Desertbabe
Auflodern
Shade
21 posters

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic?

Poll

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic

[ 12 ]
    Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Bar_le1134%Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Bar_ri11 [34%] 
    [ 23 ]
    Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Bar_le1166%Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Bar_ri11 [66%] 

Total Votes: 35
    Shade
    Shade

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? VOZLn

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Zigzag10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13

: Male
     Rep2

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Empty Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic?

Post by Shade July 16th 2010, 6:47 am

I personally prefer Silver, as he seems like a marginally more interesting character than Sonic, but Sonic also has his many good points. However, Silver just somehow manages to find the charm, so I would prefer him.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Zigzag10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? White10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13

Rep26

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Empty Re: Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic?

Post by Auflodern July 16th 2010, 9:04 am

I like Sonic but I always find anyone who isn't him better
    Desertbabe
    Desertbabe

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? 3qll2

: Female
     Rep0

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Empty Re: Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic?

Post by Desertbabe July 16th 2010, 10:04 am

Even though Sonic is the star... and don't get me wrong, I like the kid; however, if I had to chose between Sonic and Silver, then I'd chose Silver.

Why? Because he's not a stereotypical teen. Sonic's got a cool-ish stereotypical teenage boy attitude, which I can forgive because he's the star. Silver stuck out to me more than the blue blur himself. He shows alot of compassion for the people he is trying to save. Also, he's got a realistic personality that people can relate to. Also, he's one that will stand up for you and accept you for who you are as a person.

Not only that, but his intelligence stands out more than Sonic's. So that's why, Silver gets my vote and my respect.

BTW: Sonic gets my respect to...
    Shade
    Shade

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Zigzag10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 16th 2010, 2:57 pm

Desertbabe wrote:Even though Sonic is the star... and don't get me wrong, I like the kid; however, if I had to chose between Sonic and Silver, then I'd chose Silver.

Why? Because he's not a stereotypical teen. Sonic's got a cool-ish stereotypical teenage boy attitude, which I can forgive because he's the star. Silver stuck out to me more than the blue blur himself. He shows alot of compassion for the people he is trying to save. Also, he's got a realistic personality that people can relate to. Also, he's one that will stand up for you and accept you for who you are as a person.

Not only that, but his intelligence stands out more than Sonic's. So that's why, Silver gets my vote and my respect.

BTW: Sonic gets my respect to...

You've got a good point. This is why I also would choose Silver (and which is why I also prefer Shadow to Sonic) due to the fact that he is not a stereotypical teen, and this adds to the interest of the character in question. This is also why characters such as Amy and Tails are also liked by me.
    Bria
    Bria

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Bria July 22nd 2010, 8:21 am

Sonic, plain and simple. Why? Well I grew up with the games as a child and he was my favorite video game character. Sonic may have an unrealistic character but I still think he's awesome. I liked that he wouldn't back down, no matter the situation he was in. He's unnaturally kind and even though he also has Chaos abilities he rarely uses them. As a kid his 'Never give up' personality gave me a lot of motivation, as silly as that may sound.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? ZtZYh

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Blackr10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Zigzag10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? White10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 22nd 2010, 10:56 am

Sonic is actually a very interesting character. He is deep and thoughtful, but almost never lets this show, hiding under the "stereotypical" attitude. He can get angry and annoyed and mad, but he almost never does when in the presence of other, even villains. That's a really interesting point in that Sonic will occasionally hide his true feelings on something rather than talk about them.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade July 22nd 2010, 1:49 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Sonic is actually a very interesting character. He is deep and thoughtful, but almost never lets this show, hiding under the "stereotypical" attitude. He can get angry and annoyed and mad, but he almost never does when in the presence of other, even villains. That's a really interesting point in that Sonic will occasionally hide his true feelings on something rather than talk about them.

I didn't know that. I guess that there's a lot more to Sonic than meets the eye.
    Bria
    Bria

Rep0

Post by Bria July 23rd 2010, 2:34 am

He's shown it a few times. He will hide pain/injuries and I can't recall a scene where he actually cries (disregarding the comics/shows). He usually tries to just move on. He's been irritated at times and impatient but real rage is probably something he doesn't try to show.
    Link451
    Link451

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 July 23rd 2010, 4:17 pm

Sonic. He's blue, superfast, the hero, been my favorite since the first game I played and has a cool, confident and tough personality. I like Silver a lot too, though. He's definitely in my top 5.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy July 23rd 2010, 5:56 pm

Silver! While I would say that's it natural since he fits into my particular stereotype of interest, he's a much older (character age-wise) and more grit-orientated twist on it. I used to loathe Sonic with a passion, but that was because his character before his development in later games (like, say, Zero Gravity/Unleashed onwards) bore an unsettling resemblence to a kid I knew who sexually harassed me in high school. His character now is more interesting as well as less un-nerving!
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Zigzag10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? White10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 23rd 2010, 7:47 pm

Announcer: Hello and welcome to the Voting booth. The scores are very tied here at four all... and frankly that's all we had to update you on... So to fill our 30 minute time frame I am going to do massive amounts of pot and you the viewer will get to see what happens next! STAY TUNED!
    Silverthehedgehog49
    Silverthehedgehog49

Rep0

Post by Silverthehedgehog49 July 28th 2010, 7:07 pm

I can't choose they are so awesome!
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 28th 2010, 7:53 pm

Silverthehedgehog49 wrote:I can't choose they are so awesome!

"God here! Go with your username!!! God out."
    supersonic2010
    supersonic2010

Rep0

Post by supersonic2010 July 31st 2010, 2:55 pm

me is sonic, the dude got alot to him... hes fast original and he got a good modo: keep on running... live life to the fullest and let the wind guide you! i look at sonic and he just does as he does, breaking rules every now and then, getting annoyed... but if you look deep in thim, hes a very interesting character!!!
    IceClaw
    IceClaw

Rep0

Post by IceClaw July 31st 2010, 10:13 pm

Silver!
    SMS Skull Leader
    SMS Skull Leader

Rep0

Post by SMS Skull Leader August 9th 2010, 12:46 pm

Sonic, he always reminds me of Isamu Alva Dyson from Macross Plus, justv as Isamu always reminds me of Sonic.

Silver would get more respect from me if:

a) he could be anything other than a hedgehog (only place for two: blue & pink).

b) would not have stolen the spotlight in Sonic's 15th birthday.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Imagee10

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? White10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 9th 2010, 1:16 pm

Picking Silver over Sonic? What is wrong with you people?!
    AuraTheHedgehog
    AuraTheHedgehog

Rep0

Post by AuraTheHedgehog September 2nd 2010, 8:06 am

Silver, definately. I don't know why, but to me Sonic just seems very annoying and at times it can hardly seem like he's truely the main hero. Of course that's mainly SEGA's fault I guess, making him dumber and giving more spotlight to newer characters. But anyways, I'd choose Silver over Sonic any day.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? White10

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 2nd 2010, 10:43 am

I love Silver's dynamic a whole lot more that Sonic, but Sonic's cocky attitude and will to always do good, kind of win out.

Sonic's attitude separates Sonic from all other heroes, but it seems like nowadays, Sonic doesn't have his attitude anymore. In Unleashed, even with all those cutscenes, Sonic's cocky "I'm the Hero" attitude didn't even show up. His attitude seems to only be intact in the ArchieSonic canon nowadays...

Silver's dynamic of being a time traveller is good in it's own right, and his being naive adds to it, but for some reason, SEGASonic Silver is just boring. I prefer his Archie counterpart much more.

So, which one do I prefer?

It's a tough gambit, but I'd have to say Sonic. Main character, cocky hero, and speed demon.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Imagee10

Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Blackr10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalw11Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medalg10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? White10Who do you prefer, Silver or Sonic? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 4th 2010, 1:48 pm

If Sonic still had some of that attitude that made him famous, maybe I'd pick him. But that's not the case.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade September 6th 2010, 11:55 am

Erazor wrote:If Sonic still had some of that attitude that made him famous, maybe I'd pick him. But that's not the case.

Sonic still has a lot of attitude, even now.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 6th 2010, 4:24 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Erazor wrote:If Sonic still had some of that attitude that made him famous, maybe I'd pick him. But that's not the case.

In ArchieSonic. In SEGASonic, he's becoming more and more like Mario. Not saying Mario's a bad character, but Sonic's snarky personality has fallen from importance in the SEGASonic canon. I believe Chronicles was the most decent portrayal in recent years.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade September 8th 2010, 10:52 am

Hayzer wrote:
    Sweet Silence wrote:

In ArchieSonic. In SEGASonic, he's becoming more and more like Mario. Not saying Mario's a bad character, but Sonic's snarky personality has fallen from importance in the SEGASonic canon. I believe Chronicles was the most decent portrayal in recent years.

How is Sonic becoming like Mario? As far as I can see, he hasn't yet acquired an italian accent.
    Sonamy43
    Sonamy43

Rep3

Post by Sonamy43 September 9th 2010, 8:04 pm

I prefer Sonic. I DO like Silver, though. But SONIC PWNS!! ☮
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Rep0

Post by Hayzer September 10th 2010, 2:52 pm

Sweet Silence wrote:
    Hayzer wrote:

How is Sonic becoming like Mario? As far as I can see, he hasn't yet acquired an italian accent.

He's becoming "Mario," as in an "all around good guy with no inherent flaws." Sonic's briskness, arrogant demeanor, and cocky "I'll do what I want" attitude has disappeared since the Adventures. Now Sonic is the hero for the sake of being the hero. There's no snarkiness anymore at all. He's become a dumb bland "hero that does good because he's a good guy." That's not what he's supposed to be. He's supposed to be a "cocky, arrogant hero that does good because of his hate for injustice." It's huge character derailment. And I hate it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content