Xejuan Xiang
6 posters

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL?

Xejuan Xiang
    Xejuan Xiang

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? WFmvl

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Blackr10

Rep0

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Empty Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL?

Post by Xejuan Xiang June 2nd 2009, 5:21 am

I was just playing Sonic Megamix 1 (3.0), and I'm speeding through the levels and flying and jumping and all that s, and I'm thinking to myself, "damn, super sonic is so sick".

But I had to think about it for a second. Why is this form so much cooler than the other? Yellow is typically seen as a lame color. You wouldn't associate yellow with cool, unless you're a huge Bumble Bee Man fanboy or something.

So clearly it's not the sprite change, it's the concept. You're the most powerful being in the game. The only thing that can f with you are objects slamming on you and bottomless pits. You're an invincible force, nothing can stop you (not counting that stupid boss in Sonic 3).

I want to give a huge round of applause to whoever made it possible for Super Sonic to fly in MegaMix. That is honestly the highlight of the game for me, because that's exactly what SS should be able to do. He's incredibly fast, he's super powered, so why shouldn't he be able to fly? It seals the deal.

My only other desire would be to see some sort of game where two "super" players interact with one another. How would a Super Knuckles and Super Sonic fight go down? Stalemate?

What was your first reaction when you played as Super Sonic in any game?
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? VOZLn

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Blackr10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medalw11Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medalg10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? White10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medal13

: Male
     Rep17

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Empty Re: Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL?

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 4:10 pm

I wouldn't know. I've got dumbass opinions anyway.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? ZtZYh

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Blackr10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medalw11Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Zigzag10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? White10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medal13Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? 2nio02t

Rep76

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Empty Re: Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL?

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 6:18 pm

Stop being negative and contribute to the topic.
    I can't really remember my first experience, but Super Sonic is quite awesome indeed.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Blackr10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medalw11Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medalg10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? White10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 7:23 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Stop being negative and

No. Don't be a jerk.

EDIT: Sorry, it's something I don't think I can help. Especially after feeling the way I did after our argument.

The Freedom Fighter wrote:contribute to the topic.

But contributing to the topic is something I can do. And I still choose what I said back there. Super Sonic is what he is. I don't know whether or not I think he's cool exactly. But my first expereince was in SA2 where the moment was good.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Blackr10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medalw11Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Zigzag10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? White10Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? Medal13Why is Super Sonic so gosh darned COOL? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 7:38 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

No. Don't be a jerk.

EDIT: Sorry, it's something I don't think I can help. Especially after feeling the way I did after our argument.
    Yes, you can. I've seen you do it tons of times. If you want to be pointlessly negative at yourself, fine, but if it doesn't relate to the topic, stop bringing it up.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

But contributing to the topic is something I can do. And I still choose what I said back there. Super Sonic is what he is. I don't know whether or not I think he's cool exactly. But my first expereince was in SA2 where the moment was good.
    Now that's contributing. Do that next time.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 7:43 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

No. Don't be a jerk.

Yes, you can. I've seen you do it tons of times. If you want to be pointlessly negative at yourself, fine, but if it doesn't relate to the topic, stop bringing it up.
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Now that's contributing. Do that next time.

Just screw the whole thing then. My head's feeling hot again. A person like me doesn't take being told things like this the right way. I don't do well with "tough" approaches to getting rid of my negativity. It makes me feel worse and gets me to post off-topic nonsense like this.

And I apologize for mucking up his topic with this too. I don't think I'll be in many topics for a while after this. My presense isn't needed here right now.

But I will say that I'd probably like an inclusion in a game's story mode where we got to race through at least one level as Super Sonic.

Last edited by Crystal Chaotix 3 on June 2nd 2009, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 2nd 2009, 7:58 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:MENTAL BREAKDOWN!!1
    It's moments like this that I wish to be in direct ownership of a low orbit ion cannon.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 7:59 pm

Mly wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:MENTAL BREAKDOWN!!1
    It's moments like this that I wish to be in direct ownership of a low orbit ion cannon.

Get back on topic please. Ignore the nonsense above.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 8:06 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Just screw the whole thing then. My head's feeling hot again. A person like me doesn't take being told things like this the right way. I don't do well with "tough" approaches to getting rid of my negativity. It makes me feel worse and gets me to post off-topic nonsense like this.

And I apologize for mucking up his topic with this too. I don't think I'll be in many topics for a while after this. My presense isn't needed here right now.

But I will say that I'd probably like an inclusion in a game's story mode where we got to race through at least one level as Super Sonic.
    This isn't a tough approach. This is a telling you to stop it approach.
    It's not your presense, it's your mood. Keep control of your emotions.
    I'd like a Super Sonic only level personally.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:10 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Just screw the whole thing then. My head's feeling hot again. A person like me doesn't take being told things like this the right way. I don't do well with "tough" approaches to getting rid of my negativity. It makes me feel worse and gets me to post off-topic nonsense like this.

I'm really sorry. But I honestly don't think I can. I did once when I started to think this way years ago but it's been too long and help just recently started coming. I've simply got a problem and am screwed in the head.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 8:14 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

I'm really sorry. But I honestly don't think I can. I did once when I started to think this way years ago but it's been too long and help just recently started coming. I've simply got a problem and am screwed in the head.
    Thinking you can't isn't going to help. You need to be confident, and even if you think you can't, you can. I've seen people in far worse conditions with far worse issues, and they've gotten through. Just because you think you can't doesn't mean you can't.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:18 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Thinking you can't isn't going to help. You need to be confident, and even if you think you can't, you can. I've seen people in far worse conditions with far worse issues, and they've gotten through. Just because you think you can't doesn't mean you can't.

I know it isn't going to help, but I do and say this crap anyway. And I know there are people out there with far worse issues and in far worse conditions and reminding myself that just makes me think I'm being selfish. And I never used to think I couldn't and that still didn't work. If I truly can then I'll try a little harder, again. As for right now we should get back on topic right?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 8:26 pm

A lot harder CC3. A little isn't keeping you on the right path apparently. You need to stop being negative. If you even start to dwell on negativity, especially about yourself, you force yourself to change topics, to think of something engaging, productive, something that will cause jubilee, not just in yourself, but in others. Master your emotions. Don't try, do. Saying you'll try isn't enough. You must do.
    And yes, get back on topic.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:39 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:A lot harder CC3. A little isn't keeping you on the right path apparently. You need to stop being negative. If you even start to dwell on negativity, especially about yourself, you force yourself to change topics, to think of something engaging, productive, something that will cause jubilee, not just in yourself, but in others. Master your emotions. Don't try, do. Saying you'll try isn't enough. You must do.

I guess you're right... I hate being the way I am and I know I need to change before I end up dead somewhere... Okay, I'll do my best then and hopefully it'll be enough to work...

But about Super Sonic, his formula has been pretty much the same in every game I own except Unleashed, where he actually turned up in the beginning of the game. It's something I heard he hasn't done since some 2-D game. Think there might be a way to beef up the way he makes his appearance like that?

(It feels a little strange shifting from that negativity and talking about Super Sonic all of a sudden. A lot harder then I thought it would be.)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 8:50 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:A lot harder CC3. A little isn't keeping you on the right path apparently. You need to stop being negative. If you even start to dwell on negativity, especially about yourself, you force yourself to change topics, to think of something engaging, productive, something that will cause jubilee, not just in yourself, but in others. Master your emotions. Don't try, do. Saying you'll try isn't enough. You must do.

I guess you're right... I hate being the way I am and I know I need to change before I end up dead somewhere... Okay, I'll do my best then and hopefully it'll be enough to work...

But about Super Sonic, his formula has been pretty much the same in every game I own except Unleashed, where he actually turned up in the beginning of the game. It's something I heard he hasn't done since some 2-D game. Think there might be a way to beef up the way he makes his appearance like that?

(It feels a little strange shifting from that negativity and talking about Super Sonic all of a sudden. A lot harder then I thought it would be.)
    That's what Tails does. :For The Win:
    Yes. Sega could definitely do it. Although, personally, I want them to delve more into Darkspine. It seems like he has endless possibilites. :Oh my god...:
    Welcome to the Internet. That's what we do all the time really.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:56 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Yes. Sega could definitely do it. Although, personally, I want them to delve more into Darkspine. It seems like he has endless possibilites. :Oh my god...:

Despite what my words say I'm still feeling a bit down after recalling all my conversations with you and how they've turned out. I regret almost all of them now.

And I know Sega could do it if they had a mind to though. They've been showing some progress after Unleashed with their story set-up in my opinion. Although I'm not sure how they could explore more into Darkspine if he only came from absorbing the power of a few of the world rings from an storybook no less.

(The interenet eh... well realistically it's going to take a long time before I can be like the rest of you. Happiness doesn't just come just like that. I was on the verge of getting off and crying alone in my room a few seconds ago... but I'm sticking this out regardless because I've known for a long time that you're right...)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 9:10 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Despite what my words say I'm still feeling a bit down after recalling all my conversations with you and how they've turned out. I regret almost all of them now.

And I know Sega could do it if they had a mind to though. They've been showing some progress after Unleashed with their story set-up in my opinion. Although I'm not sure how they could explore more into Darkspine if he only came from absorbing the power of a few of the world rings from an storybook no less.

(The interenet eh... well realistically it's going to take a long time before I can be like the rest of you. Happiness doesn't just come just like that. I was on the verge of getting off and crying alone in my room a few seconds ago... but I'm sticking this out regardless because I've known for a long time that you're right...)
    Don't regret. Learn from them. They are all experiences that will provide life lessons and teach you how to improve yourself and help others.
    Well, it would be restricted to the storybook series, yeah, but the World Rings have amazing power, and the transformations are quite interesting. For example, we know three can turn Sonic into a darker, stronger, more powerful form, and sevenish can turn someone into something like Alf Layla wa-Layla (though he wasn't complete). Imagine the different forms of different rings absorbed, the personality and fighting style changes, the form itself and how it acts. And that's just the beginning.
    Don't worry, you'll get past this. Just be strong and keep trying. Happiness can come to anyone.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 9:16 pm

Don't regret. Learn from them. They are all experiences that will provide life lessons and teach you how to improve yourself and help others.
    Well, it would be restricted to the storybook series, yeah, but the World Rings have amazing power, and the transformations are quite interesting. For example, we know three can turn Sonic into a darker, stronger, more powerful form, and sevenish can turn someone into something like Alf Layla wa-Layla (though he wasn't complete). Imagine the different forms of different rings absorbed, the personality and fighting style changes, the form itself and how it acts. And that's just the beginning.
    Don't worry, you'll get past this. Just be strong and keep trying. Happiness can come to anyone.

That'll be hard. But I'll keep it in mind...

And I do believe you're right. While I'm not sure anyone would really want a Secret Rings sequal to find out it would defidently be something interesting to explore. Maybe they could include some kind of an extra in their next game that explains it our something. Although it wouldn't be as fun as experiencing it.

Okay. I guess happiness is a good thing. I feel like such a baby though... but considering my diaper fetish I guess that's a good thing too...

Whoa... just got way too personal again. Sorry about that. Embarassed
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 9:33 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

And I do believe you're right. While I'm not sure anyone would really want a Secret Rings sequal to find out it would defidently be something interesting to explore. Maybe they could include some kind of an extra in their next game that explains it our something. Although it wouldn't be as fun as experiencing it.

Okay. I guess happiness is a good thing. I feel like such a baby though... but considering my diaper fetish I guess that's a good thing too...

Well, the World Rings allow travel to all worlds. And we know
    Spoiler:
    , so them being in the next storybook game is quite possible, thus giving us ample opportunity to experience it.
    : ): But seriously, just chillax and have fun. Happiness is always a good thing.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 9:38 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Well, the World Rings allow travel to all worlds. And we know
    Spoiler:
    , so them being in the next storybook game is quite possible, thus giving us ample opportunity to experience it.
    : ): But seriously, just chillax and have fun. Happiness is always a good thing.

I guess you're right. That is if the next storybook game deals with another similar book though.

And I'm commencing on that. When I presented myself to all of you at Sega and on here I wasn't planning on letting this side of me out but it didn't work out that way. And happiness is always a good thing... well maybe not when phycopaths are happy but still... All I need is a nice pacifier and I'm good to go. :Mr. Green:
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 9:45 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:I guess you're right. That is if the next storybook game deals with another similar book though.

And I'm commencing on that. When I presented myself to all of you at Sega and on here I wasn't planning on letting this side of me out but it didn't work out that way. And happiness is always a good thing... well maybe not when phycopaths are happy but still... All I need is a nice pacifier and I'm good to go. :Mr. Green:
    I don't know what you mean by similar, but there is another bookgame planned.
    Well, that's the other part of happiness. Your happiness must not incapacitate the happiness of others. If it does, it's not true happiness, for it requires going beyond what most can not and should not go. But that's another story.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 10:03 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:I guess you're right. That is if the next storybook game deals with another similar book though.

I don't know what you mean by similar, but there is another bookgame planned.
    Well, that's the other part of happiness. Your happiness must not incapacitate the happiness of others. If it does, it's not true happiness, for it requires going beyond what most can not and should not go. But that's another story.

A similar book as in a book that deals with the similar elements like what happened in Black Knight and Secret Rings. I don't think I'm using the right words here though.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 10:09 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:A similar book as in a book that deals with the similar elements like what happened in Black Knight and Secret Rings. I don't think I'm using the right words here though.
    Well, I don't really understand, but I don't see why it would have different elements if the first two didn't.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 10:15 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:A similar book as in a book that deals with the similar elements like what happened in Black Knight and Secret Rings. I don't think I'm using the right words here though.
    Well, I don't really understand, but I don't see why it would have different elements if the first two didn't.

I thought the first two had different " enough" elements at least.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 11:04 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

I thought the first two had different " enough" elements at least.
    Similar but different though, right? Then it shouldn't differ too much, correct?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content