Sonic Adventure 2
Jmh
Nnoitra Hushimo
10 posters

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic"

Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" 56qtD

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Empty Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic"

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 6th 2011, 7:37 pm

I don't like the whole idea. I mean I've already had to get used to Modern Sonic for about 13 years now (from SA), and I have gotten used to him, but do they really want to get rid of the current Sonic? To me it just seems silly that they would even want to do that. Sonic is already fine in his current state, but I guess I can't stop SEGA from changing him. I guess as long as he's still a blue hedeghog and every one of his friends are still in the series, I guess I'll be fine with it I suppose. I'll resort to shooters and RPGs my whole life if it just sucks, I could be fine with that...
    Jmh
    Jmh

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Imagee10

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" White10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13

Rep67

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Empty Re: Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic"

Post by Jmh November 6th 2011, 8:37 pm

Who said they're changing Sonic?
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalg10

Rep35

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Empty Re: Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic"

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 6th 2011, 9:08 pm

Well pardon me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been hearing lately about the new game coming out, that's what I've been enterpreting.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 November 6th 2011, 9:10 pm

Wait, there's a new Sonic? Sonic, the blue hedgehog who died in like 2006? Is that who you're talking about? Yeah, never heard of him.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 6th 2011, 10:29 pm

Idk what to tell ya...
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Blackr10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Zigzag10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" White10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic November 6th 2011, 11:27 pm

New Sonic?
    You mean the one we had for the past 25 years?
    Oh no I cannot fantom how he'll change
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 November 7th 2011, 6:09 pm

I believe he's referring to the Destructoid article saying Sega will make a new Sonic in 2012. I hope Destructoid means they'll keep the same gameplay style as Generations, Colors and Sonic 4, but they'll just give Sonic a new design to show his new permanent style of gameplay.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" ZtZYh

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Blackr10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Zigzag10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" White10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 7th 2011, 6:17 pm

No, they're misinterpreting what he said.
    "I would like to make a new standard Sonic, a modern Sonic if you will, in 2012 and beyond," he said.
    Meaning he wants to set a standard to follow, like Mario and Zelda have.
    "... There have been a lot of Sonic titles in the past, and I think, at this point, there's a pretty good idea of what a Sonic game should be like -- a fun, frenetic action game."
    Now they know what to do make this standard.
    "As I said, I feel the need to surprise the fans in new and innovative ways, but I don't want to do anything to depart from that style. The color powers in Colors are a good example of that."
    So he wants power-ups around to change things up, but stick to the Generations gameplay.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 7th 2011, 6:20 pm

As long as he's still a blue hedgehog and his shoes are still red & white, I'll probably just be fine with it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Blackr10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Zigzag10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" White10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 7th 2011, 6:23 pm

SonicFan001 wrote:As long as he's still a blue hedgehog and his shoes are still red & white, I'll probably just be fine with it.
    I don't think his image will change at all.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 7th 2011, 6:46 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:As long as he's still a blue hedgehog and his shoes are still red & white, I'll probably just be fine with it.
    I don't think his image will change at all.

Well I hope they don't
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 November 7th 2011, 9:03 pm

Link451 wrote:I believe he's referring to the Destructoid article saying Sega will make a new Sonic in 2012. I hope Destructoid means they'll keep the same gameplay style as Generations, Colors and Sonic 4, but they'll just give Sonic a new design to show his new permanent style of gameplay.
    They should go back to Adventure style. That's the real money. This modern style is boring.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Blackr10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Zigzag10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" White10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic November 7th 2011, 10:02 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Link451 wrote:I believe he's referring to the Destructoid article saying Sega will make a new Sonic in 2012. I hope Destructoid means they'll keep the same gameplay style as Generations, Colors and Sonic 4, but they'll just give Sonic a new design to show his new permanent style of gameplay.
    They should go back to Adventure style. That's the real money. This modern style is boring.
    That stuff is in the past man
    We need keep the series fresh
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo November 7th 2011, 10:15 pm

I really don't know what to go with now actually, I mean I've grown up on the DC era Sonic games (SA/SA2/Heroes) and I loved those games, but yet I also like the more new games that they've released with the 2D/3D style. It's all tough for me...
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" VOZLn

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 November 8th 2011, 12:16 am

SonicFan001 wrote:I really don't know what to go with now actually, I mean I've grown up on the DC era Sonic games (SA/SA2/Heroes) and I loved those games, but yet I also like the more new games that they've released with the 2D/3D style. It's all tough for me...

Then...you like both? I don't see any problem with that. I grew up with the DC era Sonic, too. I've liked the more modern games, as well. Those games were extremely fun, although I don't think they were perfect (and to this day, I still don't know how to raise a Chao).

I think they've got the right idea when they describe what a Sonic game should be at this point - "a fun, frenetic action game". It was just the lack of the word "platforming" that kind of scared me, although I'm pretty sure that they of course have that in mind.

Hopefully, this "new standard" Sonic will be awesome.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom November 8th 2011, 12:49 am

I don't think it will mean a new gameplay design or even a new character design. What I get out of it is probably a more cohesive set of ideas for what Sonic can do in future games.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo November 8th 2011, 11:49 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    I agree. The Hedgehog engine is alright, but its getting boring. They need to keep the series still on the tracks and do a different style.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 8th 2011, 3:12 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    I agree. The Hedgehog engine is alright, but its getting boring. They need to keep the series still on the tracks and do a different style.
    You realize that means NOT doing Adventure style, right?
    Techimo
    Techimo

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo November 8th 2011, 3:14 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote: I agree. The Hedgehog engine is alright, but its getting boring. They need to keep the series still on the tracks and do a different style.
    I DO realize they are Not doing it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 8th 2011, 3:16 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Tech Man 753 wrote: I agree. The Hedgehog engine is alright, but its getting boring. They need to keep the series still on the tracks and do a different style.
    I DO realize they are Not doing it.
    Right, because if they should do a different style, that means no Generations, no Colors, no Secret Rings, not even Classic or Adventure. Something completely different.

Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Blackr10Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medal13Opinions on the supposed "New Sonic" Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 November 8th 2011, 8:45 pm

Yes change sonic again, how dare the modern gameplay be good.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 November 12th 2011, 12:49 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    It's not getting boring, it was boring from the start. Adventure series was much more fun.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Rep15

Post by Techimo November 12th 2011, 1:12 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    It's not getting boring, it was boring from the start. Adventure series was much more fun.
    I was a fan from the Dreamcast Era and I loved the Adventure style gameplay, but I wanted something new. So the went to a different style. The Hedgehog Engine. When I first played Unleased I loved it as much as the adventure style, but now its dry as a empty sink. So I get what your saying, but they need to go on a different style.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 14th 2011, 4:14 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    I was a fan from the Dreamcast Era and I loved the Adventure style gameplay, but I wanted something new. So the went to a different style. The Hedgehog Engine. When I first played Unleased I loved it as much as the adventure style, but now its dry as a empty sink. So I get what your saying, but they need to go on a different style.
    What makes it dry?
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 November 15th 2011, 4:17 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    How can you even call it a hedgehog engine? It's more like the werehog engine... if it's about the daytime levels, those still were bad and all a rush.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content