Dark Shade
Jmh
Hushimo
Sonic Adventure 2
Chaos_Overlord
The Freedom Fighter
SoleannaGirly
16 posters

What do you hate and love about sonic06?

SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

What do you hate and love about sonic06? WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Empty What do you hate and love about sonic06?

Post by SoleannaGirly July 1st 2011, 11:35 pm

I WANT ANSWERS!!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What do you hate and love about sonic06? ZtZYh

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Blackr10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medalw11What do you hate and love about sonic06? Zigzag10What do you hate and love about sonic06? White10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13What do you hate and love about sonic06? 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Empty Re: What do you hate and love about sonic06?

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 2nd 2011, 2:18 am

lol, very demanding. :P I'll be getting the game soon, so I'll tell you then.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

What do you hate and love about sonic06? VOZLn

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medalw11What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13

Rep11

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Empty Re: What do you hate and love about sonic06?

Post by Chaos_Overlord July 2nd 2011, 6:44 am

I hate everything about the game except for two things. Shadow's story was interesting and it had a good soundtrack.
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 2nd 2011, 8:48 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:lol, very demanding. :P I'll be getting the game soon, so I'll tell you then.

Hahahaha and yes I am I just got the like like 2 weeks ago but I love it :)
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 2nd 2011, 8:56 am

Chaos_Overlord wrote:I hate everything about the game except for two things. Shadow's story was interesting and it had a good soundtrack.

I thought is is a very fun game but it's weird, it's kinda hard I got stuck alot but I'm on 32% sionic and 60% silver he's mt favorite but I extremely want to playv
    Shadows part. Since you got up to it how do you get past silvers part when you had to go and guards were standing there and this guy said they go on breaks so you can get in I don't really understand so maybe can you help me out a little?
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 2nd 2011, 12:10 pm

Never played it fully (only small parts), but there is a few things I can tell you that I love about it.

Despite Sonic kissing Elise, the story was constructed and made-up in an adeventure-like scenario unlike the Sonic games we get today. The story was epic, had action, adventure, and true enemies. We have not seen this since the late adventure days. Since then, the enemies haven't been as evil, the adventure hasn't been as adventurous, and the games play more on trial and error rather than exploration and action.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

What do you hate and love about sonic06? GOMM8

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo July 3rd 2011, 11:25 am

I've never actually played it, so I'm not going to base my opinions off of a few gameplay clips and some nerdrage.

My thoughts on it so far from my perspective is that the way it was marketed and then rushed was just very poor business management.

If you looked at the screenshots and trailers of it, it looked amazing, the closest thing to a Sonic Adventure-level game in nearly half a decade, but for whatever reason they rushed it faster than Speedy Gonzalez on crack and never had a chance to recognize, repair, and refine the great concept that they had going for them. Their execution in the end is what made it bad.

If you could just imagine the game for what it was intended to be, it's a masterpiece. Unfortunately, it is what it is, and they should have honestly never released it in this state. No quality assurance testing was put into this, regardless if the credits say so otherwise.
    Jmh
    Jmh

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Imagee10

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medalw11What do you hate and love about sonic06? White10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 3rd 2011, 11:32 am

What I love: Music, and the attempt to bring back the Sonic Adventure formula.

What I hate: The load times, game breaking glitches, slow gameplay, the butchering of Sonic 2's end theme, and screwing up the Adventure formula, etc.
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 3rd 2011, 11:43 am

Jmh wrote:What I love: Music, and the attempt to bring back the Sonic Adventure formula.

What I hate: The load times, game breaking glitches, slow gameplay, the butchering of Sonic 2's end theme, and screwing up the Adventure formula, etc.

I agree 8) 8)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Blackr10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medalw11What do you hate and love about sonic06? Zigzag10What do you hate and love about sonic06? White10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13What do you hate and love about sonic06? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 3rd 2011, 1:46 pm

Hushimo wrote:but for whatever reason they rushed it
    Because they had become enamored by the Hedgehog Engine and couldn't implement it in SNG, so they put their focus into that instead.
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 3rd 2011, 2:36 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Because they had become enamored by the Hedgehog Engine and couldn't implement it in SNG, so they put their focus into that instead.

they only rushed it because of sony and some other one they wanted it and wanted it right then and there :<_<: :<_<:
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 3rd 2011, 2:38 pm

Hushimo wrote:I've never actually played it, so I'm not going to base my opinions off of a few gameplay clips and some nerdrage.

My thoughts on it so far from my perspective is that the way it was marketed and then rushed was just very poor business management.

If you looked at the screenshots and trailers of it, it looked amazing, the closest thing to a Sonic Adventure-level game in nearly half a decade, but for whatever reason they rushed it faster than Speedy Gonzalez on crack and never had a chance to recognize, repair, and refine the great concept that they had going for them. Their execution in the end is what made it bad.

If you could just imagine the game for what it was intended to be, it's a masterpiece. Unfortunately, it is what it is, and they should have honestly never released it in this state. No quality assurance testing was put into this, regardless if the credits say so otherwise.

thats sad, i would of gone to another country just to buy it its really fun but boy, you never have know how hard it is to pass something with a glitch
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 3rd 2011, 5:01 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote:

they only rushed it because of sony and some other one they wanted it and wanted it right then and there :<_<: :<_<:
    Except the PS3 version came out about a month after the 360 version and is technically worse...
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 3rd 2011, 8:02 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote:

Except the PS3 version came out about a month after the 360 version and is technically worse...

I have the PS3 and it is Disgusted
    Dark Shade
    Dark Shade

Rep0

Post by Dark Shade July 5th 2011, 2:43 am

I love everything about it!
    Shade
    Shade

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medalw11What do you hate and love about sonic06? Zigzag10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 5th 2011, 10:13 am

Well, the plot wasn't bad...

But the gameplay was bland and uninteresting.

That was what I hated about Sonic 06.
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 5th 2011, 12:42 pm

Dark Shade wrote:I love everything about it!

Mostly agreed with you!!!!!!
    Shade
    Shade

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medalw11What do you hate and love about sonic06? Zigzag10What do you hate and love about sonic06? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 5th 2011, 4:39 pm

SoleannaGirly wrote:
    Dark Shade wrote:I love everything about it!

Well, the plot was quite loveable.

They, at least, did their job right.

Also, there were a lot of levels..
    Dark Shade
    Dark Shade

Rep0

Post by Dark Shade July 6th 2011, 4:33 am

Shade wrote:
    SoleannaGirly wrote:

Well, the plot was quite loveable.

They, at least, did their job right.

Also, there were a lot of levels..

My favorite episode was defnitely the last one! And Shadows episode!
    JMan
    JMan

Rep0

Post by JMan July 7th 2011, 5:07 pm

Hate everything love nothing

Last edited by JMan on July 25th 2011, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 7th 2011, 5:11 pm

JMan wrote:Hate everything love nothing

ok :D thanks for answering!
    JMan
    JMan

Rep0

Post by JMan July 25th 2011, 12:39 am

they shoulda just ported Sa2's Engine if they wanted to make a game like that i woulda loved it if they did.
    Link451
    Link451

What do you hate and love about sonic06? Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 July 25th 2011, 2:52 am

I loved the story and the gameplay. The story was really well drawn out and had a great plotline with everything that happened between Solaris and Iblis, and it had you wanting to keep playing. The Elise/Sonic romance subplot wasn't necessary, but I was able to ignore it.

And I generally just thought the gameplay was fun, I guess. Sonic's mach speed zones were really irritating though. And those buildings falling on you in Kingdom Valley could go to hell. I liked using Silver's telekenesis to destroy and attack enemies and get your way around the levels.

The soundtrack was good too. The things I mainly could have done without were the glitches, mainly being the cheap deaths on Sonic stages.
    0LunarShadow
    0LunarShadow

Rep3

Post by 0LunarShadow July 25th 2011, 3:54 am

The gameplay was actually better then I thought it would be. I mean, if you go out looking 4 glitches of course you're gonna find some, but other then that, it's glitchless 4 me.

Except that one stage with the snowboard...Oh and that Knuckles part with the lights...FFFF...can't believe I spent so much damn time on those. -_-
    SoleannaGirly
    SoleannaGirly

Rep0

Post by SoleannaGirly July 25th 2011, 10:13 am

0LunarShadow wrote:The gameplay was actually better then I thought it would be. I mean, if you go out looking 4 glitches of course you're gonna find some, but other then that, it's glitchless 4 me.

Except that one stage with the snowboard...Oh and that Knuckles part with the lights...FFFF...can't believe I spent so much damn time on those. -_-

oh god i know, i just finished the knuckles part last night and thats not all that worse that snowboard took me a MONTH! :<_<:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content