashed still has more interesting stages than 06.
    Pooka
    Pooka

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Pooka August 2nd 2014, 7:32 pm

Jmh wrote:Only a couple of 06's stage designs stand out as good to me (and by designs I mean concepts), and those are Kingdom Valley and Crisis City. Although I don't care for realistic environments in Sonic games, Unleashed still has more interesting stages than 06.

I thought Wave Ocean is also one interesting stage? I think Sonic 06' has more interesting stages because the game is broken and less accessible while Unleashed is pretty much the step up after the disaster (Sonic 06') and more accessible.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Imagee10

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Medalw11Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? White10Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 2nd 2014, 10:30 pm

Pooka wrote:
    Jmh wrote:Only a couple of 06's stage designs stand out as good to me (and by designs I mean concepts), and those are Kingdom Valley and Crisis City. Although I don't care for realistic environments in Sonic games, Unleashed still has more interesting stages than 06.

I thought Wave Ocean is also one interesting stage? I think Sonic 06' has more interesting stages because the game is broken and less accessible while Unleashed is pretty much the step up after the disaster (Sonic 06') and more accessible.
    Wave Ocean is fine, but whenever I think of a beach stage, I think of Emerald Coast.
    Sir Sushius
    Sir Sushius

Sonic 06' or Sonic Unleashed mod? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Sir Sushius August 19th 2014, 4:00 pm

Neither game has really memorable stages outside of a couple. I think Sonic Unleashed does a better job of it, however. Holoska, Eggman Land (though I know you said they're not doing that in the mod), and Empire City particularly stand out to me. The only one from Sonic 06 that I can think of would be Crisis City, which is already in Generations.
    CyanSeaFront
    CyanSeaFront

Rep1

Post by CyanSeaFront August 27th 2014, 3:38 pm

Unleashed Project is amazing. Hub world musics are great and smart (it feels like it should be) and with good hardware, you can get crystal clear graphics with decent framerate.

I haven't played 06, so I can't say it's better or worse than the original game. But from what I see in youtube, it's pretty much the same.
    Sir Sushius
    Sir Sushius

Rep0

Post by Sir Sushius August 27th 2014, 4:03 pm

I can't seem to get it to download properly for me, which is a shame. I would have loved to play it. Many people disagree with me on this, but I really loved Sonic Unleashed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content