Changes to certian characters

Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Changes to certian characters 3qll2

: Female
     Rep0

Changes to certian characters Empty Changes to certian characters

Post by Desertbabe May 23rd 2010, 9:34 pm

There are 4 (or 5) characters that I'd like to see changed personality wise.

Firstly, I'd like to see Shadow, Silver and Mephiles be a team (like a Sonic Heroes team) with Blaze as a supporting character. Because with Silver's brain and Shadow and Mephiles powerful abilities; they can get through anything and I can see them getting along with each other.

Secondly, as for Shadow, I'd like to see a more innocent but serious personality. In the games, I think the make the kid too depressing and while that's "cool" to most people, having a depressing character, to me, get's kinda boring and it sucks all the fun out of the game. And Shadow is a child; make him act like one. Dumb him down a bit and make him the cute little guy that he is.

Thirdly, I'd like to see Silver be a bit more assertive and more alert. Also, I'd like to see Shadow be a foil to him. Also, make him mostly the brains of the group.

Fourthly, make Mephiles one of the good guys. He'd be a tough guy since he's a power character.

Last, make Blaze a bit more girly and more kiddish. Make her chase after Silver in every game. I'd kinda like to see her emotionally dependent on Silver as well hence she's follow him.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Changes to certian characters Imagee10

Changes to certian characters Blackr10Changes to certian characters Medalw11Changes to certian characters Zigzag10Changes to certian characters White10Changes to certian characters Medal13Changes to certian characters Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

Changes to certian characters Empty Re: Changes to certian characters

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 23rd 2010, 10:42 pm

THE f AM I READING
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe May 24th 2010, 10:25 am

My thoughts???

Srry
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Changes to certian characters Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 24th 2010, 2:39 pm

You're reading a monologue of thoughts, Neo. Of one who thinks Mephiles is cute. A blob/crystalline creature, cute.

My monologue of thoughts is known to anyone who has ever so much as glanced at my posts on the SoA forums.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero May 24th 2010, 4:28 pm

i'm confused, how could mephilis ever be good
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe May 24th 2010, 4:46 pm

What's wrong with thinking that Mephiles is cute? Everyone thinks Shadow's cute and Mephiles looks like him :?
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 24th 2010, 4:49 pm

Actually, I think Shadow is quite ugly.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero May 24th 2010, 5:14 pm

never said he was'nt cute, i just can't see him working with the good guys
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe May 27th 2010, 4:41 pm

It can change just as Shadow did... right?
    Eivana
    Eivana

Changes to certian characters WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 28th 2010, 4:08 am

Desertbabe wrote:There are 4 (or 5) characters that I'd like to see changed personality wise.

Firstly, I'd like to see Shadow, Silver and Mephiles be a team (like a Sonic Heroes team) with Blaze as a supporting character. Because with Silver's brain and Shadow and Mephiles powerful abilities; they can get through anything and I can see them getting along with each other.

Secondly, as for Shadow, I'd like to see a more innocent but serious personality. In the games, I think the make the kid too depressing and while that's "cool" to most people, having a depressing character, to me, get's kinda boring and it sucks all the fun out of the game. And Shadow is a child; make him act like one. Dumb him down a bit and make him the cute little guy that he is.

Thirdly, I'd like to see Silver be a bit more assertive and more alert. Also, I'd like to see Shadow be a foil to him. Also, make him mostly the brains of the group.

Fourthly, make Mephiles one of the good guys. He'd be a tough guy since he's a power character.

Last, make Blaze a bit more girly and more kiddish. Make her chase after Silver in every game. I'd kinda like to see her emotionally dependent on Silver as well hence she's follow him.

Okay. Here are MY thoughts, seeing as you're going into a WAAAAY child friendly state.

Shadow was absolutely perfect in Sonic Adventure 2, and he was supposed to be dead at the end of the game. All is said that is needed for that topic. Shadow should have been fully rotted about now, his eyes turned to dust alongside with his precious Maria. But no. They had to bring him back and make him into some sort of wish-he-was badass. Having a depressing character is amazing to people like me who love tragedies and love something that doesn't end with smiles, kissing and dancing. Shadow's story in SA2 was amazing, and they should have never screwed that up for him. Or any of us fans. NOTHING about Shadow should be baby like or childish.

In fact, in my opinion, NONE of the characters should be childlike or babyish.

Mephiles? A good guy? The first villain to ever actually kill Sonic on screen in a video game, and you think he should be a good guy. Mephiles is not only dead in every plane of existence, but he is in no way a good guy in any of them that he has ever been in. That's almost like saying that Eggman should become Sonic's best buddy. It just doesn't happen like that. I can see Mephiles trying to convince Sonic and the others to join him, but only for evil. Nothing good.

We don't need another Amy, and we don't need another character to go down the same path that Rouge did. If Blaze was (God forbid) more girly and chilish, we would be seeing another character (like Rouge) go from once independent and able to take care of herself, to god awful stalking and crying and whimpering over the dude, hence making the game really annoying. I like Amy, but I don't think I could put up with two of her. Silver is the one that should be drooling over Blaze, not the other way around.

SIlver being the brains of the group would be good if he weren't so naive and childish. But that's also what Tails is for. He's supposed to be the brains of the group, hence Silver would have had no point.

What makes me so mad about all these new Sonic games is the fact that everyone has to be a team, everyone has to be a crowd. I'm so sick of seeing all of these once awesome characters have to depend on one another to survive. Go back to being alone, everyone! Christ! This isn't a mating ritual or a gang bang! Go back to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2! For Christs sake!
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe May 28th 2010, 1:12 pm

Firstly, it's not about having them depend on each other; it's more like working together to save the day. Of course, Shadow might need some help from Silver but that;s, the only dependence there is. Mephiles and Silver can pretty much be by themselves.

Blaze is not really going to be like Amy. Yeah, she chases Silver but she still has her uptightness somewhat aside from the crying when Silver's not around.

Why does it have to be Silver chasing Blaze and not Blaze chasing Silver?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Changes to certian characters Imagee10

Changes to certian characters Medalw11Changes to certian characters White10Changes to certian characters Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh May 28th 2010, 5:04 pm

I want them all to die personally.

Oh and Shadow's 50.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Changes to certian characters VOZLn

Changes to certian characters Blackr10Changes to certian characters Medalw11Changes to certian characters Medalg10Changes to certian characters White10Changes to certian characters Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz May 28th 2010, 11:10 pm

These aren't just changes, you're making these characters the exact opposite of their official versions. No offense, but if you want the characters to change that drastically you might just not like those characters.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 29th 2010, 9:43 am

Desertbabe wrote:Firstly, it's not about having them depend on each other; it's more like working together to save the day. Of course, Shadow might need some help from Silver but that;s, the only dependence there is. Mephiles and Silver can pretty much be by themselves.

Blaze is not really going to be like Amy. Yeah, she chases Silver but she still has her uptightness somewhat aside from the crying when Silver's not around.

Why does it have to be Silver chasing Blaze and not Blaze chasing Silver?

That's the boring thing. They all have to depend on each other, AKA work together, to save the day. They don't need that. That's getting old. Go back to the original hero. Other characters are nice, yes, but there needs to be a point in time when the SEGA crew says, "Hey... We're repeating ourselves! This whole teamwork thing is getting really lame."

Shadow wouldn't need help from Silver. xD Shadow can do things easily on his own terms, Shadow would be the LAST character to have any kind of dependence on anybody, especially someone as naivie as Silver. Silver is the one that would have to depend on Shadow and Blaze.

You're throwing me where you are getting Blaze's personality. Crying when Silver's not around? Sounds a little weak to me. And why would you cry every time someone was not around? That's just lame, if Blaze were like that, I would hate her, and a lot of people would hate her too. Blaze is strong and independent, someone that a guy like Silver could only dream of having or being with. Blaze isn't going to sit around and wish over Silver. I mean, sure, she may have a liking for Silver, but as far as her personality changing to a more Amy Rose perspective, how about she stays hardcore and non-obsessive?

Hmm. Like I said, there is already Amy chasing Sonic. That's their personality. Amy is the chaser, and Sonic is the runner. Blaze isn't really like that. Blaze isn't obsessive like Amy. She's not going to stalk him to the ends of the earth. Silver is the one who is wild over Blaze anyway. Silver is naive, he's not going to know how to make Blaze want him enough to chase him. So he should persue Blaze. It's just right like that. We don't need another SonAmy case, and it's cute and natural for the male to persue the female.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 29th 2010, 11:15 am

Silver isn't crazy over Blaze either, you know. It's a mutual friendship. Having either one as the chaser would really be out of character for them.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 29th 2010, 11:16 am

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:Silver isn't crazy over Blaze either, you know. It's a mutual friendship. Having either one as the chaser would really be out of character for them.

I actually did find Silver to be pretty clingy to her. I think he would do anything for her. I don't see them really chasing as much, but I can see Silver persuing quietly.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 29th 2010, 11:20 am

He was definitely more secure with her, yes. However Silver is, and always has been regardless of whether Blaze is present or not [ala the Sonic Rivals series], far more focused on trying to achieve justice than persuing a relationship. The latter is more like a by-product of the former.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 29th 2010, 11:23 am

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:He was definitely more secure with her, yes. However Silver is, and always has been regardless of whether Blaze is present or not [ala the Sonic Rivals series], far more focused on trying to achieve justice than persuing a relationship. The latter is more like a by-product of the former.

I don't believe that persuing for a relationship is his main goal, but I'm sure he would be all right with it as long as he did achieve all of his other goals. I think he would be just fine achieving justice with Blaze at his side as a silent mate if it were a choice of his. I have always thought that he had a slight want for this.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 29th 2010, 11:31 am

I just don't think Silver is the kind of guy who would actively pursue a relationship, that's all. He seems like the kind of guy where the relationships come to him as opposed to the other way around. I'm certainly not dismissing Silver/Blaze period, on the contrary I think it adds some nice depth and is pretty much the only aspect of Blaze I like, and him having a silent desire for Blaze to be with him is great, but he just wouldn't pursue it if they were made to go their seperate ways for any reason.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 29th 2010, 11:35 am

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:I just don't think Silver is the kind of guy who would actively pursue a relationship, that's all. He seems like the kind of guy where the relationships come to him as opposed to the other way around. I'm certainly not dismissing Silver/Blaze period, on the contrary I think it adds some nice depth and is pretty much the only aspect of Blaze I like, and him having a silent desire for Blaze to be with him is great, but he just wouldn't pursue it if they were made to go their seperate ways for any reason.

Oh, I understand what you're saying. I'm not, like, trying to disprove anything you say. I'm just discussing my own viewpoint on it. Like, more so how I see Silver and Blaze as characters. I see Silver is a little naive, so he isn't really sure all the time which way to go. I see sometimes he looks to Blaze for that answer if he doesn't just go ahead and charge into it headfirst. I see he is slightly sometimes dependent on Blaze, and it leads to a little crush. I see it's on his mind a lot, but he is old enough to know what is important and worrying over a relationship with Blaze can wait. I see Blaze is a little bit more too serious for that, I see she doesn't always realize what is best for her as much as what needs to be done and what is good for the rest of the world. I see Silver would kind of even that out a bit for her. You get what I'm saying?
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy May 29th 2010, 11:39 am

I do see what you're saying. Just bear in mind that another important part of Silver is that he's socially awkward too, so the 'evening' wouldn't exactly be...even.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 29th 2010, 12:13 pm

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:I do see what you're saying. Just bear in mind that another important part of Silver is that he's socially awkward too, so the 'evening' wouldn't exactly be...even.

He would probably have to force himself to say or do something then.
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe May 29th 2010, 5:25 pm

Yeah, but Sega made it so that Silver would be a crutch for her. He was the only one who accepted her when the other kids made fun of her pyrokinesis and on top of all of that; Blaze talks to Silver the most and he's the most important person in her life.

So that's why I can see Blaze perusing Silver. As for the crying over him; it would only be on a mission type situation. Blaze would be so massively depended on Silver, that she would cry if she somehow got separated from him. She'd always stick by Silver's side.

I made her this way not only because of the top sentence; but because I wanted to see her not be a stuck up Mary-Sue
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana May 29th 2010, 8:14 pm

Desertbabe wrote:Yeah, but Sega made it so that Silver would be a crutch for her. He was the only one who accepted her when the other kids made fun of her pyrokinesis and on top of all of that; Blaze talks to Silver the most and he's the most important person in her life.

So that's why I can see Blaze perusing Silver. As for the crying over him; it would only be on a mission type situation. Blaze would be so massively depended on Silver, that she would cry if she somehow got separated from him. She'd always stick by Silver's side.

I made her this way not only because of the top sentence; but because I wanted to see her not be a stuck up Mary-Sue

That's not really much of a crutch as much as acceptance. I mean, I could say the same thing. Kids in school made fun of me as a child for a skin problem I had, and this other girl with a skin condition accepted me and we have been best friends ever since. In no was was she my crutch, nor will she ever be. And the situation could be reversed. Silver is the same way with Blaze. When they are separated that is all he can really worry over. In fact, he seems more worried about it than she does.

I don't see Blaze that weak. I mean, that's almost like a child crying if they were away from their mother. Blaze is way too strong and intelligent to cry every time her best friend wasn't at her side. That's almost ridiculous. I mean, that's almost like saying, "Tails has to cry whenever Sonic isn't by his side." ((I'm not calling you ridiculous, but I would really be pissed if all Blaze did was cry if Silver wasn't there with her. That's weak and innocent and I hate those kinds of characters.)) I like Blaze having a hardass attitude. Nothing gets to her.

Just because she is dependent on herself and not drooling over Silver in no way makes her a stuck up Mary-Sue or whoever that is. That just proves that she is a woman who knows what she wants and doesn't have to use Silver as a crutch, although she could have. But no, she actually does things on her own and that is very, very awesome.
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Rep0

Post by Desertbabe May 31st 2010, 10:48 pm

Mary-Sue: a female character who is perfect in personality, traits or indestructible. (you might already know that)

To me; Blaze is a Mary-Sue. She's too perfect to me. She doesn't have a real, human personality meaning, Blaze has no flaws even though Sega has mentioned some. Yes it has been mentioned in her description, but she never shows them. It's like she never makes mistakes... you know and she's never her age.

As I said, she has no flaws and she's quick to point out everyone else's flaws... even a child's. Remember Sonic Rush Adventure?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content