The ancient lands.

5 posters

Greatest Joy

Zez
    Zez

Greatest Joy VOZLn

Greatest Joy Blackr10Greatest Joy Medalw11Greatest Joy Zigzag10Greatest Joy Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Greatest Joy Empty Greatest Joy

Post by Zez June 17th 2009, 1:57 am

What was the happiest moment of your life? For me it was playing Madden, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 long ago. You?

[Whatever, it's my nostalgic moment, :>_>: ]
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Greatest Joy Empty Re: Greatest Joy

Post by Yioibon June 17th 2009, 2:00 am

Not knowing half the negative things that are out there today.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Greatest Joy VOZLn

Greatest Joy Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom June 25th 2009, 2:02 am

Well, here are my top picks...

Summer, 2006: I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain with myself one Sunday in the summer. It was hot, but that being inland California it was to be expected. Still, with jut being there myself I was free to get as big a piece of the action as I wanted; going on any rides and taking it all at my own pace. The lines were very short that day, so I could just waltz onto Viper (my favorite rollercoaster) at any time. I also caught the "Batman Begins" stunt show and the Chinese Acrobats of Hibei (I've never seen a show there before), and to cap it all off I scored my first victory in a carnival game to win a Tails plush and finally got to meet a costumed Wile E. Coyote (I have great respect for those brave souls in costume at theme parks--and Wile E.'s my favorite, been looking for him for a while). If ever there was a perfect day in the park, that would be it for me.

Spring/Summer, 1994: By then I had already embraced Sonic the Hedgehog, and S3&K held dominion over my TV set. I brought my cartridge over to a friend's house, and we played like we meant it, him as Sonic and me as Tails (good thing Tails was immortal, or I'd still be fighting the Death Egg Act 1 boss). From there, we had all the characters with all the Emeralds each, and we marveled as we saw the endgames of Knuckles, Tails and Sonic (in that order) and their final challenges. I remember almost crying when Sonic reclaimed the Master Emerald and brought it back to the Floating Island--I never wanted it to end, and I felt like I really achieved something great. Since then, every time I came back to the game it felt like a happy reunion, that Sonic and his friends were saying "Oh, he's back! Better shape up for him!"

Winter, 2007: it's a fact that only a quarter of the Demo 4 class actually graduates: unless your demo reel, website and business cards are up to three instructors' worth of high standards, you'd better get ready to retake the class (a lot). I was toeing the line between passing and failing throughout the quarter, and just at the last day of presentation (especially after my stiff neck that cost me a day in class--see "Worst Pain"), I had emerged victorious with a quality demo reel and website and cards (at least, now that I look back on them I'm sure I could've done better in comparison with what I've seen since). Still, that meant I was graduating! Whoohoo! And to cap it all off, that night I went to a concert in Hollywood to celebrate. My favorite band, Suburban Legends, was playing alongside Andy Frasco and a British punk band called Koopa (check out their cover of "500 Miles"). I danced the dance of the winner to the ska sounds of SL.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Greatest Joy Imagee10

Greatest Joy Blackr10Greatest Joy Medalw11Greatest Joy Medalg10Greatest Joy White10Greatest Joy Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 25th 2009, 2:47 am

I can't remember a time where I felt a moment of overwhelming joy. Instead, I appreciate and enjoy all of the little things in everyday life that make me feel good.
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

Greatest Joy GOMM8

Greatest Joy Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan June 26th 2009, 1:29 pm

Argh, I don't know! Nothing great has ever happened in my life... but I guess I'll have to try and think of some.

Playing Sonic for the first time as a kid. Seriously this was the best feeling in the world! It felt so magical, words can't express how happy they made me! I wish I could get this much enjoyment out of games these days.

Getting back into Sonic in 2003. Ok, technically I got back into Sonic in 2002, but 2003 was when I started to become a huge Sonic fan again. Every night I'd browse the 'net for an hour looking at Sonic sites, searching everywhere for clips of the Sonic cartoons which took about an hour to load and were no longer than 2 minutes long. Playing Sonic Adventure for the first time this same year was amazing, I can't even begin to explain the feeling I felt playing this game for the first time, it was almost like it was too good to be true. So yeah, basically the whole of 2003 was a great year of my life.

Summer of Sonic. For any of you who don't know, the Summer of Sonic is a Sonic convention which was held in London last year on August 9th, and there's due to be another on August 29th this year. It was like heaven to me, it was full of 200+ Sonic fans packed together in a small hall, this itself should explain how awesome it is.

These are just a few of the happiest moments of my life, I would list more but well, I think my post in long enough XD; Some others include the happiness Sonic items bring me, having internet for the first time, my crushes and... I think that's about it. XP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content