Trespasser
11 posters

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore

Trespasser
    Trespasser

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Empty You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore

Post by Trespasser June 6th 2010, 1:31 am

just wanted to see what you all think

I used to watch the show when I was young, Transfromers: Beast Wars. It was so good, it had so much more depth and character development, and story, then any cartoon I see today.

Here is the a scene from the show, it's the death of one of the Main characters!

What cartoons shows are that dramtic and the moving anymore?
    and Do any cartoons now actually kill of a main character?
    Cartoons now are too silly, D: there ok and funny. but, we don't get any real stories anymore ;_;
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore VOZLn

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Blackr10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalg10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore White10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13

Rep6

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Empty Re: You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore

Post by Roterblitz June 6th 2010, 2:23 pm

There are plenty of other animated shows with serious plots, back then and now, and I'm not just talking about anime.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Kz2PK

Rep0

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Empty Re: You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore

Post by ActivistZero June 6th 2010, 4:26 pm

the problem is finding them
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Blackr10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalg10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore White10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 6th 2010, 9:16 pm

Right off the bat, not counting Adult Swim or undubbed anime.

Batman: The Animated Series (1992)
    Batman Beyond
    Justice League
    Justice League Unlimited
    Gargoyles
    Mobile Suit Gundam (Dub 2001)
    Gundam 08th MS Team (Dub 2001)
    Spider-Man: The Animated Series (1994)
    X-Men (1992)

And to a lesser extent:
    Ben 10
    Teen Titans
    Samurai Jack
    Naruto
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord June 6th 2010, 10:17 pm

Beast Wars was awesome. I still have to movies of it. They had episodes on them.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero June 7th 2010, 7:59 am

Roterblitz wrote:Right off the bat, not counting Adult Swim or undubbed anime.

Batman Beyond
    Justice League
    Justice League Unlimited
    Gargoyles
    X-Men (1992)

And to a lesser extent:
    Ben 10
    Teen Titans
    Samurai Jack
    Naruto
    i'll give you that, but barely any of those are on anymore in england and even then, there on at 3 in the morning
    Erazor
    Erazor

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 7th 2010, 2:28 pm

I think they're planning on releasing season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men this year. It's a pretty dark show which was made as a follow-up to a very gruesome animated film.

Plus there's all of those other transformers shows, where Optimus always dies.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore ZtZYh

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Blackr10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Zigzag10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore White10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 10th 2010, 8:53 am

To be fair, Dinobot did come back, so it still fits in line with the idea that main characters don't stay dead forever. However, Beast Wars was still an amazing show. Action, adventure, drama, humor, and even romance. Definitely one of the best shows ever.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalg10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Zigzag10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed June 10th 2010, 10:43 am

Spectacular Spider-man.
    That show alone beats anything.
    Trespasser
    Trespasser

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Trespasser June 10th 2010, 1:19 pm

Chaos_Overlord wrote:Beast Wars was awesome. I still have to movies of it. They had episodes on them.

The Freedom Fighter wrote:To be fair, Dinobot did come back, so it still fits in line with the idea that main characters don't stay dead forever. However, Beast Wars was still an amazing show. Action, adventure, drama, humor, and even romance. Definitely one of the best shows ever.

Nice to see fellow Beast Wars fans. That show was awsome, I rember watching it as a kid. The Death of Dinobot was so sad, and when Megatron destroyed the origanal optimus was epic!
    Jaded Jirachi
    Jaded Jirachi

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore GOMM8

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13

Rep0

Post by Jaded Jirachi July 5th 2010, 9:16 pm

Lol we'll seeee
    Bliz
    Bliz

: Female
     Rep1

Post by Bliz July 8th 2010, 7:12 pm

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy was my favorite show of all time.
    F*** you Cartoon Network.
    Miles24
    Miles24

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Blackr10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore White10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 July 8th 2010, 7:39 pm

Beast Wars was one of Mainframe Inc. greatest works in CG entertainment, and will always stay as the such. The show was well written, action packed, and quite comedic at times. (Rat Trap's personality definitely added to the such quite often.) This show is a prime example of how much time was taken to create shows that would interest a wide range of ages, while still keeping it child-friendly. It has, and always will be, one of my favourite shows, next to ReBoot, and Shadow Raiders.
    Shade
    Shade

You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medalw11You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Zigzag10You don't get cartoons this EPIC anymore Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 8th 2010, 8:36 pm

Roterblitz wrote:Right off the bat, not counting Adult Swim or undubbed anime.

Batman Beyond
    Justice League
    Justice League Unlimited
    Gargoyles
    X-Men (1992)

And to a lesser extent:
    Ben 10
    Teen Titans
    Samurai Jack
    Naruto

The only ones I know in those are Spider-Man, Batman Beyond, and X-Men. I've read these comics, and I can report that they are really good comics. I also read a few Naruto Comics, and I think they are as good (if not better than) Spider-Man and/or Batman Comics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content