Army
NeoMetalSonic
Chaosmaster8753
21 posters

Is Sonic getting too much hate?

Poll

Too much hate?

[ 14 ]
    Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Bar_le1188%Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [88%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Bar_le1112%Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [12%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Veemon

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 WFmvl

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10

: Male
     Rep0

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Sonic getting too much hate?

Post by Veemon February 19th 2009, 10:51 pm

To be honest, I feel that he is.
    Hatred towards Games, Cartoons, Comics. Hate is spread all around towards Sonic. But I don't expect it to go away any time soon unfortunately. I'll still buy Sonic handhelds though.
    I AM SILVER
    I AM SILVER

Rep0

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Sonic getting too much hate?

Post by I AM SILVER February 19th 2009, 11:16 pm

Sonic is not really as good as he once was. SEGA should stop makeing 5 Sonic games a year, and focus more on other games, like Jet Set Radio. Sonic will have more respect that way when they come up with a fully though of idea.
    Zez
    Zez

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 VOZLn

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Zigzag10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 19th 2009, 11:55 pm

I AM SILVER wrote:Sonic is not really as good as he once was. SEGA should stop makeing 5 Sonic games a year, and focus more on other games, like Jet Set Radio. Sonic will have more respect that way when they come up with a fully though of idea.

Heartily agreed.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalg10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Zigzag10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 5th 2010, 1:34 pm

Maybe.
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 6th 2010, 9:22 am

Definetly toooo much hate D: it's really unneccesary, so the media thinks he has a couple of bad games as many (true so-called) sonic fans hate a load of sonic games cos they're 3D. So far I've never been disapointed with a sonic game ever and even when a bad game comes round, i'll buy it and every game after that...even merchandise, whenever I can, cos SEGA need support, sonic needs support. SEGA can't expect to meet everyones demands for a good sonic game, near-enough everyone loves sonic adventure, so they tried making many games similar like; Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic 06 etc and people critice them even though they have the same bugs as Sonic Adventure, Jeeeeez!!!
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Kz2PK

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 January 6th 2010, 5:58 pm

I AM SILVER wrote:Sonic is not really as good as he once was. SEGA should stop makeing 5 Sonic games a year, and focus more on other games, like Jet Set Radio. Sonic will have more respect that way when they come up with a fully though of idea.

...There's only been like 2 major Sonics that will be/were released last and next year:
    2008: Black Knight and Winter Olympics (though it's half Sonic, half Mario)
    2009: Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing (though it's shared w/other SEGA franchises and Banjo-Kazooie) and Project Needlemouse.

As for the lack of "good" games as people claim, I thought that a game that got in the 6 range wasn't bad?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Zigzag10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 White10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 6th 2010, 6:04 pm

Wrong years...
    Jmh
    Jmh

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Imagee10

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 White10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 6th 2010, 6:21 pm

Sonic games suck. They should never be made.
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 6th 2010, 6:31 pm

Jmh wrote:Sonic games suck. They should never be made.

Says the imature lil spitfuck with Sonic as his picture and as his sig : ):
    Jmh
    Jmh

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 White10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 6th 2010, 6:45 pm

sonicfan01 wrote:
    Jmh wrote:Sonic games suck. They should never be made.

Says the imature lil spitfuck with Sonic as his picture and as his sig : ):
    Yes, I am vary "imature".

Also,

spitfuck

What the hell does that mean?
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 6th 2010, 6:48 pm

getting a lil off-topic don't ya think :ROFL:
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 6th 2010, 6:50 pm

sonicfan01 wrote:getting a lil off-topic don't ya think :ROFL:
    Yeah.

Oh and in-case you're wondering I was being sarcastic when I said Sonic games suck.
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 6th 2010, 6:51 pm

It wouldn't kill to put a laugh-face or an "lol" XD
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 6th 2010, 6:52 pm

sonicfan01 wrote:It wouldn't kill to put a laugh-face or an "lol" XD
    lol Laughing laugh : ):
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 6th 2010, 6:52 pm

Thank you ;)
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 6th 2010, 6:54 pm

sonicfan01 wrote:Thank you ;)
    You are welcome.
    Zez
    Zez

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Zigzag10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez January 6th 2010, 7:00 pm

Wow. A civilized flame-war. I need to go see an optometrist. I'll be back tomorrow, bye guys.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom January 6th 2010, 9:49 pm

Ever since 2006, Sonic has been getting stuck with a disproportionate amount of hate from almost all fronts in the gaming world. I honestly believe that it really does not have to be like this at all. I've seen very twisted love/hate relationships with the series that would rival the bitterness that even the most diehard Star Wars fan would have about the prequel trilogy (and after a recent viewing of Episode I, I don't blame them).

And expanding on that analogy, just like Star Wars it is clear the impact which Sonic had on games as we know it. The first expansion pack to a game, intuitive gameplay, and to my knowledge among the first to show real character in a game (idle animations, personalities for each character, etc.). Unfortunately, though I don't deny that the recent Sonic games don't quite reach that standard, to condemn the whole series since game one would be like being so mad at Episode I that one would go as far as saying that the original Star Wars was just as bad.

I think that the "Sonic Cycle" is a waste of time; an unnecessary delusion based entirely upon biased expectations.
    I think any responsible team of game designers, especially if they have any concern for their jobs, will learn from past mistakes and tap into some real imagination when it comes to game design. Game design is never easy, especially for long-winded series with massive risk and gambling with massive budgets and manpower.
    I think that stereotypes of Sonic fans need to be shattered; I refuse to submit to a blanket description of a Sonic fan defined by some over-protective degenerate out there.
    I think that no game should ever be declared bad before anything is even known about it; all games deserve a chance for whomever they may appeal to.
    I think people need to be reminded about what Sonic really is--epitomizing effervescent charm and blazing, intense gameplay.
    sykog
    sykog

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalg10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Zigzag10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog January 6th 2010, 11:07 pm

Phantom wrote:Ever since 2006, Sonic has been getting stuck with a disproportionate amount of hate from almost all fronts in the gaming world. I honestly believe that it really does not have to be like this at all. I've seen very twisted love/hate relationships with the series that would rival the bitterness that even the most diehard Star Wars fan would have about the prequel trilogy (and after a recent viewing of Episode I, I don't blame them).

And expanding on that analogy, just like Star Wars it is clear the impact which Sonic had on games as we know it. The first expansion pack to a game, intuitive gameplay, and to my knowledge among the first to show real character in a game (idle animations, personalities for each character, etc.). Unfortunately, though I don't deny that the recent Sonic games don't quite reach that standard, to condemn the whole series since game one would be like being so mad at Episode I that one would go as far as saying that the original Star Wars was just as bad.

I think that the "Sonic Cycle" is a waste of time; an unnecessary delusion based entirely upon biased expectations.
    I think any responsible team of game designers, especially if they have any concern for their jobs, will learn from past mistakes and tap into some real imagination when it comes to game design. Game design is never easy, especially for long-winded series with massive risk and gambling with massive budgets and manpower.
    I think that stereotypes of Sonic fans need to be shattered; I refuse to submit to a blanket description of a Sonic fan defined by some over-protective degenerate out there.
    I think that no game should ever be declared bad before anything is even known about it; all games deserve a chance for whomever they may appeal to.
    I think people need to be reminded about what Sonic really is--epitomizing effervescent charm and blazing, intense gameplay.
    Yes. That's really irritating.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Blackr10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalg10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 White10Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz January 7th 2010, 6:35 pm

sonicfan01 wrote:It wouldn't kill to put a laugh-face or an "lol" XD
    How about covering himself with pictures of character he's pretending to make fun of?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 56qtD

Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medalw11Is Sonic getting too much hate? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z January 9th 2010, 3:34 am

The above situation was hilarious.

And yes, he gets way too much hate. There's so many people out there hating every one of his 3D games just cause now, that it's getting ridiculous. The sonic fanbase and the anti sonic fanbase to chill the hell out. If they want to hate on the games, they should actually play them first for more then a day, then post constructively and with descriptive points of their views and experiences and what they thought were problematic or not fun(or hell, maybe even think about what was fun or a good addition to the game for once).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content