The ancient lands.

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions?

Techimo
    Techimo

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 6 VOZLn

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 6 Medal13RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 6 Medalw11

: Male
     Rep15

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 6 Empty RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions?

Post by Techimo

We’re technically not yet at Sonic Generations‘s launch day. But TSSZ has learned through a source that development is already well underway on Sonic’s next adventure tailored to Nintendo’s next console–and it’s not a Generations port.

TSSZ has learned Sonic Dimensions, a working title for the next Sonic, will take place directly after Generations and be a spiritual successor to Sonic Colors. We don’t know if this game will necessarily be exclusive to the Wii U, but we’re told it will have visual quality in line with Generations and it will take advantage of many Wii U specific capabilities. That includes the use of the Wii U mini-tablets for up to a 4 person multiplayer, and use of the revised Wii U remote and its touchscreen to destroy enemies and activate powers.

So what’s the gimmick this time? TSSZ has learned Dimensions’s storyline will center around another time-space continuum shift at the hands of Eggman that not only alters Sonic’s world, but himself. Sonic will allegedly split into multiple personalities denoted by color–each of which having their own unique abilities. That’s right, if this holds, recolored Sonics are now a reality.

In addition to the main Sonic, which will remain blue and act as a core uniting “ghost” of sorts in-game, we’re told there will be five other colors: Red, Orange, Purple, Green, and Yellow. We were told very specific things about each Sonic. Red Sonic, for example, can cause explosions to presumably open up new areas, but has a slow speed and a short jump. Purple Sonic, allegedly parodying Shadow and Silver, will be able to move platforms and float, with the dark nonsensical attitude to boot. And perhaps the most interesting tidbit: our sources compared the Orange personality to Big the Cat, a lumbering hedgehog even slower than his red counterpart…until he’s powered up. There is also a yellow Sonic–not a Super Sonic–that will be the fastest of them all, but take damage easily. The source alleges only two of the personalities can be used in-stage, but all may be able to combine and act as an equivalent Super Guide. The White Sonic allegedly pops up as an option after dying in a stage a certain number of times. Using it guarantees the lowest rank at the end.

If that sounds a lot like a Nintendo idea, that’s because it is, and no wonder; we’ve learned Sega is allegedly working directly with some Nintendo developers on this game. That’s in addition to most of, if not the entire staff for Sonic Colors being back on board for Dimensions. The Nintendo developers are allegedly assisting Sega design the levels, which we’re told will be more surreal, on similar thinking as Colors. Music Plant from Sonic Advance 2 was cited as a stage that may see its ideas and concepts revived for Dimensions.

Another concept allegedly coming back: Rival battles. Eggman’s scheme is allegedly so out of control, it splits apart not just Sonic, but everyone in his world, including his friends, and the mad doctor himself. One example we learned about was the possibility of Sonic and personalities fighting an evil version of Amy Rose, finally tired of Sonic refusing her advances. We’re also told Eggman will split, and a kind-hearted version of him will act as Sonic’s guide.

The final item of note from our source is yet another assurance that we will see some 2D gameplay within, and those mechanics will be “directly ripped” from the classic Sonic physics, though we’ve heard that line for a while.

Our source requested anonymity, as the source was not authorized to speak publicly about the above details. The source also clearly advised to not necessarily take all the information at face value, since this is still a work in progress.

We are likely months away from knowing anything more about this project, if these details hold up. There remain a lot of matters here that are a bit rough around the edges, and for that and other reasons we’re filing this under Rumor despite having confidence in at least some of the information presented. Remember: When we learned about Sonic Generations in 2010, six months before its formal unveiling, it was known as just Sonic Anniversary with only a few details clear as well. This is something we will have to watch over time; do not expect instant gratification. Nevertheless, we will pass along anything more that we hear.
    Share this post on: reddit

Hushimo

Post December 1st 2011, 8:13 pm by Hushimo

8 pages later, and nothing about Dimensions. Well done.
    Nuva

Post December 1st 2011, 8:56 pm by Nuva

I'm in the thread, surely you don't expect the conversation to stay on topic?

But your point is taken. Honestly I'm pretty sketchy about the whole idea for Dimensions, but if they pull it off well (and they've got Nintendo with them, who are the masters at pulling stuff like this off, see Epic Yarn for a horrible idea that still made an amazing game) I'll probably still enjoy it.
    5hadow

Post December 7th 2011, 6:18 pm by 5hadow

Chronicles
    Colors
    Generations
    Dimensions

The Sonic Team appears to be obsessed with plurals, no?

Though I must admit, I love the word Dimension when it refers to alternate universes of some sort. It should be good! ^^
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post December 7th 2011, 7:27 pm by Nnoitra Hushimo

Who knows? It could be great, then again it could be terrible. I hope this game will be fine though.
    Nuva

Post December 7th 2011, 8:35 pm by Nuva

Or it could be GAME OF THE YEAR. Or maybe at least get a decent review without the reviewer going "lol another sonic game dun worry gais this one looks decent."
    5hadow

Post December 7th 2011, 10:30 pm by 5hadow

I hate reading reviews for Sonic games because the reviewers rarely give suggestions. Getting paid to just point out every negative thing about a game without giving solutions to fixing those problems isn't very fair. o_O

Not sure what critics are wanting exactly from the Sonic games. They got good graphics and original stories in each game, that's a good thing. xD
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post December 7th 2011, 10:33 pm by Nnoitra Hushimo

Critics will be critics I suppose.
    5hadow

Post December 7th 2011, 10:35 pm by 5hadow

I am going to critique the next Sonic game that comes out. xD
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Post December 8th 2011, 8:39 am by Nnoitra Hushimo

You shouldn't if it's really good.
    Hushimo

Post December 10th 2011, 12:15 pm by Hushimo

Dimensions and alter egos, because it worked so well for Spider-Man.

Post March 12th 2012, 7:07 pm by Marowik

Well, and Epic Yarn is a great example, dimensions could be good (Stupid idea = great game), but we don't even know if the rumor is true.
    Nuva

Post March 12th 2012, 9:24 pm by Nuva

Valid reasoning. If Nintendo can turn Epic Yarn into an amazing game I'm convinced they can make anything fun.
    The Freedom Fighter

Post April 25th 2012, 3:32 pm by The Freedom Fighter

Well, Iizuka revealed it was just a rumor.
    Anonymous

Post April 25th 2012, 8:31 pm by Guest

I think I'm glad about that.
    NeoMetalSonic

Post April 26th 2012, 5:20 am by NeoMetalSonic

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, Iizuka revealed it was just a rumor.
    Well shit

Post October 13th 2012, 2:37 pm by Alex The Hedgehog

soo, a sonic game with multiple sonics eh? ummm...

RUMOR: Sonic Dimensions? - Page 6 Splash-03

nah, probably not.
    Zez

Post October 17th 2012, 2:34 pm by Zez

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, Iizuka revealed it was just a rumor.

Thank Zaj.
    *ShiningStar*

Post October 17th 2012, 5:06 pm by *ShiningStar*

Sonic Dimensions has the same chance of happening as SA3.
    Zez

Post November 8th 2012, 12:11 am by Zez

This topic should be moved out of here, it's been confirmed that Sonic Team's IQ is still passable by public school standards.

Post  by Sponsored content