The ancient lands.

5 posters

Chris Thorndyke in a video game

Poll

Do you want Chris Thorndyke in a video game?

[ 1 ]
    Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_le119%Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_ri11 [9%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_le1182%Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_ri11 [82%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_le119%Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_ri11 [9%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_le110%Chris Thorndyke in a video game Bar_ri11 [0%] 

Total Votes: 11
    The Viceroy

Chris Thorndyke in a video game WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

Chris Thorndyke in a video game Empty Chris Thorndyke in a video game

Post by The Viceroy June 13th 2010, 5:58 am

Be logical people, everyone gets better with age and so will Chris as a 24 or 26 year old man.

Set up: I fully support Christopher Thorndyke. I did not like how in Sonic X season 3 Chris was turned back into a kid, he didn’t even get a chance to use the Karate Mr. Tanaka taught him and the open ending at the end of the series was a let down for him and Cosmo's Legacy (her kid).

It would be a damn shame for someone with such totally awesome hair and potential to just fade away.
    At the end of Sonic X season 3 Chris making it back home is not confirmed only implied, something could have gone horribly wrong. My video game pitch is instead of just going back home he ends up in the world of “Skies of Arcadia 2: Legacy of the Dark Moon”! coolguy

Stranded on Moon Stone Lake or Inverse Isle, he arrives nearly naked from rapid aging while wearing his kid cloths after his rushed departure from Sonics’ world. He wonders “what the hell have I done?” He would make a great person for opening tutorials since he would not even be from the world entirely. Who knows I hope he can be as a dimensional traveler, moving from game universes just trying to get home as a consequence for selfishly going to Sonics’ world alone.

Last edited by The Viceroy on June 20th 2010, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Chris Thorndyke in a video game 56qtD

Chris Thorndyke in a video game Medalw11Chris Thorndyke in a video game Medal13

Rep16

Chris Thorndyke in a video game Empty Re: Chris Thorndyke in a video game

Post by Super Racer Z June 19th 2010, 4:26 am

The no should be in capital bold letters and have five or more exclamation points proceeding it. It's the only way I could feel happy to press no, and I hate when others use all caps and multiple exclamation points.

I absolutely hope Chris never touches another form of Sonic media. With the way he was shown in Sonic X, to me he was a whiny young brat who had an annoying voice and a knack for stealing the glory and stealing roles. While he only did the former in early and later episodes which didn't follow game stories, the way he constantly butted in and needlessly changed the way things felt and unfolded in the Sonic adventure sagas absolutely boiled my blood.
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 19th 2010, 3:18 pm

Human hating Sonic “fans” do not understand how story telling is supposed to work. He had to be made vulnerable (12 year old kid), relatable (had fears of being alone and parent problems), have a big enough place for Sonic and his friends to stay (his mansion) and for Tails R&D (his wealth), and besides all of the Characters had equal screen time.

This will also tie up what I felt was an open ending in Sonic X season 3. Doing this might even make Cosmo’s legacy (her kid) appear in a Sonic video game.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Chris Thorndyke in a video game Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 20th 2010, 9:16 am

He's already been in one. :3
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 20th 2010, 9:56 am

That cameo in Sonic Adventure DX was just an advertisement for the show. If your not going to be serious don’t post, it only makes me look more professional and competent.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 20th 2010, 10:38 am

That's not the game I was on about, amateur. :P
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 20th 2010, 1:05 pm

*Checks Google*… *Checks Yahoo*… If you’re going to prove me wrong that Chris appears in something other than SA DX “I’m waiting” on your information and source…
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 20th 2010, 1:16 pm

All that research and you can't even find something as simple as a game actually called Sonic X? Check eBay or something if you're really stuck!
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 20th 2010, 1:48 pm

“Leapster Sonic X”? A learning game? :!!: I was expecting something with a little more weight since this is the first time I heard about it (Probably for a good reason). I’m asking for adult Chris to appear in a video game not kid Chris.

Edit: Thank you Sweet_Savannah_Charmy for letting me know Chris also cameos in something other then SA DX. Embarassed

Last edited by The Viceroy on June 28th 2010, 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 20th 2010, 1:57 pm

It's a game, much in the same way that Sonic's Schoolhouse, Tails and the Music Maker and Sonic's Gameworld are also games. True, it's not exactly the high-adrenaline action of the classics nor the 3D games, but you have to make do! :D

Besides, since Sonic Spinball has been said to 'not count' by SEGA themselves, Mean Bean Machine is a Puyo Puyo clone and Sonic Underground is an electronic LED game, Sonic X has the most weight out of all the cartoon-based games!

As for a game of series 3, it'd be quite hard to do, actually. I mean, they could do an SC:DB style thing for the space travel and stuff, but things like Episode 59...are harder.
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 24th 2010, 12:34 am

*Sigh* I at least wanted to get the idea in the air to see if SEGA might be interest in the proposal. You will never know until you try, right? He has so much potential as an adult and I’m disappointed I could not see that potential.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Chris Thorndyke in a video game GOMM8

Rep6

Post by T@ilz June 24th 2010, 11:53 am

Chris is a very uneeded cartoon character, my friend.
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 24th 2010, 7:17 pm

SEGA Japan might actually like the idea since no one has brought this up bofore. (And doing this might make SEGA finally address that open ending in Sonic X.) It’s still a cool idea.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Chris Thorndyke in a video game Imagee10

Chris Thorndyke in a video game Medalw11Chris Thorndyke in a video game White10Chris Thorndyke in a video game Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 26th 2010, 9:43 am

@ The person who voted yes.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy June 26th 2010, 5:02 pm

Oh shush Justice.

But it is known that season three has never been aired in Japan, right?
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 26th 2010, 10:05 pm

Yes you are correct, only 52 episodes (seasons 1 and 2) aired in Japan.
    -Source from Wikipedia
    The Viceroy

Rep0

Post by The Viceroy June 28th 2010, 1:54 pm

The Justice Striker wrote:@ The person who voted yes.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I only put up the poll because I was curious what people would think about the idea of Christopher Thorndyke having a role in a video game, but since the poll only accounts for the people on sonicommunity who actually take the time to vote and it does not include the opinions of other countries or even the staff members at SEGA the results are not truly accurate. I won’t let preliminary results get me down.

Sweet_Savannah_Charmy wrote:It's a game, much in the same way that Sonic's Schoolhouse, Tails and the Music Maker and Sonic's Gameworld are also games. True, it's not exactly the high-adrenaline action of the classics nor the 3D games, but you have to make do! :D

Besides, since Sonic Spinball has been said to 'not count' by SEGA themselves, Mean Bean Machine is a Puyo Puyo clone and Sonic Underground is an electronic LED game, Sonic X has the most weight out of all the cartoon-based games!

As for a game of series 3, it'd be quite hard to do, actually. I mean, they could do an SC:DB style thing for the space travel and stuff, but things like Episode 59...are harder.
    Your right, since Sonic X carries more weight compared to the other animated Sonic cartoons that is why I’m asking to see if SEGA will do the idea. But because of the drama in episode 78 I hope Chris will end up in a non-Sonic video game and since he’ll be with other humans he can do more, my preferred choice is Skies of Arcadia 2 (if it ever gets a sequel).

If they do this for Chris maybe Dr. Eggman can finally have Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun as regulars at his side because even a mad genius needs help conquering the universe.

Video game Dr. Eggman can just build Decoe and Bocoe but I hope they make Bokkun a dark Chao since that would make much more sense because he eats sweets. Maybe he can even be that dark chao that throws bombs at you in the Sonic Heroes special stages.

Edit: Thank you Sweet_Savannah_Charmy for letting me know Chris also cameos in something other then SA DX. Embarassed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content