The ancient lands.

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions?

Techimo
    Techimo

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 5 VOZLn

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 5 Medal13RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 5 Medalw11

: Male
     Rep15

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 5 Empty RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions?

Post by Techimo

We’re technically not yet at Sonic Generations‘s launch day. But TSSZ has learned through a source that development is already well underway on Sonic’s next adventure tailored to Nintendo’s next console–and it’s not a Generations port.

TSSZ has learned Sonic Dimensions, a working title for the next Sonic, will take place directly after Generations and be a spiritual successor to Sonic Colors. We don’t know if this game will necessarily be exclusive to the Wii U, but we’re told it will have visual quality in line with Generations and it will take advantage of many Wii U specific capabilities. That includes the use of the Wii U mini-tablets for up to a 4 person multiplayer, and use of the revised Wii U remote and its touchscreen to destroy enemies and activate powers.

So what’s the gimmick this time? TSSZ has learned Dimensions’s storyline will center around another time-space continuum shift at the hands of Eggman that not only alters Sonic’s world, but himself. Sonic will allegedly split into multiple personalities denoted by color–each of which having their own unique abilities. That’s right, if this holds, recolored Sonics are now a reality.

In addition to the main Sonic, which will remain blue and act as a core uniting “ghost” of sorts in-game, we’re told there will be five other colors: Red, Orange, Purple, Green, and Yellow. We were told very specific things about each Sonic. Red Sonic, for example, can cause explosions to presumably open up new areas, but has a slow speed and a short jump. Purple Sonic, allegedly parodying Shadow and Silver, will be able to move platforms and float, with the dark nonsensical attitude to boot. And perhaps the most interesting tidbit: our sources compared the Orange personality to Big the Cat, a lumbering hedgehog even slower than his red counterpart…until he’s powered up. There is also a yellow Sonic–not a Super Sonic–that will be the fastest of them all, but take damage easily. The source alleges only two of the personalities can be used in-stage, but all may be able to combine and act as an equivalent Super Guide. The White Sonic allegedly pops up as an option after dying in a stage a certain number of times. Using it guarantees the lowest rank at the end.

If that sounds a lot like a Nintendo idea, that’s because it is, and no wonder; we’ve learned Sega is allegedly working directly with some Nintendo developers on this game. That’s in addition to most of, if not the entire staff for Sonic Colors being back on board for Dimensions. The Nintendo developers are allegedly assisting Sega design the levels, which we’re told will be more surreal, on similar thinking as Colors. Music Plant from Sonic Advance 2 was cited as a stage that may see its ideas and concepts revived for Dimensions.

Another concept allegedly coming back: Rival battles. Eggman’s scheme is allegedly so out of control, it splits apart not just Sonic, but everyone in his world, including his friends, and the mad doctor himself. One example we learned about was the possibility of Sonic and personalities fighting an evil version of Amy Rose, finally tired of Sonic refusing her advances. We’re also told Eggman will split, and a kind-hearted version of him will act as Sonic’s guide.

The final item of note from our source is yet another assurance that we will see some 2D gameplay within, and those mechanics will be “directly ripped” from the classic Sonic physics, though we’ve heard that line for a while.

Our source requested anonymity, as the source was not authorized to speak publicly about the above details. The source also clearly advised to not necessarily take all the information at face value, since this is still a work in progress.

We are likely months away from knowing anything more about this project, if these details hold up. There remain a lot of matters here that are a bit rough around the edges, and for that and other reasons we’re filing this under Rumor despite having confidence in at least some of the information presented. Remember: When we learned about Sonic Generations in 2010, six months before its formal unveiling, it was known as just Sonic Anniversary with only a few details clear as well. This is something we will have to watch over time; do not expect instant gratification. Nevertheless, we will pass along anything more that we hear.
    Share this post on: reddit

Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 24th 2011, 6:43 pm by Nnoitra Hushimo

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:There's only one solution, and I've said this many times.
    Bring back the Adventure-styled gameplay!
    So then it'll be remade levels with remade gameplay? Still fine by me either way. :P
    Well what I sorta was thinking was you know, having them make another Adventure title with a new story. I don't care how they come up with a story, as long as it makes sense and fun to play. And I DO want multiple playable characters.
    bluespeedofsound

Post November 24th 2011, 7:47 pm by bluespeedofsound

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I give up. Sega just doesn't get it. The only good games they can create are living in the past. Sonic's dead. The End. I'll stick to nostalgia and that's it.
    Sonic Adventure 2

Post November 24th 2011, 8:10 pm by Sonic Adventure 2

SonicFan001 wrote:
    So then it'll be remade levels with remade gameplay? Still fine by me either way. :P
    Well what I sorta was thinking was you know, having them make another Adventure title with a new story. I don't care how they come up with a story, as long as it makes sense and fun to play. And I DO want multiple playable characters.
    A coherent story is a crucial part of making the Adventure series fruitful. If the story isn't good, the game lacks meaningful substance.
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 25th 2011, 10:46 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:
    A coherent story is a crucial part of making the Adventure series fruitful. If the story isn't good, the game lacks meaningful substance.
    And that's for damned sure.
    The Freedom Fighter

Post November 25th 2011, 4:04 pm by The Freedom Fighter

SonicFan001 wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:
    Oh yeah, definitely. Even SNG, despite failing, still tried for a good story, and even succeeded at times.
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 25th 2011, 6:37 pm by Nnoitra Hushimo

SonicFan001 wrote:
    Oh yeah, definitely. Even SNG, despite failing, still tried for a good story, and even succeeded at times.
    I've never heard of that so I wouldn't really know.
    Gaming Misfit

Post November 25th 2011, 7:09 pm by Gaming Misfit

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 5 Donotwant

I wish SEGA would just re-introduce multiple playable characters and quit wasting their time trying to tip toe around it.
    The Freedom Fighter

Post November 26th 2011, 5:00 pm by The Freedom Fighter

SonicFan001 wrote:
    SonicFan001 wrote:
    I've never heard of that so I wouldn't really know.
    Sonic The Hedgehog: Let's Mosey With Mephiles.
    Light Dash

Post November 27th 2011, 12:56 am by Light Dash

They did that with Sonic 06, and look how that was generally received.
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 27th 2011, 1:12 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

Light Dash wrote:

They did that with Sonic 06, and look how that was generally received.
    Only because it was "executed" badly. It was fine with me, although it really wasn't that great.
    Light Dash

Post November 27th 2011, 1:14 am by Light Dash

How so?
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 27th 2011, 1:18 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

Light Dash wrote:How so?
    I guess all the glitches had made it unplayable and the story wasn't really at it's best, considering that everything was really pointless *not going to spoil the ending*.
    Light Dash

Post November 27th 2011, 1:23 am by Light Dash

I don't get what glitches have to do with bad execution.
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 27th 2011, 1:40 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

Hmmmm...I don't either now.
    Light Dash

Post November 27th 2011, 1:45 am by Light Dash

That aside, all I'm saying is that the Adventure style gameplay isn't necessarily going to be the all-cure for Sonic. While it could be, I don't think it'll be the great improvement everyone is wanting, a good example being Sonic 06.
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 27th 2011, 1:47 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

Light Dash wrote:That aside, all I'm saying is that the Adventure style gameplay isn't necessarily going to be the all-cure for Sonic. While it could be, I don't think it'll be the great improvement everyone is wanting, a good example being Sonic 06.
    Unless it'll be totally awesome and everyone will like it, well...maybe not the classic fans, but about everyone else will if they made it.
    Techimo

Post November 27th 2011, 5:14 am by Techimo

I think I know a modern Sonic game which has adventure style.... Unleashed with the Werehog!
    Sonic Adventure 2

Post November 27th 2011, 9:55 am by Sonic Adventure 2

SonicFan001 wrote:
    Haven't played the game, but I disagree. Sonic being revived was cheesy, and so was the fact that Sonic kissed a human. The story has flaws itself.
    TrueSonicBlue

Post November 28th 2011, 11:32 am by TrueSonicBlue

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Haven't played the game, but I disagree. Sonic being revived was cheesy, and so was the fact that Sonic kissed a human. The story has flaws itself.

first of all sonic didn't kiss Else she kissed him and it may have been cheesy but for that type of game it was good in my opinion although it had it's flaws only because they rush into production. Because Sony was gonna cut them loss and the had planed to have the game out by December. it's wasn't supposed to have adventure style game play it was suppose to be the first step into the new generation.
    Nuva

Post November 28th 2011, 3:21 pm by Nuva

I like this guy, it's nice to see someone else who still likes the Sonic games.
    (Not saying you guys don't, just that you have more negative views of the newer games.)
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 28th 2011, 5:15 pm by Nnoitra Hushimo

nuva500 wrote:I like this guy, it's nice to see someone else who still likes the Sonic games.
    (Not saying you guys don't, just that you have more negative views of the newer games.)
    It's not that I don't like them, just saying I like the older games more.
    TrueSonicBlue

Post November 28th 2011, 8:58 pm by TrueSonicBlue

once again thank you nuva500. I think a lot of people like the newer sonic games they are just afraid of saying anything because of the negative things people might say to them.

Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 29th 2011, 12:36 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 5 Shrug
    Nuva

Post November 30th 2011, 9:25 am by Nuva

What am I looking at
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post November 30th 2011, 7:45 pm by Nnoitra Hushimo

nuva500 wrote:What am I looking at
    A "*shrug*"

Post  by Sponsored content