The Freedom Fighter
Erazor
Roterblitz
Crystal Chaotix 3
sykog
Zez
Super Racer Z
18 posters

What is your favorite art for the games overall?

sykog
    sykog

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Imagee10

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite art for the games overall?

Post by sykog August 30th 2009, 12:37 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:sonic adventure was my favorite but I am wrong in today's world since its all about speed and not platforming...
    Art, not gameplay.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 VOZLn

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep26

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your favorite art for the games overall?

Post by Auflodern August 30th 2009, 12:45 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Kriegsmarine wrote:sonic adventure was my favorite but I am wrong in today's world since its all about speed and not platforming...
    Art, not gameplay.

I still like it better especially the wacky arm inflatable president man
    silversapphire919
    silversapphire919

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 WFmvl

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Blackr10

: Female
     Rep0

Post by silversapphire919 August 30th 2009, 3:47 pm

There's not really one style I like more than others. I liked SA-SA2 because it was realistic, but not too realistic,like, say, Sonic 06. Bleh.

I liked Unleashed because it seemed like the right place for Sonic. Like, Sonic-y, but realistic.

Sonic Heroes, I liked the classic feel of it. No humans (other than Robotnik, that is), and the level design wasn't very realistic, but more classic Sonic. In turn, then, I like the feel of Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3, S&K, because, well, they were the first, and that was just awesome. Sonic Rush seemed to have that, too.

The only one I don't really like the style was in 06. WAAAAYYY to realistic for a game about a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog...
    Phantom
    Phantom

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom September 20th 2009, 5:41 pm

Aesthetically, Unleashed is tops for me. The characters look properly exaggerated as if from a good Pixar movie, and the environments are vibrant and filled with detail. Sonic feels more at home among the cartoony, but not quite so much that he goes to Toontown.
    sykog
    sykog

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog September 21st 2009, 6:48 pm

Phantom wrote:Aesthetically, Unleashed is tops for me. The characters look properly exaggerated as if from a good Pixar movie, and the environments are vibrant and filled with detail. Sonic feels more at home among the cartoony, but not quite so much that he goes to Toontown.
    @_@You just stated my mind, but in more professional wording. @_@
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 22nd 2009, 10:03 pm

Sonic Storybook Series. Its a good mix of cartoon and realism
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 56qtD

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z September 23rd 2009, 1:43 am

Hmm, the thread is still alive. Brings back memories, that evil ungrammatical mash up of red text and random Zs and such...

Phantom also described some of what I liked about Unleashed's art direction quite well.

I'm curious as to what the art style of Project Needlemouse will be like.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 September 27th 2009, 4:51 pm

From now on, I consider the Unleashed world to be the one true world for Sonic.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy September 27th 2009, 5:59 pm

I have to wonder where Angel Island is in the Unleashed world, though...
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames September 27th 2009, 7:02 pm

Sonic Unleashed IMO has the best art legs, feet, and hands down.

Not only is the scenery beautiful I personally think the people suit the cartoony Sonic perfectly and it's all smooth and crisp. Very reminiscent of Pixar.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 ZtZYh

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Blackr10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 27th 2009, 9:36 pm

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:I have to wonder where Angel Island is in the Unleashed world, though...
    In the clouds? I don't know. :silent:
    Jmh
    Jmh

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh December 9th 2009, 6:08 pm

Adventure.
    Code One
    Code One

Rep0

Post by Code One December 15th 2009, 5:11 pm

ADVENTURE

jmh has no right to use them because he didn't own the originals

I OWN THE ORIGINALS
    WOOHOO
    Jmh
    Jmh

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 White10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh December 15th 2009, 5:39 pm

Code One wrote:ADVENTURE

jmh has no right to use them because he didn't own the originals

I OWN THE ORIGINALS
    WOOHOO
    Hmm..... Where have I seen a post like this before? *Looks at some old Mlytorium posts by LSB* Oh, that's where.
    addictedtech
    addictedtech

Rep0

Post by addictedtech December 15th 2009, 11:29 pm

Sonic Unleashed, really liked the graphics, im a pc guy :)
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalw11What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medalg10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Zigzag10What is your favorite art for the games overall? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 6:14 pm

His SA2 proportions seemed fine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content