SonicFanPS2
Shade
t5in
Hemlock
Pianta
Superdoodleman
Jmh
26 posters

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game?

T@ilz
    T@ilz

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 GOMM8

: Male
     Rep6

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game?

Post by T@ilz April 12th 2010, 12:56 pm

Superdoodleman wrote:
    nuva500 wrote:I must say I whole-heartedly disagree with you. Golden Sun is (in my opinion, at least) the greatest GBA RPG, probably greatest GBA game period. The storyline was pretty good (I will give you the intro, that was a fair bit annoying). If you used djinn summons on every single enemy, then how did you use them on the next, if you had to recover them the next steps? You couldn't use djinn summons nonstop. The boss fights were amazing, some of them taking even an hour to fight (Man I hate Star Magician so much). Sorry to drag this into a topic having nothing to do with GS, but I had to say it.
    I bet the final boss in 2 turns by using the Djinn Super attacks.
    Normal enemies can be killed just by having a few djinn on standby.
    As long as you find them all, you'll be fine.
    The ONLY time I Ever got a game over or spent more tan 10 minutes in the game was fighting the Superboss. And he wasn't that hard, even.
    Also, I might add that the class swaps were totally useless. You were almost always better off with the defualt class.
    Typo!
    🤣
    codeorange

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalg10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 White10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game?

Post by codeorange April 12th 2010, 1:49 pm

Tails
    I can really see what his moveset would be like. It would be filled with tail swipes, spin dashes (just like Sonic), interesting attacks that involve Tails flying, and the like.

Bomberman
    Who? If you've played Bomberman before, you'd know what I'm talking about. Bomberman would throw bombs, four bombs at the same time (Bomberman Hero), giant sized bombs, spinning punches and kicks, and stuff like that.

Mega Man
    I can see Mega Man playing a little bit like Samus, using cannon blasts and such. He can be a good fighter too.

Honorable Mentions:
    Chuck Norris
    Afro Thunder from Ready to Rumble Boxing
    Pacman
    ^ Okay, don't take this last part seriously. lol
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz April 12th 2010, 1:52 pm

codeorange wrote:Tails
    I can really see what his moveset would be like. It would be filled with tail swipes, spin dashes (just like Sonic), interesting attacks that involve Tails flying, and the like.

Bomberman
    Who? If you've played Bomberman before, you'd know what I'm talking about. Bomberman would throw bombs, four bombs at the same time (Bomberman Hero), giant sized bombs, spinning punches and kicks, and stuff like that.

Mega Man
    I can see Mega Man playing a little bit like Samus, using cannon blasts and such. He can be a good fighter too.

Honorable Mentions:
    Chuck Norris
    Pacman

Bomberman would be awsome! Though, I can see him getting blown up if he holds a bomb for too long. Just like how you can kill yourself in the Bomberman series.
    Superdoodleman

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 12th 2010, 3:26 pm

T@ilz wrote:

Bomberman

Mega Man

Honorable Mentions:
    Chuck Norris
    Pacman

Bomberman would be awsome! Though, I can see him getting blown up if he holds a bomb for too long. Just like how you can kill yourself in the Bomberman series.
    Link can already blow himself up with bombs. As can Toon Link. Having a third person being able to that would be redundant.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz April 12th 2010, 3:28 pm

Superdoodleman wrote:
    T@ilz wrote:

Bomberman

Mega Man

Honorable Mentions:
    Chuck Norris
    Pacman

Link can already blow himself up with bombs. As can Toon Link. Having a third person being able to that would be redundant.

Then again, there are 3 people who can eat bombs:
    *Wario
    *Kirby
    *Dedede
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 VOZLn

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord April 12th 2010, 7:36 pm

nuva500 wrote:I must say I whole-heartedly disagree with you. Golden Sun is (in my opinion, at least) the greatest GBA RPG, probably greatest GBA game period. The storyline was pretty good (I will give you the intro, that was a fair bit annoying). If you used djinn summons on every single enemy, then how did you use them on the next, if you had to recover them the next steps? You couldn't use djinn summons nonstop. The boss fights were amazing, some of them taking even an hour to fight (Man I hate Star Magician so much). Sorry to drag this into a topic having nothing to do with GS, but I had to say it.
    hmm. Golden Sun was great, but I would have to say Fire Emblem for the GBA was the greatest RPG on that system. I love strategy RPGs, there are enough characters to have a different lineup each playthough and multiple endings (although they are subtle, but noticable). I still play it
    On that note, A new character from that Fire Emblem. Probably Hector or Lyn (in her case, as a player, not an assist)

Last edited by Chaos_Overlord on April 12th 2010, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 12th 2010, 7:37 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:
    hmm. Golden Sun was great, but I would have to say Fire Emblem for the GBA was the greatest RPG on that system. I love strategy RPGs, there are enough characters to have a different lineup each playthough and multiple endings (although they are subtle, but noticable). I still play it
    Fire Emblem isn't an RPG. It's a Turn-Based Tactics.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord April 12th 2010, 7:41 pm

Superdoodleman wrote:
    Chaos_Overlord wrote:
    with RPG elements. each character is different, with different stats and such. and when u lose a guy, he is gone forever. a good selection of weapons to choose from, and a RPG level story. turn based tactics is like Advance Wars, where everything can be rebuilt if it dies with no consequences
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 12th 2010, 7:53 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:
    Superdoodleman wrote:
    Chaos_Overlord wrote:
    with RPG elements. each character is different, with different stats and such. and when u lose a guy, he is gone forever. a good selection of weapons to choose from, and a RPG level story. turn based tactics is like Advance Wars, where everything can be rebuilt if it dies with no consequences
    It's still considered a Turn-Based Tactics.
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Blackr10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep3

Post by Light Dash April 12th 2010, 9:51 pm

Fire Emblem was fabulous. I've played through the entire thing like 5 times, experimenting with different characters and such.
    Army
    Army

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Blackr10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalg10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Zigzag10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army April 12th 2010, 11:06 pm

Hemlock wrote:Chuck Norris
    SUPPORT!
    *also I want, frogger, and batman!*
    Shade
    Shade

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Zigzag10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 13th 2010, 1:50 am

Copy Cat wrote:
    SUPPORT!

You also like Chuck Norris, Army?
    Army
    Army

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Blackr10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalg10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Zigzag10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army April 13th 2010, 2:08 am

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Copy Cat wrote:
    SUPPORT!

You also like Chuck Norris, Army?
    Meh, I enjoy the jokes about him.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Imagee10

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 13th 2010, 4:46 pm

I will admit, Fire Emblem is a really good series. If Golden Sun isn't the greatest (which it will forever be in my heart) then certainly Fire Emblem deserves the title.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Blackr10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalg10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 White10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz April 14th 2010, 2:06 am

Instead of listing all of our favorite characters, let's try being reasonable.

Raichu
    Besides the obviousness of being a slower-stronger Pikachu, the anime further elaborates that they are more dexterous with their tails and capable of learning more powerful non-electric attacks.

Waluigi
    Not to be a clone of any existing plumber, his lanky body type would give him a significant advantage in physical range, though probably at the cost of some speed or power, and he would have a variety of dastardly yet silly weapons at his disposal.

Bowser Jr.
    A fast Bowser, it could work. I predicted something like that for Diddy Kong before Brawl came out, but an original style would be better.

Ganondorf (with sword)
    Seriously, why is Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon again? At least a clone of Ike would have made more sense.

Phoenix (F-Zero GX)
    The last F-Zero character had a moveset made from scratch, but it ended up being more famous than the character himself. I'd love to what they could come up with for a time traveling future-cop.

Mewtwo
    Just bring him back.
    Shade
    Shade

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Zigzag10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 14th 2010, 2:25 am

Mewtwo
    Just bring him back.

I remember Mewtwo. Wasn't that the really powerful pokemon which was around Level 70 or something?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Blackr10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalg10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 White10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor April 14th 2010, 7:41 am

Roterblitz wrote:Instead of listing all of our favorite characters, let's try being reasonable.

Waluigi
    Not to be a clone of any existing plumber, his lanky body type would give him a significant advantage in physical range, though probably at the cost of some speed or power, and he would have a variety of dastardly yet silly weapons at his disposal.

Bowser Jr.
    A fast Bowser, it could work. I predicted something like that for Diddy Kong before Brawl came out, but an original style would be better.

Ganondorf (with sword)
    Seriously, why is Ganondorf a clone of Captain Falcon again? At least a clone of Ike would have made more sense.

Mewtwo
    Just bring him back.

Definitely these. Mewtwo was one of my best characters in Melee and I was pretty mad when he wasn't in Brawl. Also, I've never really understood why they bother to have Ganondorf have a sword at all in Melee or Brawl if you can't even use it for one of his B moves.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 14th 2010, 8:34 am

Definitely these. Mewtwo was one of my best characters in Melee and I was pretty mad when he wasn't in Brawl. Also, I've never really understood why they bother to have Ganondorf have a sword at all in Melee or Brawl if you can't even use it for one of his B moves.

Ganondorf probably has the sword for appearance.
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 14th 2010, 8:44 am

Erazor wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:Instead of listing all of our favorite characters, let's try being reasonable.

Waluigi

Bowser Jr.

Ganondorf (with sword)

Mewtwo
    Just bring him back.

Mewtwo was horrible. I hope they don't bring him back.
    And I like Canondorf's moveset as is, the only moves he's a clone of Falcon from are his Forward smash and his specials.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 White10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalg10Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medal13Characters You Want In The Next Super Smash Brothers Game? - Page 2 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz April 14th 2010, 10:18 am

Nintendo needs to buy Alphadream. And put Fawful in the next SSB.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 14th 2010, 10:25 am

Zezzima wrote:Nintendo needs to buy Alphadream. And put Fawful in the next SSB.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!

Well, it would mean that Nintendo had more diversity in their product range if they bought Alphadream.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz April 14th 2010, 10:28 am

Superdoodleman wrote:Mewtwo was horrible. I hope they don't bring him back.
    It's a new game, they can make him stronger. He had great animations in Melee, just give him better frame data and make him harder to KO.
    Superdoodleman wrote:And I like Ganondorf's moveset as is, the only moves he's a clone of Falcon from are his Forward smash and his specials.
    Mewtwo was horrible, but Ganondorf is horrible right now; then again so is Captain Falcon... I miss Melee.

Anyway, as a matter of context, it just makes so much more sense for him to have style closer to Ike's than CF's. But just so that style isn't lost, they could give it to Phoenix or Black Shadow; since Smash Bros doesn't take competitive balance seriously anyway, they should at least get the context right.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 14th 2010, 4:50 pm

I honestly think Raichu would be really pointless. Waluigi is a definite must, thank you for bringing that up ^_^ And Ganondorfs taunt with his sword is just mean. I mean, why point it out further that they know he could use that sword, but only looks at it instead? `stare` I dunno about bowser jr., but I guess it COULD work...
    Superdoodleman

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 14th 2010, 4:57 pm

nuva500 wrote:I honestly think Raichu would be really pointless. Waluigi is a definite must, thank you for bringing that up ^_^ And Ganondorfs taunt with his sword is just mean. I mean, why point it out further that they know he could use that sword, but only looks at it instead? `stare` I dunno about bowser jr., but I guess it COULD work...
    I wouldn't like Ganondorf's moveset with a sword. It's fine how it is. They just need to make his crap recovery better.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 14th 2010, 5:17 pm

Superdoodleman wrote:
    nuva500 wrote:I honestly think Raichu would be really pointless. Waluigi is a definite must, thank you for bringing that up ^_^ And Ganondorfs taunt with his sword is just mean. I mean, why point it out further that they know he could use that sword, but only looks at it instead? `stare` I dunno about bowser jr., but I guess it COULD work...
    I wouldn't like Ganondorf's moveset with a sword. It's fine how it is. They just need to make his crap recovery better.

How long does it take Ganondorf to recover?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content