The ancient lands.

5 posters

Your Personal Canon

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Your Personal Canon ZtZYh

Your Personal Canon Blackr10Your Personal Canon Medalw11Your Personal Canon Zigzag10Your Personal Canon White10Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Your Personal Canon Empty Your Personal Canon

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 6th 2012, 10:20 pm

So as some may remember, SEGA of America attempted to verify the canon by stating which games were canon, but from what I interpreted, they themselves were unsure.

So, as far as I'm concerned, all fan timelines still count. So what's your canon, timeline, story order, whatever you call it?
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Your Personal Canon Kz2PK

Rep7

Your Personal Canon Empty Re: Your Personal Canon

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 7th 2012, 3:01 pm

Great question.

My canon starts with the original games (Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles). These are the canon that started everything off. Spinoffs include relevant games such as Spinball, 3D Blast, etc. These are all stage 1 canon games.

Stage 2 canon games emerge with the Adventure series, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. These are my only main canon games here. But this is where it gets tricky. I think there are secondary canon games which branch off SA2. These secondary canon games are ShadtH, Heroes, and Sonic 06. All three of these games continue from SA2, but no title officially claims the name "Sonic Adventure 3." Yet, any game featuring Shadow the Hedgehog after SA2 should be questionable for adding into the canon.

Then stage 3 came and ruined everything. There is no longer a stabilized plotline. We must suffer through games like Unleashed and Colors, where werehogs and wisps don't mix. The games that are "main" in this series are Unleashed and Colors, though I'm proud of neither, nor how they play. Branching off this series is a separate canon of storybook series, and all the other console games that don't live up to the first two canons.

Notice how the three stages differ in their terms of gameplay.

I think the portable games have a completely different canon than the console games, yet having the same aspect with stages. The two main stages here are the Advance stage, and the Rush stage. Everything else is a spinoff.

Sonic 4, Generations, and all other "reliving past-time" Sonic games fit nowhere in my canon, considering how they mix up timing within the series (or don't stay true to its linearity). Generations was okay, but the story was indecisive and really was a step back rather than a step forward. Sonic 4 just messed up everything. Generations could arguably be considered a spinoff, but Sonic 4 is neither spinoff or canon. These games belong to an imaginary canon.

I should outline this canon and post it somewhere...
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Your Personal Canon 56qtD

Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon Medalw11Your Personal Canon Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo January 7th 2012, 3:16 pm

I like to think of the timeline of by the games release dates.

Example would be like Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic CD, and S&K are all in the foundation layer, including all the other classics that I haven't named.

Then in the middle would be the DC Era, with SA, SA2, SADX, SHeroes, and others from the time of those games.

Then up to currently would be all the Modern Era games, such as StH06, SU, Sonic Colors, and SG.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Your Personal Canon Imagee10

Your Personal Canon Blackr10Your Personal Canon Medalw11Your Personal Canon Zigzag10Your Personal Canon White10Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 7th 2012, 3:30 pm

SonicFan001 wrote:I like to think of the timeline of by the games release dates.

Example would be like Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, Sonic CD, and S&K are all in the foundation layer, including all the other classics that I haven't named.

Then in the middle would be the DC Era, with SA, SA2, SADX, SHeroes, and others from the time of those games.

Then up to currently would be all the Modern Era games, such as StH06, SU, Sonic Colors, and SG.
    CD came before 3
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Your Personal Canon 56qtD

Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon Medalw11Your Personal Canon Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo January 7th 2012, 3:32 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:I like to think of the timeline of by the games release dates.

CD came before 3
    Well, I didn't try to make them in any order, but thanks for informing me anyways.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Your Personal Canon Blackr10Your Personal Canon Medalw11Your Personal Canon Zigzag10Your Personal Canon White10Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 15th 2012, 12:03 am

Flicky
    Sonic The Hedgehog GG
    Sonic The Hedgehog GEN
    Sonic The Hedgehog CD
    Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine/Tails Adventure
    SegaSonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 GEN
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Sonic & Tails' story
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Knuckles' story
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic The Hedgehog: Chaos
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 GG
    Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
    Sonic Blast (Sonic and Tails split and go on their own adventures)
    Sonic Labyrinth/Tails Sky Patrol
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4
    Knuckles Chaotix (Sonic & Tails join with Knuckles at the end of the real ending)
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sonic Championship
    Sonic R
    Sonic the Hedgehog: Pocket Adventure (Eggman changes his adventure outfit for the first time here)
    Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut
    Sonic Shuffle
    Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    Sonic Advance
    Sonic Advance 2
    Sonic Pinball Party
    Sonic Heroes
    Sonic Battle
    Sonic Advance 3
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Sonic Rush
    Sonic Riders
    Sonic The Hedgehog: Let's Mosey With Mephiles
    Sonic Rivals
    Sonic and the Secret Rings
    Sonic Rush Adventure
    Sonic Rivals 2
    Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
    Sonic Unleashed
    Sonic and the Black Knight
    Sonic Free Riders
    Sonic Colors
    Sonic Generations
    Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Your Personal Canon VOZLn

Your Personal Canon Blackr10Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 January 15th 2012, 2:04 am

Sonic 4 is the only notable game in the series so in my opinion all the others don't belong in the canon.

I would know since I'm sonic.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Your Personal Canon Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 15th 2012, 8:55 am

Supersonic84 wrote:Sonic 4 is the only notable game in the series so in my opinion all the others don't belong in the canon.

I would know since I'm sonic.
    That makes no sense whatsoever.

Your Personal Canon VOZLn

Your Personal Canon Blackr10Your Personal Canon Medal13Your Personal Canon Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 January 15th 2012, 1:56 pm

It doesn't make sense to you since you're not sonic.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 15th 2012, 1:58 pm

No, you're Super Sonic. Sonic won't listen to you, you just take his Rings and spend them on rocket fuel for your invisible rockets!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content