The ancient lands.

4 posters

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success!

Zez
    Zez

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! VOZLn

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Blackr10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medalw11Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Zigzag10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Empty Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success!

Post by Zez April 17th 2009, 4:11 am

SEGA's first attempt to bring Mario and Sonic into their own game has definitely been a successful one. Heck, this is the #1 Selling Third-Party game on Wii to date.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games has sold:
    601,000 in Japan, 2,380,000 in the US, and 4,000,100 in other parts of the world.

Congratulations SEGA. Let's see if you can pull something like this off again with Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

:Actioner!!:
    sykog
    sykog

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Imagee10

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Blackr10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medalw11Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medalg10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Zigzag10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medal13

Rep29

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Empty Re: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success!

Post by sykog April 17th 2009, 11:29 am

I think it will sell very well, but not as well as the original.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! VOZLn

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medal13

Rep11

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Empty Re: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success!

Post by Phantom April 17th 2009, 6:22 pm

That depends squarely upon the designers and what they've learned from the first game. Figure out what worked (table tennis was fun), what didn't work (the running stages were a massive workout, and the trivia minigames were pointless), and what can be pushed further.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! ZtZYh

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Blackr10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medalw11Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Zigzag10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! White10Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! Medal13Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games ~ Success! 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 17th 2009, 6:59 pm

The trivia was the only thing I got interested in. THe Dream race thing was okay though. The rest was not my style of gaming. My sister's, but not mine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content