The ancient lands.

5 posters

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I?

T-Man
    T-Man

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Empty So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I?

Post by T-Man March 2nd 2011, 5:12 pm

If there is already a thread like this, then please merge/close my thread.

Anyway, Sonic 4: Episode II is now on the way, and it seems like it might just fix a lot of the problems many of us had with the first episode. Still, on the whole, what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I?

Personally, I quite enjoyed it. I thought that they added enough new to keep it from feeling like a rehash even as it used the old level themes. The overuse of boosters was uncalled for, but the game still had enough platforming to satisfy me. I also liked the sountrack a lot. As for the physics, they're undeniably bad, that's for sure, (I wasn't bothered as much by the lack of inertia as I was by Sonic's sticky shoes) but they don't keep the game from being fun in my opinion. If I were to rate it, it would be an 8/10.

Oh, and please oh please keep the "green eyes vs. black eyes/old Sonic vs. new Sonic" debate out of this thread. That means YOU, Sonic Adventure 2. <_<
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? WFmvl

Rep0

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Empty Re: So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I?

Post by Schismatist March 2nd 2011, 5:17 pm

I don't think anything of the game. Why? Because I just don't want to play it anymore, 2010 was a great year for gamers and this year will be too, Sonic 4 Episode 1 just became a decent game that didn't matter to me after I 100% it.
    Phantom
    Phantom

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? VOZLn

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Medal13

Rep11

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Empty Re: So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I?

Post by Phantom March 3rd 2011, 12:28 am

I enjoyed it as well. Yes, it's relatively short, but it was fun and that's all that mattered with me. I wans't really expecting the end-all-be-all of the whole Sonic series as we know it, just a fun game, and that's what I got.

Stylistically, the game picks up very well from what the Genesis Sonic games established. The visuals are bright and colorful, every other stage has a unique gimmick to utilize (from zip-lines to flying ramps of cards, which I really loved), and Bosses that ramped up the challenge. Yes, they were pretty much do-overs from previous games, but they did add a few new things here and there that kept me on edge.

I also really liked the idea of triggering Super Sonic at will rather than just hitting jump once and accidentally going Super.

If there's anything I'd change, it's a few issues with the controls. Sonic drops like a stone in midair once I took my thumb off the D-pad. While it did actually save me once from getting hurt, most of the time it was really distracting. Also, although the music was really catchy, I can't help but think that the same instruments/synth settings were used in the whole game. A little more variety there would be nice.

Jmh
    Jmh

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Imagee10

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Medalw11So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? White10So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 10th 2011, 4:03 am

I enjoyed it and play it every now and then for the Wii (I like the Wii version a lot more than the 360 version). I think it was a little too short for it's price though, and could have better physics considering that's why the game was delayed. But Super Sonic was pretty cool and the Metal Sonic teaser at the end made it all worth while.

Overall I'd give it an 8/10.
    sykog
    sykog

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Imagee10

So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Blackr10So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Medalw11So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Medalg10So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Zigzag10So what did you think of Sonic 4: Episode I? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog April 8th 2011, 1:27 am

I was disappointed by how short it was, and the mechanics aren't nearly as smooth as the Genisis games, but I still had a fun time playing it. It might have the best special stages of any Sonic game. I'll give it a 7/10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content