Zezima
    Zezima
    Adeio Vasilia
    Adeio Vasilia

2nd Death Blackr102nd Death White102nd Death 2nio02t

Rep80

2nd Death Empty 2nd Death

Post by Zezima October 31st 2010, 11:22 pm

Let's not dance around the issue. This place is dying. Decaying. Rotting. Pick your descriptive poison. I doubt this topic won't even get enough replies to make two pages worth of pointless banter. We've died once, and we can attribute that to The Sonic Family, if anyone reading this just happens to be loyal enough to have remembered that ordeal. This time, we have no one to blame but ourselves. We've stopped advertising, stopped posting, stopped participating, stopped caring. You can't just say "Oh, we're not dead yet, don't be that way", because, most likely, you haven't posted as of late either. You can't qualify SM bumping every post within reach as activity, the same way you would label someone pumping another person's heart to give a feigned impetus.

So, what does this all mean for us? It means we're circling the drain, we're finding just enough material to pretend everything's all right. We can't rely on each other for activity anymore. If you're going to post a few topics here and there, and then leave, just don't bother posting at all, we don't want your charity. All right, I've described our situation, what can we do about it? You either get out there and ask people to spread the word, start posting and contributing yourself, or leave, with no departure topic, because that's in the rules. You know, that one page no one looks at? Yeah, so, after SM, and maybe a few staff members reply to this topic, and nothing happens, how's about we just call it quits? If you're not going to do anything after two years, swell. Just don't act like you're about to.

tl;dr?

No activity, give us some.
    Ultimate Gamer
    Ultimate Gamer

2nd Death WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

2nd Death Empty Re: 2nd Death

Post by Ultimate Gamer October 31st 2010, 11:29 pm

Welp. Going out and making topics about any forum to advertise will get you banned in some places. I honestly don't know what to do about getting this place activity, hypocrite myself because I rarely show up.

I guess you can create a little banner and flaunt it around in your sigs all over the internet. I doubt that would warrant some attention, though.

So in general, if this place dies..again. Then yeah. A foundation can be rebuilt given the right time.
    Trespasser
    Trespasser

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Trespasser October 31st 2010, 11:36 pm

D: oh no
    Must post!
    HVAC

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by HVAC October 31st 2010, 11:46 pm

It's not that I've forgotten, it's just that I've really lost intrest in Sonic in general.. the sonic fanbase, the sonic games, the sonic anime/tv shows.

They've all gone down the tubes, and so has my respect for anything sonic related.

The sonic fanbase has well.. what is the sonic fanbase anymore really? they don't know what they want, they complain about everything, and most seem extremely immature. The games have turned into more of a joke. and whatever TV shows there were are dead and gone, and most of them were terrible when they were being aired..

So it's nothing personal, I just lost intrest in it all. I'm finding more productive activites to use my time with, Sonic just doesn't fit anymore.
    Army
    Army

2nd Death VOZLn

2nd Death Blackr102nd Death Medalw112nd Death Medalg102nd Death Zigzag102nd Death Medal132nd Death Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army October 31st 2010, 11:52 pm

HVAC wrote:It's not that I've forgotten, it's just that I've really lost intrest in Sonic in general.. the sonic fanbase, the sonic games, the sonic anime/tv shows.

They've all gone down the tubes, and so has my respect for anything sonic related.

The sonic fanbase has well.. what is the sonic fanbase anymore really? they don't know what they want, they complain about everything, and most seem extremely immature. The games have turned into more of a joke. and whatever TV shows there were are dead and gone, and most of them were terrible when they were being aired..

So it's nothing personal, I just lost intrest in it all. I'm finding more productive activites to use my time with, Sonic just doesn't fit anymore.
    I don't think you could have much interest in the first place with only 3 post :mrgreen:
    HVAC

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by HVAC October 31st 2010, 11:54 pm

thats exactly it, I was invited to join when I was losing intrest in the entire sonic franchise...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

2nd Death ZtZYh

2nd Death Blackr102nd Death Medalw112nd Death Zigzag102nd Death White102nd Death Medal132nd Death 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 1st 2010, 12:34 am

I'm going to poke you with a stick. Don't call out the sign of a second death like that. Really bad for the forum.
    Even IF the forum dies down in activity, that doesn't mean the forum is dead, nor should you call the reaper over. Just chillax; if it goes, then sadly it goes, and it's best to enjoy the time you have. If it's salvageable, which we know it is, then you do what you can to keep it alive.
    We both know you ran into advertising issues, and as such made things hard for us. But even if the world is falling apart, drill on, reach for the heavens like always, and believe in you who believes in yourself.
    Who the heck do you think we are?! We are The Sonic Community! A real forum never dies, even when it's killed!
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

2nd Death Imagee10

2nd Death White102nd Death Medalg102nd Death Medal132nd Death Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz November 1st 2010, 12:55 am

Mainly, I'm here so much because, due to all the updates, it's been getting progressively harder for me to see all the icons, as it is all I can see is text. It just looks really dank and dismal, everything being black.
    SonShadSilv003
    SonShadSilv003

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by SonShadSilv003 November 1st 2010, 1:20 am

Hmm, it's not that I've forgotten, it's just I've been really busy recently. I only have enough time to quickly check my e-mail. Writing Sonic fanfiction is another thing I have to give up much to my dissatisfaction. I was able to create a Sonic OC in my scedule, I think I'll post his profile on this site. Well, it's unfortanate to hear the status on this site. If it does die, I had much fun with it.
    Shadow
    Shadow

2nd Death Kz2PK

2nd Death Blackr10

Rep2

Post by Shadow November 1st 2010, 4:34 am

I don't really post that much anymore because I kind of don't play Sonic games that much anymore. I tried Sonic 4 and didn't get much out of it and even before that I was starting to not like the franchise as much. I pop in here every so often though, so it would kind of be sad to loose this place.

Also, banter was in the op so does anyone remember this member that really liked Shadow? Her username was something like Shadow's girl or something like that. Is she still here?
    t5in
    t5in

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by t5in November 1st 2010, 4:55 am

Well I kinda miss the old times when Sonic sprites and all these games and flash movies were being made and all this art and stuff but nowadays things have kinda died down, we're getting old and the old days when sonic was better is going away, granted I really wish I could get interest back in, I'm still a die hard fan but I'm finding it hard to find stuff that interests me, the fan base is kinda going stale to me

and indeffinatly I've not posted much but most of the reason is because theres not much interest on here I want to see comics that involve actually having a fan character in it, I've gone and made a whole sprite sheet of my fan character and I have nothing to use him for, I think we should find the interests of everyone and then push towards those interests

I don't have much forums to post advertisement onto but I'll see what I can find and I'll try to be more active. If I didn't only have SM to talk too, he's not exactly the kinda guy I want to talk to for a long time, think of it as Charmy trying to talk to Shadow
    Shade
    Shade

2nd Death VOZLn

2nd Death Medalw112nd Death Zigzag102nd Death Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade November 1st 2010, 5:01 am

Zezima wrote:Let's not dance around the issue. This place is dying. Decaying. Rotting. Pick your descriptive poison. I doubt this topic won't even get enough replies to make two pages worth of pointless banter. We've died once, and we can attribute that to The Sonic Family, if anyone reading this just happens to be loyal enough to have remembered that ordeal. This time, we have no one to blame but ourselves. We've stopped advertising, stopped posting, stopped participating, stopped caring. You can't just say "Oh, we're not dead yet, don't be that way", because, most likely, you haven't posted as of late either. You can't qualify SM bumping every post within reach as activity, the same way you would label someone pumping another person's heart to give a feigned impetus.

So, what does this all mean for us? It means we're circling the drain, we're finding just enough material to pretend everything's all right. We can't rely on each other for activity anymore. If you're going to post a few topics here and there, and then leave, just don't bother posting at all, we don't want your charity. All right, I've described our situation, what can we do about it? You either get out there and ask people to spread the word, start posting and contributing yourself, or leave, with no departure topic, because that's in the rules. You know, that one page no one looks at? Yeah, so, after SM, and maybe a few staff members reply to this topic, and nothing happens, how's about we just call it quits? If you're not going to do anything after two years, swell. Just don't act like you're about to.

tl;dr?

I'm still active (as you mentioned in the article). Anyway, you've got a point there.

Guys, we need to be more active. I remember the time (back in March, I think?) when the forum was very active. Let's go back to those days. We can't say that the forum is dead. This is the most important forum in my life, and there's no way I'll sit back and let it die. I don't really know what I would do without it. I think all it takes to revive the forum is a little willpower. So... come on, guys, let's get some activity.
    Cosmo The Seedrian
    Cosmo The Seedrian

2nd Death Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Cosmo The Seedrian November 1st 2010, 8:03 am

Zezima wrote:Let's not dance around the issue. This place is dying. Decaying. Rotting. Pick your descriptive poison. I doubt this topic won't even get enough replies to make two pages worth of pointless banter. We've died once, and we can attribute that to The Sonic Family, if anyone reading this just happens to be loyal enough to have remembered that ordeal. This time, we have no one to blame but ourselves. We've stopped advertising, stopped posting, stopped participating, stopped caring. You can't just say "Oh, we're not dead yet, don't be that way", because, most likely, you haven't posted as of late either. You can't qualify SM bumping every post within reach as activity, the same way you would label someone pumping another person's heart to give a feigned impetus.

tl;dr?

This place can't die! This is the best Sonic site I found!
    statistix
    statistix

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by statistix November 1st 2010, 9:02 am

OK, here's the deal...

Sonic's veteran fans are getting disgusted by the community that is starting to surround him or just don't have the time to go around the forums anymore and for the "new" fanbase this site just isn't popular enough - they probably don't even know the site exists...

All in all what the new fanbase wants is that SEGA listens to their ideas and applies them in new Sonic games so they go to SEGA's own forums or Sonic stadium and spam their ideas there - because those sites are some of the best known sonic sites out there!

I admit I haven't been active here... at all... but I do read topics I find interesting and I will reply if I feel necessary and so far... I just haven't felt the need to do it.
    I mean the forum was good and interesting when I recently joined but then it just... died.

You can draw your own conclusions from this.
    Erazor
    Erazor

2nd Death Imagee10

2nd Death Blackr102nd Death Medalw112nd Death Medalg102nd Death White102nd Death Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor November 1st 2010, 11:01 am

We get a new post like this every few months. The site is fine.
    montage
    montage

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by montage November 1st 2010, 11:27 am

of course this site is dying!
    sonic forums suck!
    its just a place for sega nerds to rant and complain about sonic games!
    wether its about classic or new age sonic games all it is, is one negative post after another!
    so if your wondering why i don't use sonic forums anymore: i can't stand the sheer quantity of negativity.
    good bye

Jmh
    Jmh

2nd Death Imagee10

2nd Death Medalw112nd Death White102nd Death Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh November 1st 2010, 12:20 pm

If Sonic Colors is good expect me to be more involved with the fanbase as I once was. Also I'm surprised this topic got this many replies from various users that don't even go on at all. I also agree with Freedom and Erazor. This site isn't dieing, and quite frankly Zez I'm surprised that you would suggest it considering how you told me never to speak of such a thing.
    Reina Watt
    Reina Watt

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Reina Watt November 1st 2010, 12:29 pm

I just don't have a lot to talk about when it comes to the Sonic games, or of anything in general, I tend to read/listen more than I talk.
    Shade
    Shade

2nd Death VOZLn

2nd Death Medalw112nd Death Zigzag102nd Death Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade November 1st 2010, 12:37 pm

Reina Watt wrote:I just don't have a lot to talk about when it comes to the Sonic games, or of anything in general, I tend to read/listen more than I talk.

Whoa, Reina, you're back! I haven't seen you in a long time.
    Reina Watt
    Reina Watt

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Reina Watt November 1st 2010, 12:45 pm

I know. I just don't have a lot to say in general so I read or don't appear for a long time so that I don't go being a pain by just saying any old thing.
    dynastygal

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by dynastygal November 1st 2010, 1:37 pm

Well I got an email so I'm back I guess.
    Reina Watt
    Reina Watt

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Reina Watt November 1st 2010, 1:43 pm

The tricky thing with posting anything is having anything to talk about that hasn't already been mentioned.
    Ragrappy99
    Ragrappy99

2nd Death WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Ragrappy99 November 1st 2010, 2:27 pm

I don't even remember signing up to this forum, but I followed a link in an email I got and read the post anyway.

Zezima wrote:If you're going to post a few topics here and there, and then leave, just don't bother posting at all, we don't want your charity. ... You either get out there and ask people to spread the word, start posting and contributing yourself, or leave, with no departure topic, because that's in the rules ... No activity, give us some.

I'm probably missing something here due to having never posted but.. you sound like an a*s. "Don't want your charity"? This is a Sonic forum, how much commitment are you expecting from members here? If I was a member who had forgotten about this forum and then returned to read this, I would never visit again.

Anyhow, since I don't have any recollection of signing up here, this is just 2 cents from someone who is seeing this forum for the "first time".

Good luck with keeping this community alive.
    Cosmo The Seedrian
    Cosmo The Seedrian

2nd Death Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Cosmo The Seedrian November 1st 2010, 3:49 pm

montage wrote:of course this site is dying!
    sonic forums suck!
    its just a place for sega nerds to rant and complain about sonic games!
    wether its about classic or new age sonic games all it is, is one negative post after another!
    so if your wondering why i don't use sonic forums anymore: i can't stand the sheer quantity of negativity.
    good bye

If it sucks why are you here?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

2nd Death VOZLn

2nd Death Medalw112nd Death Zigzag102nd Death White102nd Death Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern November 1st 2010, 3:49 pm

I'll sacrifice myself if I have to Commissar Zezima! *slams fist into chest* I will not surrender comrades and neither should you!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content