Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
NeoMetalSonic
Desertbabe
8 posters

Changes to certian characters

NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Imagee10

Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Blackr10Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Medalw11Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Zigzag10Changes to certian characters - Page 2 White10Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Medal13Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes to certian characters

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 1st 2010, 5:55 am

Didn't Sonic Rush was made about her flaw?
    One of them is that she is not too trusting so she try to fix the problem all by herself
    So Sonic and cream try to tell her otherwise about friendship and love and all that bullcrap

The only time I see her as a Mary Sue is in Sonic 2006 but even then she did nothing to suggest that
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Changes to certian characters - Page 2 Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 1st 2010, 7:22 am

Eh, I see Blaze as a Mary Sue, somewhat. It's not just a matter of being a tough girl though (if it was, Rouge and Wave would be Mary Sues in my eyes), it's more to do with her warm loving reception (both in-universe and in real life) despite being so...BLAND. That's why I appreciated her interaction with Silver in Sonic '06, it at least differentiated her from the crowd in some form.
    Eivana
    Eivana

Changes to certian characters - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Eivana June 2nd 2010, 4:32 am

Desertbabe wrote:Mary-Sue: a female character who is perfect in personality, traits or indestructible. (you might already know that)

To me; Blaze is a Mary-Sue. She's too perfect to me. She doesn't have a real, human personality meaning, Blaze has no flaws even though Sega has mentioned some. Yes it has been mentioned in her description, but she never shows them. It's like she never makes mistakes... you know and she's never her age.

As I said, she has no flaws and she's quick to point out everyone else's flaws... even a child's. Remember Sonic Rush Adventure?

Oh, all right. Thanks for explaining. I never use names like that because a lot of people would have no idea what a Mary Sue was. (Kind of like me. lol)

Really, most of the time a character doesn't really need a human personality or meaning. I mean, that's what those idiots at Crystal Dynamics tried to do to Lara Croft, change her personality and make her more human, but they ended up ruining her, making her look stupid, and totally boning her personality all to hell. I think characters that are 'Mary Sue' are actually strong and independent, and that makes me like them a whole lot more. I don't want to know about their insecurities, I don't want to know about their troubles. I want to see a character who can overcome past hauntings and kick a. I don't want to see human emotions. I want to see inhumanity and the being able to be strong.

And anyway. I would rather see a badass story unfold than watch Blaze and the rest have flaws and stumble all over themselves. That's what's going wrong with video games nowadays. The companies want the main characters to have too much emotion and that's what screws up the whole series. I hate that.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 2nd 2010, 1:14 pm

Well, the relative acceptable flaw limit certainly does depend on the series at hand. I can excuse the characters in Sonic for having relatively few compared to a more human and gritty series.

I just wish she didn't borrow so much off Knuckles (with a side helping of Sonic). Let her have her own flaws and quirks, and that one case of a height phobia where Knuckles doesn't have one isn't enough!
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana June 2nd 2010, 5:24 pm

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:Well, the relative acceptable flaw limit certainly does depend on the series at hand. I can excuse the characters in Sonic for having relatively few compared to a more human and gritty series.

I just wish she didn't borrow so much off Knuckles (with a side helping of Sonic). Let her have her own flaws and quirks, and that one case of a height phobia where Knuckles doesn't have one isn't enough!

Actually, another character that I actually would have to complain about would be Knuckles. I know that he was supposed to be a bit more gullible than the others, but nowadays the series is making him look completely stupid. Like in Sonic Riders all he could care about was Storm. In Sonic '06, Knuckles was acting like a total dim witted fool. Looking around like he had no idea where he was over half the time and confused on what he needed to do. I mean, he basically needed Sonic's hand to get him through crisis. Like a baby.

I hate what they did to Knuckles. He is in DESPERATE need of a character change.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 5th 2010, 5:00 pm

At least they went and rectified that in his last story appearance. No not Sonic Chronicles (with angsty OoC Knuckles), Zero Gravity; he was still somewhat dim, but he knew the Gigan Ruins better than anyone and he was relied on to interpret the Babylonian scriptures and he barely interacted at all with Storm (if only because he was off chasing Amy). I sort of liked him there.

I was wondering if people wanted Marine's character to be toned down a bit? I personally would say no, but I'd imagine there'd be someone who would, but how would you tone her down if so?
    Eivana
    Eivana

Rep0

Post by Eivana June 5th 2010, 5:35 pm

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:At least they went and rectified that in his last story appearance. No not Sonic Chronicles (with angsty OoC Knuckles), Zero Gravity; he was still somewhat dim, but he knew the Gigan Ruins better than anyone and he was relied on to interpret the Babylonian scriptures and he barely interacted at all with Storm (if only because he was off chasing Amy). I sort of liked him there.

I was wondering if people wanted Marine's character to be toned down a bit? I personally would say no, but I'd imagine there'd be someone who would, but how would you tone her down if so?

I just don't understand why Knuckles is always around now. Back in the Sonic 3 days I imagined him to be neither good or evil, just another adversary or rival of Sonic. He was quick, strong, intelligent, and somewhat gullible. Not gullible enough to run up to Eggman and almost give him a hug, no, but. Now he's, like, Sonic's best friend moreso than Tails, running around with him, all is known about him, and he's not nearly as epic or special as he was in the old days. He used to be so mysterious and awesome. Why did they have to ruin him?
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 5th 2010, 6:53 pm

He wasn't intelligent enough to realise that the pillar he was standing on in Launch Base Zone may not have been able to withstand a launching airship. He's always been somewhat dim, hence why I phrased it like that in the ZG part, but also cunning with traps and knowledgable on certain topics. And as soon as he learned of Eggman's misdeed he immediately turned to Sonic's side; Knuckles has always been a good guy albeit one who initially didn't trust Sonic. He pretty much needed to learn to trust Sonic more and be a friend to grow as a character.

That said, there's only a certain degree with which you can take these traits and only so many times you can part him from the Emerald before it becomes LOL-worthy. Knuckles being tricked in SAdv2? LOL. Knuckles lounging in the back of a plane and a hovercar? LOL. Knuckles feeling more grief from Sonic's death than Tails? [A very morbid] LOL. Basically, some parts of his current character are justified, others are fueled by the insistance that he gets into every game thus suffer as a consequence. That's why even though Tails is my favourite character, I don't think that he needs to be in every game available, since it's just cementing his more one-dimensional deux ex machina personality.
    Xshadowclawx
    Xshadowclawx

Rep0

Post by Xshadowclawx June 14th 2010, 7:50 pm

Shadow is not 50, but he was made 50 years ago, but he never lived or most of them. He was in a state of suspended animation for most of them. So he is preety much 5 and HOT..... I sorta resent those who HATE him... if you think hes ugly I don't care, but to hate him! What's there to hate?! He has a crushed life and could use a friend! That would be the only change to him I wold make, give him GOOD friends! Srry for the rant guys.... Facepalm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content