The Freedom Fighter
Erazor
Roterblitz
Crystal Chaotix 3
sykog
Zez
Super Racer Z
18 posters

What is your favorite art for the games overall?

Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

What is your favorite art for the games overall? 56qtD

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

: Male
     Rep16

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Empty What is your favorite art for the games overall?

Post by Super Racer Z June 16th 2009, 3:18 am

What is you favorite art style for Sonic? Do you like the more monotone colors and real world of the adventure games, the Lighter colors, and semi-realistic world with loops and the more cartoony humans, the more Plastic-esque color and less real world style in Heroes they made his world in Sonic Heroes, or something else?

My favorite would have to be Sonic Unleashed. It just has something about it that has a much more smooth and fitting feel to it. The humans and levels(The fact that they have all of these loops, paths, pits, rails, etc) also feel much more fitting for Sonic as well.

Last edited by Super Racer Z on June 17th 2009, 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zez
    Zez

What is your favorite art for the games overall? VOZLn

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep24

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Empty Re: What is your favorite art for the games overall?

Post by Zez June 16th 2009, 3:26 am

Sonic Adventure 2's proportions with Sonic Adventure's Purple-Blue coloration is pure perfection!
    sykog
    sykog

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Imagee10

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep29

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Empty Re: What is your favorite art for the games overall?

Post by sykog June 16th 2009, 11:45 am

Zezima wrote:Sonic Adventure 2's proportions with Sonic Adventure's Purple-Blue coloration is pure perfection!
    purple bule? I don't see it.
    What is your favorite art for the games overall? Sonic_dc
    Anyways, I would choose Unleashed. The only problem with his design there is that his legs are a bit too long and his ears look funny
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 12:01 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:Sonic Adventure 2's proportions with Sonic Adventure's Purple-Blue coloration is pure perfection!
    Anyways, I would choose Unleashed. The only problem with his design there is that his legs are a bit too long and his ears look funny

Long legs aren't a problem. They make him look more swave. I don't know about the ear thing though. I can't see it.
    sykog
    sykog

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog June 16th 2009, 12:16 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

Long legs aren't a problem. They make him look more swave. I don't know about the ear thing though. I can't see it.
    The looks too rounded at the boottom, and too pointy at the top. There is not enough of a blue outline around them either. But that's just a small thing. :Wink Wink:
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 1:49 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

The looks too rounded at the boottom, and too pointy at the top. There is not enough of a blue outline around them either. But that's just a small thing. :Wink Wink:

That's really something you'd have to closely inspect to notice.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 16th 2009, 1:54 pm

well I just saw a screenshot and a noticed it rather quickly. But looking at the actual gameplay it would be hard to notice, that's why I said it's just a small thing.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

What is your favorite art for the games overall? 56qtD

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 16th 2009, 2:05 pm

I looked at a pic, and yeah, it is a very unnoticeable but small flaw.

Really, I only thing the base of his ears need to be less plump and round, but other than that, the best model so far.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 2:11 pm

sykog77 wrote:well I just saw a screenshot and a noticed it rather quickly. But looking at the actual gameplay it would be hard to notice, that's why I said it's just a small thing.

Well then you must really love those ears.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 16th 2009, 2:13 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:well I just saw a screenshot and a noticed it rather quickly. But looking at the actual gameplay it would be hard to notice, that's why I said it's just a small thing.

Well then you must really love those ears.
    :O_o: :Facepalm:
    no, it just didn't seem right. It doesn't take long to realize when something's not right.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 16th 2009, 2:47 pm

Zey had zat in SA1 too.
    SA1's are ze MOST SPOCIOUS because it had 3D Sonic in its most SPOCIOUS form, resemb'd classic Sonic at ze same time, Humans stay'd cartoony, and everyzing felt right.
    Ze CONCEPT ART is ze MOST SPOCIOUS of any CONCEPT ART.
    SPOCIOUS...
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 16th 2009, 3:31 pm

I though Sonic Heroes had a beautiful art direction, great music, and creative level design, until you actually try to play it.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 4:11 pm

Roterblitz wrote:I though Sonic Heroes had a beautiful art direction, great music, and creative level design, until you actually try to play it.

Those things just don't go away when you try to play it.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 16th 2009, 4:19 pm

Roterblitz wrote:I though Sonic Heroes had a beautiful art direction, great music, and creative level design, until you actually try to play it.
    What do you mean by that? And it does have a good level design and art.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 16th 2009, 6:01 pm

The camera gets scrambled when the game glitches out, the music constantly resetting when you die becomes repetitive and annoying, and the level design constantly flat-out fails and kills you for no good reason.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 6:08 pm

Roterblitz wrote:The camera gets scrambled when the game glitches out, the music constantly resetting when you die becomes repetitive and annoying, and the level design constantly flat-out fails and kills you for no good reason.

While none of that has happened to and/or annoyed me I don't see how that makes the art direction and music bad and the level design suddenly un-creative.

I would assume you have a short fuse if the music reseting actually annoyed you. That doesn't suddenly make it bad.

As well as the level design supposedly being what killed you making it any less creative.
    Zez
    Zez

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 16th 2009, 6:08 pm

He was Purple inside the hotel.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 6:12 pm

Zezima wrote:He was Purple inside the hotel.

Did you have to post right after I just got done replying to someone? I hate it when that happens. :AUGH!:

Last edited by Crystal Chaotix 3 on June 16th 2009, 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 16th 2009, 6:13 pm

I'll edit my post and add a Quote.

Sorry.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 16th 2009, 6:16 pm

No that's fine. Don 't worry yourself about it.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 17th 2009, 12:43 am

Heroes style. We need more stages designed like those.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 17th 2009, 8:46 am

Zezima wrote:He was Purple inside the hotel.
     And in many ozer places. He will look blue to purple depending on where he is (ze weazer and his surroundings) or depending on your resolution for your game's brightness and colors. SPOCIOUS TIMES SPOCIOUS TIMES
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What is your favorite art for the games overall? ZtZYh

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13What is your favorite art for the games overall? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 30th 2009, 12:00 pm

I guess SADX. SA2B, SU, STH, Advance, they're all so close though. It's hard to just choose.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern August 30th 2009, 12:09 pm

sonic adventure was my favorite but I am wrong in today's world since its all about speed and not platforming...
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

What is your favorite art for the games overall? GOMM8

What is your favorite art for the games overall? Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool August 30th 2009, 12:14 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:sonic adventure was my favorite but I am wrong in today's world since its all about speed and not platforming...
    you are wise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content