Sonowske
Schismatist
26 posters

Couples, what do you think of them?

theez

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 3qll2

: Male
     Rep0

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Couples, what do you think of them?

Post by theez April 7th 2011, 12:47 pm

What the heck do you mean by that?
    If you mean that my idea of Shadow and Cream is weird,
    I found a sprite sheet on MFZ with Cream as a Teen
    and Shadow kissing her. That's what I mean. If you think it is a bad idea, I can take it. I doubt that they will have Cream grow up anyway. So just an opinion.

Last edited by theez on April 7th 2011, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Figured out what he meant)
    theez

Rep0

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Couples, what do you think of them?

Post by theez April 7th 2011, 12:53 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:
    Not sure who he is but hopefully he makes things better.

Need? I loled.
    Please, explain yourself. I don't understand.
    I just want to know, isn't there already a Sonya?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 GOMM8

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 26th 2011, 9:32 pm

I'm just going to pretend most of this topic didn't happen so I can get this point across.

Couples shouldn't be taken seriously in an E-rated franchise.
    theez

Rep0

Post by theez April 27th 2011, 12:17 pm

Hushimo wrote:I'm just going to pretend most of this topic didn't happen so I can get this point across.

I guess your right. The only game that actually had cussing was E10, and that was only because of the cussing. So in conclusion, couples are just fantasy's, and Amy having a crush on Sonic is supposed to be funny, nothing more. Even if I do agree with StarDust.
    Yeow95

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Yeow95 June 23rd 2011, 9:36 am

Schismatist wrote:Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 OTP__One_Ton_Pairing_by_RangerSnow
    This is my favorite couple....

No but in all seriousness, what do you think of couples? I personally am not a supporter of them, as I don't care too much for heavy character development in Sonic games.

.......I can't comprehend why people like to draw Sonic characters as really fat blobs (Amy in particular). Confused

Anyway, all couples I don't care for. Only exception is Sonamy because it actually makes sense, but even that I don't really support it, it's just meh to me.

Back in the day though..........whoo.....I HATED all couples, Sonamy the most.

EDIT: I dunno about Rouge flirting with Knuckles/Rouge, though, I probably don't mind as long as it's funny.

Last edited by Yeow95 on June 23rd 2011, 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    Yeow95

Rep0

Post by Yeow95 June 23rd 2011, 9:40 am

theez wrote:
    Hushimo wrote:I'm just going to pretend most of this topic didn't happen so I can get this point across.

I guess your right. The only game that actually had cussing was E10, and that was only because of the cussing. So in conclusion, couples are just fantasy's, and Amy having a crush on Sonic is supposed to be funny, nothing more. Even if I do agree with StarDust.

The game also had weapons and had a pretty dark tone (darker than SA2).
    Shade
    Shade

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 VOZLn

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Zigzag10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade June 23rd 2011, 1:30 pm

Well, they're nice, overall.

That image doesn't flatter them, though.

Still, as long as they make sense, it's okay to couple them.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 23rd 2011, 5:20 pm

Yes, but they could make a spin-off teen series, you never know. It would be something new. Certainly won't happen likely due to lack of publicity, but the possibility is there.

As for couples, I'm all for them if done properly. Sega was getting there with Knuckles and Rouge in SA2, but they didn't stay with it. Now with the series changed, it's pretty much been dropped.

Sonic's probably better without a couple (he stays cool that way). But if he does get one, I think it would have to be a new girl character that can complement him as a main character (fan favorite). Sega really needs a character like this; one that can rival Sonic, be around the same age as him, and be stylish. This will work. But I'm sorry, Sonic/Amy isn't enough in my opinion.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Blackr10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Zigzag10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 White10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 23rd 2011, 6:46 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Yes, but they could make a spin-off teen series, you never know. It would be something new. Certainly won't happen likely due to lack of publicity, but the possibility is there.
    They nearly did too.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:As for couples, I'm all for them if done properly. Sega was getting there with Knuckles and Rouge in SA2, but they didn't stay with it. Now with the series changed, it's pretty much been dropped.
    Just to point out, Rivals 2 almost brought back Knuckles&Rouge, but of course nobody plays that game.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom June 23rd 2011, 8:47 pm

I have always been a huge believer in character development; after all, it was Sonic's personality which compelled me to play the games. But as for the couples, I can't really say I support them unless it serves some kind of story or gameplay purpose, and that's for what's in the games. Aside from that, to character couples I say no.
    Yeow95

Rep0

Post by Yeow95 June 25th 2011, 2:42 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Yes, but they could make a spin-off teen series, you never know. It would be something new. Certainly won't happen likely due to lack of publicity, but the possibility is there.
    They nearly did too.

......what? Aren't the majority of them teens already?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Blackr10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Zigzag10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 White10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 25th 2011, 12:16 pm

Yeow95 wrote:
    They nearly did too.

True, but he meant a series for teenagers. If Shadow The Game had been rated T, it might have happened.
    Yeow95

Rep0

Post by Yeow95 June 26th 2011, 9:15 am

Yeow95 wrote:

True, but he meant a series for teenagers. If Shadow The Game had been rated T, it might have happened.

Oh, I see..............that's a bad idea IMO.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 56qtD

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 26th 2011, 2:22 pm

All I know is, the day I see an anthropomorphic hedgehog kissing anything in a mainstream Sega game is the day I die inside... Oh, wait, that already happened...
    Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Worst_Elise3--article_image

I say the farther away we get from having couples in an E10+ game with anthropomorphic animals, the better.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 26th 2011, 5:36 pm

They nearly did too.
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:As for couples, I'm all for them if done properly. Sega was getting there with Knuckles and Rouge in SA2, but they didn't stay with it. Now with the series changed, it's pretty much been dropped.
    Just to point out, Rivals 2 almost brought back Knuckles&Rouge, but of course nobody plays that game.
    Ah, okay. That was a really good coupling that could have created something.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 27th 2011, 1:07 am

Super Racer Z wrote:All I know is, the day I see an anthropomorphic hedgehog kissing anything in a mainstream Sega game is the day I die inside... Oh, wait, that already happened...
    Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Worst_Elise3--article_image

I say the farther away we get from having couples in an E10+ game with anthropomorphic animals, the better.
    You know, it's amazing how pointless that kiss really was. I know Sega was trying to justify it as being the only way to save Sonic, just so they could get the romance to the peak and finish out Elise. However, when you really think about it, that kiss was absolutely pointless.

Instead, it just gives one more reason Elise's life sucks...>_>
    Sonamy43
    Sonamy43

: Female
     Rep3

Post by Sonamy43 June 29th 2011, 1:47 am

They vary to me... But you can obviously tell that I love the couple Sonic X Amy.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Imagee10

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva October 8th 2011, 1:32 am

Unfortunately, I tend to like pairings >_>;
    When I played through Chronicles I definitely put Sonic with Amy. I guess I just like to see romance or whatever...
    Techimo
    Techimo

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 8th 2011, 3:41 am

I only like couples when I see them and as SA2 said they need new charaters in the Sonic Series.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Zigzag10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 White10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern October 8th 2011, 8:34 am

Think of Hitler as me

now think of Speer as a Sonic fan who mentions a sonic couple

now watch this with that in your mind

Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo October 8th 2011, 11:52 am

My opinion:

SonAmy: Sure, why not?
    Shadouge: Eh, it's alright.
    ShadAmy: No.
    Knuxouge: Yeah, I guess it's a little canon.
    TailsxCosmo: Cutest thing ever.

At this point anything else we could get into would disturb me. I'm one of those rare people that actually always supports canon couples.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva October 8th 2011, 12:10 pm

I think I'd have to agree with Ashley, if it's canon then it's good in my book, if not please stop, the only exception being if they're hinting at it strongly, like with Knuckles and Rouge.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 White10Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 8th 2011, 12:49 pm

Auflodern wrote:Think of Hitler as me

now think of Speer as a Sonic fan who mentions a sonic couple

now watch this with that in your mind

Spoiler:
    Posts like this make me glad the rep system is here.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva October 8th 2011, 1:15 pm

Look, I get that you guys don't like fans mentioning couples, but I'm trying to be really reasonable about this. You don't really have to bash us so hard...
    Techimo
    Techimo

Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medal13Couples, what do you think of them? - Page 2 Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 8th 2011, 1:20 pm

A war is about to start.... But I dislike couples they are nothing to the story (Sorry Ashley and Nuva)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content