T@ilz
The Freedom Fighter
Jmh
8 posters

The next SSB may have no new characters

Jmh
    Jmh

The next SSB may have no new characters  Imagee10

The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  White10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

The next SSB may have no new characters  Empty The next SSB may have no new characters

Post by Jmh July 2nd 2012, 4:31 pm

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118217-Super-Smash-Bros-is-Done-With-New-Characters
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The next SSB may have no new characters  ZtZYh

The next SSB may have no new characters  Blackr10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  Zigzag10The next SSB may have no new characters  White10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13The next SSB may have no new characters  2nio02t

Rep76

The next SSB may have no new characters  Empty Re: The next SSB may have no new characters

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 2nd 2012, 5:53 pm

I figure we'll still get a couple, but probably to keep from spending years on the game, not too many more.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

The next SSB may have no new characters  GOMM8

Rep6

The next SSB may have no new characters  Empty Re: The next SSB may have no new characters

Post by T@ilz July 3rd 2012, 1:54 am

As long as they keep Mr. Game & Watch and Sonic (not likely the latter), since they seem to be my best characters to play as.
    Nuva
    Nuva

The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 3rd 2012, 2:09 am

They might also switch out characters and stuff.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz July 3rd 2012, 2:12 am

If they're removing characters, I think they should remove Wolf, Falco, King Dedede, and possibly Lucas. I only say possibly Lucas because he has several fans, yet he's a second Ness with one different attack.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The next SSB may have no new characters  Blackr10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  Zigzag10The next SSB may have no new characters  White10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13The next SSB may have no new characters  2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 3rd 2012, 2:15 am

I don't think removing characters is ever a good idea. Why take away fan favorites when you can keep them? Yeah, they're clones, but that's not a bad thing.
    Nuva
    Nuva

The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 3rd 2012, 3:14 am

I don't recall Dedede being a clone, and really the clones just need new specials, their attacks are pretty different except Ganons.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 3rd 2012, 3:20 am

Ironically the Zelda team leader said to leave Ganondorf with his current moveset, so yeah, that's why he didn't change much.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 3rd 2012, 3:23 am

I wish he could use his sword
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz July 3rd 2012, 4:20 am

I only mentioned King Dedede due to the fact that from what I know, very little people play as him in the first place due to his overall slowness.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 3rd 2012, 4:27 am

He's my favorite heavy class, if that helps.
    Jmh
    Jmh

The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  White10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 3rd 2012, 6:33 pm

Nuva wrote:I wish he could use his sword
    Same here, I also wish he could use that tennis ball attack he used in OoT.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 3rd 2012, 6:36 pm

He has so much potential for an original move set really, I hate how he's a Falcon clone...
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 3rd 2012, 6:39 pm

Nuva wrote:He has so much potential for an original move set really, I hate how he's a Falcon clone...
    I never even knew why we would need a Captain Falcon clone. You can't replace Douglas.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

The next SSB may have no new characters  White10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalg10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz July 3rd 2012, 6:40 pm

They made Falcon and Ganon more different in Brawl, and I think that's a step in the right direction. You still have a few clones, though, IE Ness and Lucas, Mario and Luigi, Link and Toon Link. But Melee had more. Remember Pichu? There were even three pretty much identical characters.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva July 3rd 2012, 6:42 pm

At least the clones are still different somewhat, Lucas and Ness play completely different for the most part to me for example.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 3rd 2012, 6:43 pm

I loved playing as Lucas, I hope they don't give him the boot.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz July 3rd 2012, 6:50 pm

Dr. Mario seemed to be the least different clone in all the franchise. But he's already gone so this is pointless to bring up.

The next SSB may have no new characters  VOZLn

The next SSB may have no new characters  Blackr10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 July 4th 2012, 12:32 am

No... we need Tales characters...

Mystic Artes would be perfect for Final Smashes...

sykog
    sykog

The next SSB may have no new characters  Blackr10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalg10The next SSB may have no new characters  Zigzag10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 5th 2012, 8:33 pm

Well that would be pretty lame to me.

The next SSB may have no new characters  Blackr10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 July 5th 2012, 9:56 pm

The fact that there won't be any new characters or me suggesting there should be Tales characters?

If the latter, there should be a ditch waiting for you.
    Zez
    Zez

The next SSB may have no new characters  Blackr10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medalw11The next SSB may have no new characters  Zigzag10The next SSB may have no new characters  Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 6th 2012, 1:46 am

A sequel with no substantial additional content? I know I've seen this before...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content