The Freedom Fighter
sykog
Zez
14 posters

Wii's Graphics

Zez
    Zez

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Wii's Graphics Empty Wii's Graphics

Post by Zez June 15th 2009, 4:28 pm

The fact that they have motion sensors does not make up for the fact that I would rather stare at a earl 90's gameboy graphics than the Wii's god awful polygons with no smoothing.

WHY DO THEIR GRAPHICS MAKE MY EYES BLEED?
    sykog
    sykog

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Medalg10Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep29

Wii's Graphics Empty Re: Wii's Graphics

Post by sykog June 15th 2009, 4:29 pm

I'm fine with them. It's usually colorful.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Wii's Graphics ZtZYh

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13Wii's Graphics 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 15th 2009, 4:33 pm

What graphically poor game are you talking about? All my Wii games rock.
    Zez
    Zez

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 15th 2009, 4:34 pm

Wii sports for one.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Wii's Graphics ZtZYh

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13Wii's Graphics 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 15th 2009, 4:37 pm

Zezima wrote:Wii sports for one.
    Those were fine for what they were. Plus, it was a free game.
    sykog
    sykog

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Medalg10Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 15th 2009, 4:38 pm

Zezima wrote:Wii sports for one.
    That game isn't supposed to impress you with its graphics. In fact, the Wii was never designed to have good Nextgen graphics.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Wii's Graphics ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 15th 2009, 4:42 pm

Although, I have been quite pleased with it's graphics so far anyway.
    Boom
    Boom

Wii's Graphics GOMM8

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep1

Post by Boom June 15th 2009, 5:10 pm

How?
    Shadow
    Shadow

Wii's Graphics Kz2PK

Wii's Graphics Blackr10

Rep2

Post by Shadow June 15th 2009, 5:57 pm

I agree with some games, like the Medal of Honor game my friend had. I swear the original Metal of Honor on the PS! looked better. Though, games made by Nintendo like Mario Kart rock epically.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

Wii's Graphics GOMM8

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medal13Wii's Graphics 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash June 15th 2009, 6:16 pm

Zezima wrote:The fact that they have motion sensors does not make up for the fact that I would rather stare at a earl 90's gameboy graphics than the Wii's god awful polygons with no smoothing.

No, you wouldn't. :P

They have smoothing, if they don't, it's not big enough for me to notice.

And, graphics don't make a good game.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Medalg10Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 16th 2009, 1:41 am

sykog77 wrote:The Wii was never designed to have good Nextgen graphics.
    Why not? They'd like us to think it was a trade-off, they have inferior graphics "in exchange" for their groundbreaking innovative motion sensing controller.

Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 both recently showed actually innovative, far more accurate systems of motion sensing on consoles that already have graphics that are literally a generation above the Wii's.
    sykog
    sykog

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog June 16th 2009, 1:02 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    Why not? They'd like us to think it was a trade-off, they have inferior graphics "in exchange" for their groundbreaking innovative motion sensing controller.

Meanwhile, the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 both recently showed actually innovative, far more accurate systems of motion sensing on consoles that already have graphics that are literally a generation above the Wii's.
    I don't know maybe they thought iit was cheaper and easier to not have next-gen graphics. :Neutralness:
    Shadow wrote:I agree with some games, like the Medal of Honor game my friend had. I swear the original Metal of Honor on the PS! looked better. Though, games made by Nintendo like Mario Kart rock epically.
    Now that's just over exaggerating things.
    Wii's Graphics Medal-of-honor-heroes-2-screenshot-big
    Wii's Graphics Moh_screen004
    THse are some pretty good graphics for a ps1 game though.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Medalg10Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 16th 2009, 9:39 pm

Anyone else find it hilarious that Sonic's model looks better in Unleashed on the PS2 than on the Wii?

It has less polygons, but it doesn't have that horrible shine added to it.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon June 16th 2009, 9:40 pm

Wii sucks,end of story.
    Zez
    Zez

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez June 16th 2009, 10:34 pm

Albino Nega wrote:Wii sucks,end of story.

Laughing [/Topic]
    sykog
    sykog

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog June 17th 2009, 3:47 pm

Erazor wrote:Anyone else find it hilarious that Sonic's model looks better in Unleashed on the PS2 than on the Wii?

It has less polygons, but it doesn't have that horrible shine added to it.
    Me laugh
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 19th 2009, 1:37 am

sykog77 wrote:I don't know maybe they thought iit was cheaper and easier to not have next-gen graphics. :Neutralness:
    Of course it is, that's the point, they're still trying to pass it off as a Next-Gen console.
    Sunset
    Sunset

Wii's Graphics Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep2

Post by Sunset June 22nd 2009, 6:46 pm

Some games have nice graphics, like Brawl. The movies in the Subspace Emissary looked very nice in my opinion. Also, Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy.

Really, graphics don't matter to me, and having a game that looks too realistic kind of makes me not want to play it. I usually prefer cartoon looking games.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 23rd 2009, 2:37 am

Sunset wrote:Really, graphics don't matter to me, and having a game that looks too realistic kind of makes me not want to play it. I usually prefer cartoon looking games.
    That's not the point, they're crediting themselves for making a next-gen console while it's literally inferior to its competitors from the last generation, it's that same attitude that they're using to justify their unacceptable quality in every other aspect.

As Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation put it "you're a video game company, not Fisher Price".

Besides, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 both have plenty of games with cartoony graphics too, only without sacrificing smoothness, physics, and actual gameplay that involves more than just another waggle gimmick you could teach to any child who's old enough to know not to chew on it. And as of E3, they now have vastly superior motion controls too.

Really, besides owning the names and logos of a few games that we grew up with, what does Nintendo have today that's worth paying for?
    Pianta
    Pianta

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Medalg10Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep21

Post by Pianta June 23rd 2009, 7:53 am

Sunset wrote:Some games have nice graphics, like Brawl. The movies in the Subspace Emissary looked very nice in my opinion. Also, Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy.

Really, graphics don't matter to me, and having a game that looks too realistic kind of makes me not want to play it. I usually prefer cartoon looking games.

Same here. I couldn't care less about the graphics. If the game's good and fun, I'm fine with it.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Wii's Graphics Imagee10

Wii's Graphics Blackr10Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13Wii's Graphics 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 June 23rd 2009, 8:24 pm

I actually don't mind the Wii graphics. Although they are not as polished to the level of that of an XBox 360, they are still better than some games, including the majority of the games in the previous Generation. Though the graphics for a game shouldn't matter. As long as the game has a good control system, plot, gameplay, and camera system, as well as being fun to play, it doesn't matter how strong the graphics are.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Wii's Graphics VOZLn

Wii's Graphics Medalw11Wii's Graphics Zigzag10Wii's Graphics White10Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern June 23rd 2009, 9:17 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:

I don't know maybe they thought iit was cheaper and easier to not have next-gen graphics. :Neutralness:
    Shadow wrote:I agree with some games, like the Medal of Honor game my friend had. I swear the original Metal of Honor on the PS! looked better. Though, games made by Nintendo like Mario Kart rock epically.
    Now that's just over exaggerating things.
    Wii's Graphics Medal-of-honor-heroes-2-screenshot-big
    Wii's Graphics Moh_screen004
    THse are some pretty good graphics for a ps1 game though.

medal of honor: rising sun is a ps2 game sykog

Light Dash wrote:
    Zezima wrote:The fact that they have motion sensors does not make up for the fact that I would rather stare at a earl 90's gameboy graphics than the Wii's god awful polygons with no smoothing.

No, you wouldn't. :P

They have smoothing, if they don't, it's not big enough for me to notice.

And, graphics don't make a good game.
    quoted for the truth
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

Wii's Graphics GOMM8

Wii's Graphics Medal13

Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan June 26th 2009, 4:34 pm

Oh I agree, I dislike the Wii's graphics also, and this is coming from someone who likes bright, colourful, cartoony games. I dunno why, but I really dislike the Wii's graphics, I guess it's because it looks too kiddish and looks horrible on my TV screen. I personally prefer retro game graphics any day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content