Sonic Adventure 2
18 posters

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival

Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep7

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Empty Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 19th 2011, 8:59 am

1. First: Shadow is dead. Sure, we still see a Shadow in the new Sonic games, but he’s not the same. The real Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 is dead. The old Shadow was the one who died and left a promise to Maria. This is proven in Sonic Adventure 2 when we get a glimpse of Shadow’s ghost over Earth (my avatar).

2. First of all, Sonic Team did not correctly validate Shadow’s revival (not that a revival can be validated in the first place). Their excuse was that Eggman picked up Shadow in his carrier ship (something like this). But this can’t be possible when Eggman was on the space colony ark with all the other characters before and after the Final Hazard battle. Shadow falls incredibly fast, and there is no ship in view as he falls. Since Shadow falls like a meteor, how can a ship even catch him properly? Besides, Shadow being alive does not explain Shadow’s ghost at the end of Sonic Adventure 2. Thus, a major plot hole by Sonic Team.

3. What is the Shadow we see today if Shadow truly died? The Shadow the hedgehog we see today is one of the Shadow clones, or even a Shadow robot. It’s uncertain which one it is, but it’s not the real Shadow. Look at the beginning of Sonic Heroes. There is an excess amount of Shadows. The odds of this one Shadow being the real one (even if isolated) is slim, especially since this Shadow does not act like the true Shadow we knew.

4. How does this new Shadow act? Although he has guns, and motorcycles, he is a nicer Shadow, more open to working with others. He becomes a slave to Rouge and a friend to Sonic (when he helped Sonic in Sonic Adventure 2 he simply did it for Maria and to save the world, losing his life while finishing off the Final Hazard). He was once a rival to Sonic, no longer holding this title. And now he relies on guns and vehicles to do his work, neglecting his powers given to him as the “ultimate weapon.”

5. Why did Sega revive Shadow? Simple answer. He was a fan favorite and a merchandising icon. Sega pulled Shadow out of his grave for fan reaction. He was bringing in revenue for the franchise.

6. So, now you’ll probably be saying I’m contradicting myself because I said Shadow is dead, but after his revival Sega brought him back to life. There’s a reason for this. The true Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2 is dead, only to be replaced by a puppet (or in this sense a robot, android, etc). Therefore, I can claim the original Shadow is dead. It doesn’t make sense for one to revive with a completely different personality than he once had. Therefore, Shadow’s original roots are destroyed, only to be replaced by this new gun-wielding “friendly” Shadow.

7. It’s also ironic how Sonic Adventure 2 was the last great game. I personally enjoyed Heroes, but it wasn’t the same. SA2 marked the ending of Sonic’s successful reign as a gaming icon, the ending of the Sega console, and the beginning and ending of Shadow’s short life. Therefore, I claim that Sonic Adventure 2 is truly the last epic Sonic game with an epic ending. As soon as Heroes came out, it revived the new Shadow and ruined Sonic Adventure 2’s successful ending, and ruined Shadow’s promise to Maria.

8. Lastly, I claim every game after Sonic Adventure 2 tainted with the falseness of this new Shadow. Although the game “Shadow the Hedgehog” was enjoyable, it was nothing but Shadow’s dream (in other words a game to foolishly claim a reason for Shadow’s revival). Sonic Heroes, Sonic 06, and any other Sonic game after Sonic Adventure 2 features an artificial Shadow. Sonic Adventure 2 is truly the last most accurate and great game in the franchise. Every game afterward featuring Shadow is tainted. So, if there ever is a Sonic Adventure 3 (which I highly doubt Sonic Team will make) I hope my favorite character, Shadow the hedgehog, is not in it because he died in Sonic Adventure 2 (putting Shadow in Sonic Adventure 3 will just invalidate the greatest game known to the Sonic world).
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Empty Re: Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival

Post by Doodle February 19th 2011, 10:00 am

This is the stupidest wall of text I've ever read.

Please continue to bash yourself in the face with the nearest farm animal. You don't even have your facts straight.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Imagee10

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Blackr10Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medalw11Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Zigzag10Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival White10Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medal13Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medalg10

Rep35

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Empty Re: Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 19th 2011, 11:16 am

This is the retarded wall of text from a Shadow fan

And I seen alot retarded texts from them
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 19th 2011, 12:03 pm

Without any reasons to how stupid or retarded this is, I cannot accept any criticism (by the way, retarded means slow, learn your proper English before using words incorrectly). Sorry. Criticism only comes with reasoning. You both have given me none.

Please tell me which facts I don't have straight. Without telling me them, you can't properly dispute it.

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymBeGn3a0w

Eggman couldn't possibly save him. He was on the ship the whole time.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Blackr10Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medalw11Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Zigzag10Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival White10Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medal13Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 19th 2011, 12:30 pm

First of all he said his ROBOTS save him

Second it's impossible he is a android because he still able to use chaos control

third you're just plain stupid
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle February 19th 2011, 1:25 pm

And the fact that eggflan says the one in shadow the hedgehog (the game) is the real shadow if you take 10 years to kill the final boss anyway.

Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival WFmvl

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival 2nio02t

Rep0

Post by Cy-Fox February 19th 2011, 2:04 pm

I take major issue with the way you two (Suspicious Bush and NeoMetalSonic) have acted. This is simply a theory that Sonic Adventure 2 presented. It is not a statement of fact, only a perception. You can criticize it, but not using the language you two are using.

So here's the rules that I see broken here:

III. Regarding Posting

1.) Flaming, bashing, or threatening any individual or group.
    3.) Racist, defamatory, or discriminating comments.

4.) Excessive use of curse words or words that could in any way be considered defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful,
    harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, or threatening.

Consider this an official warning.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 19th 2011, 2:06 pm

Cops here fun over
    Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

Rep0

Post by Cy-Fox February 19th 2011, 2:12 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Cops here fun over

Okay, cocky. Maybe I didn't make myself clear the first time. One day ban.
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle February 19th 2011, 3:06 pm

Cy-Fox wrote:I take major issue with the way you two (Suspicious Bush and NeoMetalSonic) have acted. This is simply a theory that Sonic Adventure 2 presented. It is not a statement of fact, only a perception. You can criticize it, but not using the language you two are using.

III. Regarding Posting

3.) Racist, defamatory, or discriminating comments.

4.) Excessive use of curse words or words that could in any way be considered defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful,
    harassing, obscene, sexually oriented, or threatening.

1. This is a Sonic site, a site for the stupidest fanbase ever to have existed. Flaming is going to happen.
    3. Didn't break that.
    4. I said to bash in his skull with the nearest farm animal. That's a sentence, not a word. In a less smartass comment that was intended to be amusing anyway.

I'm reporting an abuse if you ban me for this post, by the way. Defending myself isn't against the rules.

On a side note, I disagree with Neo's ban, he was just joking around.
    Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

Rep0

Post by Cy-Fox February 19th 2011, 3:31 pm

This is the stupidest wall of text I've ever read.

What did Sonic Adventure 2 say directly to you to prompt any sort of a 'defense' that prompts malice eh? And where's the indication that NMS was joking? You're quick on the trigger to say that I'm being abusive when I'm following the rules as they are written. Which you've broken again:

I. Regarding this site and related services:
    1.) Attacks against The Sonic Community site, forum, or personnel.

III. Regarding Posting

I don't know who you think you are, but I'm knocking you off your high horse. There is no threat that you can use against me to make me bow down to preserve your place here. You've just shown everyone around here what you truly are: a bully. And Cy doesn't have much tolerance for bullies.

With that said and done, you can go join NeoMetalSonic now.

--

SA2, I apologize for further derailing this, but these two knuckleheads needed taken care of. If you want, you can restart this topic cleanly and I'll throw this in an archive.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival VOZLn

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medalw11Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord February 19th 2011, 4:02 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:And the fact that eggflan says the one in shadow the hedgehog (the game) is the real shadow if you take 10 years to kill the final boss anyway.

(raise hand) Thats me... sad face.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 19th 2011, 4:27 pm

Suspicious Bush wrote:
    Cy-Fox wrote:I take major issue with the way you two (Suspicious Bush and NeoMetalSonic) have acted. This is simply a theory that Sonic Adventure 2 presented. It is not a statement of fact, only a perception. You can criticize it, but not using the language you two are using.

1. This is a Sonic site, a site for the stupidest fanbase ever to have existed. Flaming is going to happen.
    3. Didn't break that.
    4. I said to bash in his skull with the nearest farm animal. That's a sentence, not a word. In a less smartass comment that was intended to be amusing anyway.

I'm reporting an abuse if you ban me for this post, by the way. Defending myself isn't against the rules.

If it's so stupid, why did you join?

And to comment on your statement about Eggman saying he saved Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog (to the best of my ability as your sentence is hard to understand), I already knew about it and mentioned it in one of my rulings. Whether it's robots or Eggman's ship really doesn't change much. I'll tell why.

Eggman saving Shadow does not dispute the fact that Shadow was proclaimed dead at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 when his ghost was shown.

No matter what, the plot Sega sets is iffy and therefore it is a plothole. We see his death, then we see him alive without any proof until games later where we still don't know exactly what happened?

If a robot saved him how could it catch Shadow falling at the speed of a meteor that fast? Why would random robots be in space? Robots also act on command. Eggman obviously wasn't commanding them as he was celebrating the fall of the Final Hazard.

And Cy-Fox: I like it the way it is. It goes to show those who post without reason or friendship get it the hard way. Thank you by the way.
    Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

Rep0

Post by Cy-Fox February 19th 2011, 4:47 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Suspicious Bush wrote:

3. Didn't break that.

And to comment on your statement about Eggman saying he saved Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog (to the best of my ability as your sentence is hard to understand), I already knew about it and mentioned it in one of my rulings. Whether it's robots or Eggman's ship really doesn't change much. I'll tell why.

Eggman saving Shadow does not dispute the fact that Shadow was proclaimed dead at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 when his ghost was shown.

No matter what, the plot Sega sets is iffy and therefore it is a plothole. We see his death, then we see him alive without any proof until games later where we still don't know exactly what happened?

If a robot saved him how could it catch Shadow falling at the speed of a meteor that fast? Why would random robots be in space? Robots also act on command. Eggman obviously wasn't commanding them as he was celebrating the fall of the Final Hazard.

And Cy-Fox: I like it the way it is. It goes to show those who post without reason or friendship get it the hard way. Thank you by the way.

It's obviously going to be a loaded situation to consider either way you slice it. It's simply up to SEGA to reveal what is true. Until then, let it be the subject of worthy theories and fan-stories
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 19th 2011, 6:48 pm

Cy-Fox wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

It's obviously going to be a loaded situation to consider either way you slice it. It's simply up to SEGA to reveal what is true. Until then, let it be the subject of worthy theories and fan-stories

True, though I went as far as building a website around this (I can share it later on). But you're right, it is more or less subjective. I'm just one simly looking for an explanation.

For more info on this theory, lease view my website: https://sites.google.com/site/shdowhedgehoggrave/home
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 20th 2011, 7:13 pm

You're looking too much into this all, Sonic Adventure 2. From what I've seen from your logic, you think that every Sonic character died, as every character has inconsistent traits. Denying this, even when it seems that what I just said seems like a page ripped right out of your book, would make your opinion even more biased. And on the topic of Sonic Adventure 2 being the last great Sonic game, pfft. I haven't enjoyed a main series Sonic game (ignoring Colors and Sonic 4) since 1994. To each their own.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 20th 2011, 9:29 pm

Schismatist wrote:You're looking too much into this all, Sonic Adventure 2. From what I've seen from your logic, you think that every Sonic character died, as every character has inconsistent traits. Denying this, even when it seems that what I just said seems like a page ripped right out of your book, would make your opinion even more biased. And on the topic of Sonic Adventure 2 being the last great Sonic game, pfft. I haven't enjoyed a main series Sonic game (ignoring Colors and Sonic 4) since 1994. To each their own.

It's not all about Shadow's traits... that's actually the least part about his death. It is mostly about the ghost silhouette of Shadow at the end of SA2 (my avatar). How is that not proof of a death?

And I never said anyone else died, not sure where you are getting this info from. Only Shadow dies. It's just coincidental that his personality change comes after we first see him revived from his death. But his personality change is only a symbolic death. The true death is seen by Shadow's ghost. Shadow was intended to die at the end of SA2- his ghost is proof, the video even talks of this death.

We physically see him die. Shadow falls to Earth. He can't survive Earth's atmosphere or even a fall to that great of a height. A ship or robot couldn't catch a dying hedgehog moving as fast as a meteor (and if it did, Shadow would not be in one piece). I know the game is fictional, but even fictional games have realistic traits to them that are set and remain status quo throughout. Shadow surviving a fall this great is an unrealistic trait that would clearly defy the game's physics already set: you fall, you die.

But Sega brought him back for the fans...
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 20th 2011, 10:17 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:You're looking too much into this all, Sonic Adventure 2. From what I've seen from your logic, you think that every Sonic character died, as every character has inconsistent traits. Denying this, even when it seems that what I just said seems like a page ripped right out of your book, would make your opinion even more biased. And on the topic of Sonic Adventure 2 being the last great Sonic game, pfft. I haven't enjoyed a main series Sonic game (ignoring Colors and Sonic 4) since 1994. To each their own.

It's not all about Shadow's traits... that's actually the least part about his death. It is mostly about the ghost silhouette of Shadow at the end of SA2 (my avatar). How is that not proof of a death?

And I never said anyone else died, not sure where you are getting this info from. Only Shadow dies. It's just coincidental that his personality change comes after we first see him revived from his death. But his personality change is only a symbolic death. The true death is seen by Shadow's ghost. Shadow was intended to die at the end of SA2- his ghost is proof, the video even talks of this death.

We physically see him die. Shadow falls to Earth. He can't survive Earth's atmosphere or even a fall to that great of a height. A ship or robot couldn't catch a dying hedgehog moving as fast as a meteor (and if it did, Shadow would not be in one piece). I know the game is fictional, but even fictional games have realistic traits to them that are set and remain status quo throughout. Shadow surviving a fall this great is an unrealistic trait that would clearly defy the game's physics already set: you fall, you die.

I stopped right there. This just shows that you're lacking back up on your opinion. Shadow is a talking black and red Hedehog who wears hover shoes that lived on a Space colony 50 years ago in some fictional universe. Do NOT try to bring logic into this. Bringing logic into something as stupid and fictional as that is illogical.
    Sonowske
    Sonowske

Rep0

Post by Sonowske February 20th 2011, 10:24 pm

Now, now, let's not be the Sega forums right now.

Has anyone thought of this?

An overpowered immortal hedgehog won't die because of a mere fall.
    DaBlueShadow
    DaBlueShadow

Rep0

Post by DaBlueShadow February 20th 2011, 10:38 pm

I don't think Shadow died aswell. It was just the concept of Sega making a different personality factor for Shadow to behave in the recent games like that. At the point of Shadow being considered as an antagonist in SA 2 changed into an anti hero of helping Sonic save Earth was the blame for the difference in Shadow.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 21st 2011, 2:25 pm

Schismatist wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

I stopped right there. This just shows that you're lacking back up on your opinion. Shadow is a talking black and red Hedehog who wears hover shoes that lived on a Space colony 50 years ago in some fictional universe. Do NOT try to bring logic into this. Bringing logic into something as stupid and fictional as that is illogical.

As I said, even fictional games have logic. The concept of death is in the game. Try playing Final Rush and jump off a rail into space. What happens? You die...

Using this logic, the same thing happens when Shadow breaks out of his super form and falls into space. He dies.

Even though something is fantasy or fictional, it defines its own logic. If it wasn't logical, the game wouldn't have a plot. I'm defining logic within the parameters of the game.
    theez

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival 3qll2

Rep0

Post by theez April 20th 2011, 4:11 pm

In the end of Shadow the Hedgehog, Eggman said that Shadow was unconscious when the robot found him. He then put him in that little base until rouge woke him by accident. That's saying that Shadow is immortal and cannot be killed[which is in his bio's, I might add.] So that means that Sega has made an awesome character!
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival GOMM8

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 26th 2011, 9:39 pm

To humor the notion that Robotnik, or by extension, his robot pawns saved Shadow, how could he, if, immediately prior to and after Shadow's death, everyone was cognizant of what he was doing, where he was doing it, and most poignantly, when it was happening. In fact, it shows Robotnik during the credits, still on the ARK. I would assume at least one person would have noticed him sending information to his legion.

And even if the robots acted on their own, why would they happen to care about something falling from the sky enough to save it? And if we're talking realistic physics, they couldn't have saved him anyway because his body would have burned up in the atmosphere, and upon reaching terminal velocity, nothing short of a massive elastic net could cushion his fall, preventing instant death and everything around it, doubly assuming he wasn't already dead before he entered the atmosphere.

Just saying.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy April 27th 2011, 6:58 am

Just to say, back in sonic unleashed, sonic fell from space after being electrocuted, absorbed of all energy and thrown down from space to earth- and he didn't die.
    If he could do it, surley the ultimate life form can xD
    But yes, I believe Sega intended to have shadow dead by the end of SA2. But due to popularity brang him back. For a simple reason and that is for profit (Sega is, after all, a company).
    Regardless of the way they brought him back, Sega- creators of the games- want this current shadow to be the REAL shadow. Concluding that shadow is still alive.
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Shadow's Death: The Theory Behind his Death and Revival 3qll2

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon July 15th 2011, 12:13 am

karkooshy wrote:Just to say, back in sonic unleashed, sonic fell from space after being electrocuted, absorbed of all energy and thrown down from space to earth- and he didn't die.
    If he could do it, surley the ultimate life form can xD
    But yes, I believe Sega intended to have shadow dead by the end of SA2. But due to popularity brang him back. For a simple reason and that is for profit (Sega is, after all, a company).
    Regardless of the way they brought him back, Sega- creators of the games- want this current shadow to be the REAL shadow. Concluding that shadow is still alive.

I concur with Karkooshy. Not that I am an expert in all things Sonic, but I do know Sonic X pretty well and judging from one of the episodes in this show I think Shadow could survive the fall as well.

The one episode in particular that I am thinking of is where Chris and Tails are in the Xwing Tornado flying into space with Sonic is standing outside the cockpit. I don't remember if there were flames on Sonic when he was flying into space but I do remember Chris specifically pointing out to Tails that "Sonic is shivering" to which Tails replied "Sonic can take it". There were several little details in that series that to me.. made Sonic, Knuckles, and Rouge out to be like super beings... For instance there was a short scene where Knuckles is carrying a pile of logs(at least I think they were logs) several times larger than himself as he watched Sonic carry a pile about half the size (but of course he zoomed by with at least three of those piles as Knuckles was still carrying his one.) I'm getting off onto a tangent though :)

In short, I do think that Shadow can still be alive. I can also understand your attachment to specific stories SA2. I do think that it can take something away from an idea or story if you come out with 50 different renditions of the same story. Of course It is all a matter of opinion. Where do I draw my line with story rehashes? Well, I think some Japanese anime's and comics go too far where a story will develop and end. Another version of the same cartoon or comic will come out with the same characters but with a slightly different story. This might not be a problem to you but what if there are more than 10 different renditions? Where would you draw the line? How would you even remember the story?

One example of a story with more than one rendition that I agree with is Batman. When I heard that Batman Begins was coming out my first reaction was "ugh, another Batman movie?" Then I saw it and was impressed. Confused

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content