Shadow122
Ringtails
Zez
14 posters

The Later Than Late Show

sykog
    sykog

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Imagee10

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Blackr10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalw11The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalg10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Zigzag10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Empty Re: The Later Than Late Show

Post by sykog May 13th 2009, 7:52 pm

I'm making this a favorite simply because it is the best topic ever.
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 GOMM8

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 White10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails May 13th 2009, 10:30 pm

I'm touched. I really am. <3 SComm.

Good news! I just bombed my last final, 28 minutes ago (YAY... sob...)! I'm going to spend the rest of the today and tomorrow partying, but after that, this show will FINALLY resume after a huge hiatus!
    Zez
    Zez

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 VOZLn

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Blackr10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalw11The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Zigzag10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez May 17th 2009, 11:21 pm

I am uttrly filled with ecstacy that you're coming back.

:Mr. Green:
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 White10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails May 18th 2009, 3:17 am

Umm... Damn, I'm really tired. True story. I didn't really feel like making this funny, because honestly, there's nothing funny about it. It just sucks. Like, maybe in a week, I'll be able to look back and laugh, but since this happened yesterday/this morning, I'm still pissed.

---

(Spoilers) My 15 Hour Commute Home

So college ended. Big whoop. Freshmen year in and out like a flash. The parties, the tests, the chicks, the dudes, the chucks, the wait what, and the chicks. So I finished my finals and was ready to head home for the summer. I've got a nice job lined up and was looking forward to an actual BED and not a cardboard box. Looking forward to an actual TV and not a tube of lights. Looking forward to a nice shower, not a drizzle of freezing ice droplets. Not looking forward to my uber slow internet, but meh.

So anyway, I've stored most of my luggage in a warehouse somewhere. I'm taking home a small suitcase, my laptop bag, and a bass clarinet case thing that I NEVER used. Seriously, I played the thing like once my entire time here. My itinerary looks like this:

7:00. Wake up and frantically pack my stuff, wishing I hadn't procrastinated.
    11:00. Check out of dorm and head to bus stop.
    11:45. Get on bus.
    11:55-3:30. Sleep on bus, trying not to snore... loudly.
    3:30. Arrive at Chicago Union Station.
    3:40. Stumble around until I find the Blue line train, wherever that is.
    4:40. Arrive at the last stop: Chicago O'Hare airport. Check in, get food, pick up more chicks.
    5:30. Board plane.
    6:05. Depart. Sleep. Fly. Pray for no snakes.
    6:05-err...9:20??? Time zones suck.
    9ish. Arrive in Washington Reagan airport. Find trains back home and whatever.

But... of course, even the simplest things in life can go very, very wrong.

At 11:30, I get to the bus stop. No one else is there, but hey, it's the last day of school. So I'm waiting. Waiting. WTF? Why am I the only one here? I'm starting to sweat bullets. At 11:45, which is what my ticket says the bus is supposed to arrive at, NO BUS. UH OH SPAGHETTIOS.

11:50. I call the company. They say that the bus is on it's way. Ok, ok, that's cool. I wait. Noon. Oh hey, the bus is finally here. No panic. 15 mins late isn't anything. Time for sleep.

Bus ride was ok. Pretty comfy for sleeping. But then... LOUDSPEAKERS. The driver tells us to get off. By "us", I mean the eight people who are going to Union Station/another airport. I wake up and look outside. It's 2:30 and we're in a parking lot. So I get off, retrieve my luggage, and the bus drives off... to FRAKING O'HARE AIRPORT. WTF!? I didn't know that I could've bought a ticket DIRECTLY TO THE GAWDAMNED AIRPORT. Sigh... I'm left with seven others standing in a parking lot. The wind is killing me.

A few minutes later, another bus by the same company comes. But apparently that's not our bus. The driver welcomes us to wait inside, so we do. He says our ride will be here shortly.

Shortly means 30 minutes, because that's when our... "ride" comes. It's a small van. 10 seats, maybe? The trunk is pathetically small, and it takes another 10 minutes to fit all our luggage in. Then the van's door comes off. Like, we're sitting inside and the driver is closing the side door, and it just... falls off. So now he's like using pliers to try to force the door shut. I offered him some duck tape but he didn't want any. :'( Well at least he's fixing it now instead of like, on the highway.

So an hour later, our small van arrives at Union Station. It's like 4:20? Nearly an hour after my intended arrival time. But I figure that if I can get on the train right away, I can make my flight with time to spare. Lol.

I'm asking around for where the entrance to the underground trains are. I get like 50 different answers, but they're all in the same general direction. It's like two blocks away. Just as I start walking, my suitcase handle snaps. It's a small personal suitcase, a carry-on. But the handle just snapped clean off. And now I have two choices. Either I can lift it in my hand, or I can bend down and roll it. I'm 6 feet tall, so bending down and walking would kill me. So now I'm holding a heavy suitcase in one hand, an instrument case in the other, and a heavy laptop bag with stuff inside across my shoulder. Needless to say, that was a painful two blocks.

So I finally get on the Blue line. Three stops later, they tell us to get off. They're doing... construction work or whatever on the tracks. F THAT. I have to get off and go find a bus to take me to the next stop, since there's a break in the train line. Remember that I'm holding a bass clarinet case and a suitcase, trying to board a bus in Chicago. Now I'm like balancing my luggage on my head, trying not to kill the people who are squeezing my brains out. I finally get to the next train stop 15 minutes of pain later.

From there, no more problems. I ride the train down to the last stop, O'Hare airport. Saved.

Lol.

It's now 6:15. My flight left 10 minutes ago. Yay.

So now I haul my arse up to the desk, plead and plead to get on the next flight. United gives me the next flight at 9pm without extra charge. Cool. I check in my instrument and I head to security. Normal airport procedures follow.

I am put on the waiting list because my seat isn't reserved. My temporary ticket says gate B9. I take a nap for like two hours. My alarm wakes me up, and it's 8:20. A few people are here, but non of the concierges are. I'm like WTF and some dude tells me that they changed gates to B8 or whatever. So I head down there and they're about to board.

We board.

It's now 9pm and I'm ready to end this hellish journey.

It's not 9:40 and I'm still waiting to end this hellish journey.

So, the plane was having some problems. They were doing some maintenance and flashing the lights on and off. But they found some more problems and they determined that the plane was not ready to take off. Great. So now we all have to get off the plane. They tell us that the next working plane won't get here until 11:15. Great. Great. Great.

11:15. New plane arrives. I get on. I go home.

Arrive at 2:30am. Since I can't even take the subway at this hour, I had to call my mom to pick me up. 4am, I get home.

It took me more than 15 hours to get back home. I went by bus, by van, by train, and by plane. All three of these, at some point, were delayed. And it wasn't even a chain delay. I mean, like, they were all each independently delayed. So yeah, the world hates me. What else is new?

:Arrow: Back to episode list
    Sunset
    Sunset

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep2

Post by Sunset May 18th 2009, 9:03 pm

Ugh, Travel horror stories. >_>
    sykog
    sykog

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Blackr10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalw11The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalg10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Zigzag10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 18th 2009, 9:52 pm

I feel bad for you, but it's also funny. :Bounce:
    Army
    Army

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Blackr10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalw11The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalg10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Zigzag10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army May 18th 2009, 10:18 pm

:Clap: :Peace:
    Nice show
    SonicKlonoa
    SonicKlonoa

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by SonicKlonoa June 1st 2009, 9:14 pm

Sweet show, Ringtails! :Clap:

Here's a cookie for you. Cookie
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

Rep24

Post by Ringtails June 3rd 2009, 11:00 pm

Well, Conan is now hosting the Tonight show. I guess I should follow his lead and continue sometime soon.
    Zez
    Zez

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Blackr10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medalw11The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Zigzag10The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 4th 2009, 1:29 am

Still don't have a large enough pool of questions yet?
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

Rep24

Post by Ringtails June 4th 2009, 10:21 pm

Zezima wrote:Still don't have a large enough pool of questions yet?
    I got three really nice questions, but I thought that I should go back to the root of the show. Answering questions is sure nice, but it leaves way too much variation.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 15th 2009, 3:44 am

The Later Than Late Show is evidentally closed.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 15th 2009, 12:45 pm

Off air is the correct wording
    Modiviver
    Modiviver

The Later Than Late Show - Page 5 Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Modiviver June 19th 2009, 4:38 pm

I wish I had a show.
    Though all my stories are filled with weird and utter crazy plots.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 20th 2009, 1:27 am

sykog77 wrote:Off air is the correct wording
    Actually, cancelled would be the best.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog June 20th 2009, 3:19 pm

Fine I just recently saw m first Cici's pizza commercial though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content