The Freedom Fighter
Zez
Crystal Chaotix 3
Hyper the Hedgehog
Smash The Echidna
Tails
sykog
41 posters

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be.

Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep7

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Empty Re: Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be.

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 23rd 2011, 7:52 pm

This franchise has been boiling down to Sonic and Shadow. They are really the only two consistent "awesome" characters. Blaze and Silver were working up there at some time, but they are starting to fall back again.

And considering how I don't even feel like Shadow is really alive...

Anyway, now is the time for Knuckles to get his own 3D game. It would spark his significance in the series and give him a name (like ShadtH did). Also throw in Shades, Chaos, and Tikal in the game and you've got something good.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 ZtZYh

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Blackr10Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medalw11Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Zigzag10Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 White10Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medal13Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 2nio02t

Rep76

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Empty Re: Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be.

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 23rd 2011, 9:37 pm

Hushimo wrote:Sega has really downplayed his significance as a character in general over the years, he's just Sonic's cheerleader anymore.
    I wouldn't say cheerleader. I forget what he did in Free Riders (I don't think he did anything except a few lines) and Colors, he was pretty good and had his own subplot in Chronicles, in SR:ZG he was almost literally dragged into it by Tails, and in Rivals 1 and 2 he worked on his and with Rouge. Up until SNG he was mostly just a sidekick.

He probably won't get a game anytime soon; Tails will, but we'll have to wait a few years for that. But while Knuckles may not be in the spotlight anymore, at least it means he's doing his duty.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 24th 2011, 7:43 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Hushimo wrote:Sega has really downplayed his significance as a character in general over the years, he's just Sonic's cheerleader anymore.
    I wouldn't say cheerleader. I forget what he did in Free Riders (I don't think he did anything except a few lines) and Colors, he was pretty good and had his own subplot in Chronicles, in SR:ZG he was almost literally dragged into it by Tails, and in Rivals 1 and 2 he worked on his and with Rouge. Up until SNG he was mostly just a sidekick.

He probably won't get a game anytime soon; Tails will, but we'll have to wait a few years for that. But while Knuckles may not be in the spotlight anymore, at least it means he's doing his duty.

None of those games (besides Colors) is canon. And even Colors is questonable.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 July 24th 2011, 1:49 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:

Of course they're canon. There's no reason to assume they aren't.

As for the topic... I would kind of agree. I still like Knuckles as a character overall, but he worked better as guardian of the Master Emerald.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 July 24th 2011, 7:12 pm

Link451 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

Of course they're canon. There's no reason to assume they aren't.

As for the topic... I would kind of agree. I still like Knuckles as a character overall, but he worked better as guardian of the Master Emerald.

I don't qualify them as canon, considering how there are several different series out now. I think the canon died after SA2.
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 3qll2

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon July 25th 2011, 1:26 am

Why would Knuckles not be as cool as he used to be? He used to fight Sonic more and has become more of a good guy. Does he have to be an evil threat to Sonic to be cool? I like Knuckles as a good guy.

Knuckles is one of my favorite characters. I like what they have done with him. When I started reading through this thread it made me think of a couple episodes of Sonic X that highlighted his personality. I will post links to them here so that you can watch them at your leisure...

http://www.4kidstv.com/sonicx/episode/unfair-ball/2763 This one shows a few aspects of his character...His intelligence, his independence, his gullibility (which is quite funny if you ask me), and his heart.

http://www.4kidstv.com/sonicx/episode/unfair-ball/2763 This episode is completely about Knuckles. It shows off his strength, his intelligence, his independence, and heart.

Let me know what you think about Knuckles from watching these.
    TheLordsbeacon
    TheLordsbeacon

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 3qll2

Rep7

Post by TheLordsbeacon August 2nd 2011, 11:02 pm

TheLordsbeacon wrote:Why would Knuckles not be as cool as he used to be? He used to fight Sonic more and has become more of a good guy. Does he have to be an evil threat to Sonic to be cool? I like Knuckles as a good guy.

Knuckles is one of my favorite characters. I like what they have done with him. When I started reading through this thread it made me think of a couple episodes of Sonic X that highlighted his personality. I will post links to them here so that you can watch them at your leisure...

http://www.4kidstv.com/sonicx/episode/unfair-ball/2763 This one shows a few aspects of his character...His intelligence, his independence, his gullibility (which is quite funny if you ask me), and his heart.

http://www.4kidstv.com/sonicx/episode/unfair-ball/2763 This episode is completely about Knuckles. It shows off his strength, his intelligence, his independence, and heart.

Let me know what you think about Knuckles from watching these.

I just now realized I made a mistake after all of this time. Here is the link to the episode that is completely about Knuckles...

http://www.4kidstv.com/sonicx/episode/the-adventures-of-knuckles-and-hawk/2777
    Flame-Eliwood
    Flame-Eliwood

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 WFmvl

Rep8

Post by Flame-Eliwood August 3rd 2011, 1:28 am

Knuckles? Who is Knuckles? [/obvious sarcasm]
    Techimo
    Techimo

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 VOZLn

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medal13Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 15th 2011, 2:08 pm

Knuckles needs his own major role in the next 3d sonic game after Sonic Generations otherwise Knuckles is dead to the franchise.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Imagee10

Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Blackr10Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medalw11Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Zigzag10Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 White10Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medal13Knuckles isnt as awesome as he used to be. - Page 7 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 15th 2011, 9:49 pm

Come on he doesn't chuckle like Sonic
    That makes him 10x as cooler!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content