Ringtails
sykog
Zez
74 posters

Anime

Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Medalg10Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Anime - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime

Post by Roterblitz March 12th 2009, 9:27 pm

Omnihush wrote:That's the difference between mass death and personal deaths.

Death Note had no problems with killing masses of people, but it was excellent when portraying single character deaths, suicides, the choices, and the aftermath of such losses.
    True. If Joseph Stalin is to be believed, "one death is a tragedy, but a million is just a statistic".
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

Anime - Page 3 GOMM8

Anime - Page 3 Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan March 30th 2009, 4:23 pm

I'm not a huge anime fan, but I like Sonic X, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon and Mermaid Melody, and yes, I'm weird for liking the latter two, I know. XP
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 March 30th 2009, 4:25 pm

Sonic Fan wrote:I'm not a huge anime fan, but I like Sonic X, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon and Mermaid Melody, and yes, I'm weird for liking the latter two, I know. XP

I'm sorry, but those aren't true animes to me. Animes are things made from japan and have action/drama in them such as Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, ect. Pokemon and stuff like that are just childish. No offense to you and to anyone else who likes the shows, but its just my opinion.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Medalg10Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 31st 2009, 12:48 am

Shadow122 wrote:I'm sorry, but those aren't true animes to me. Animes are things made from japan and have action/drama in them such as Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, ect.
    Those are examples of Shonen, which is just a genre of anime. Even though Shonen are, by far, the most common and make up the most popular anime, they're not the only kind.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 March 31st 2009, 12:59 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    Shadow122 wrote:I'm sorry, but those aren't true animes to me. Animes are things made from japan and have action/drama in them such as Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, ect.
    Those are examples of Shonen, which is just a genre of anime. Even though Shonen are, by far, the most common and make up the most popular anime, they're not the only kind.

Ah I didn't know that there were diff. genre of anime.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Anime - Page 3 Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor April 1st 2009, 12:27 am

I have liked many animes. But Eureka Seven is the only anime I will ever love.
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

Anime - Page 3 GOMM8

Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails April 1st 2009, 12:37 am

Last episode (51) of Soul Eater subbed today. Gonna watch it soon. Pretty awesome series, so I'll check the manga out after or whatevaz.

Oh yeah, Soul Eater is animated by Bones, same company who did Eureka 7
    Zez
    Zez

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Zigzag10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez April 1st 2009, 12:45 am

Most Animes I can't get into, but the ony ones I really liked were Death note, Inuyasha, and The Boondocks.
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 April 1st 2009, 12:45 pm

Zezima wrote:Most Animes I can't get into, but the ony ones I really liked were Death note, Inuyasha, and The Boondocks.

I loved Death Note.
    Zez
    Zez

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Zigzag10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez April 2nd 2009, 2:12 am

Shadow122 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:Most Animes I can't get into, but the ony ones I really liked were Death note, Inuyasha, and The Boondocks.

I loved Death Note.

More commonalities!! :Mr. Green:
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 2nd 2009, 7:40 pm

I'm surprised I didn't get here before the others.

Well, yes I like anime. Certain ones that don't get unnecessarily too bloody or serious though.

My favorite anime is One Piece. I guess the original Dragonball would be next after that.
    Boom
    Boom

Anime - Page 3 GOMM8

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep1

Post by Boom April 2nd 2009, 9:49 pm

At the moment FLCL.
    I loved Death Note.
    But I wish it was a novel.
    Would of done better I think.
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

Anime - Page 3 GOMM8

Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails April 2nd 2009, 10:24 pm

One of my favorite aspects about Death Note was the music. That part gets lost in a book.
    Zez
    Zez

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez April 2nd 2009, 10:27 pm

Omnihush wrote:One of my favorite aspects about Death Note was the music. That part gets lost in a book.

My favorite aspect is the mental chess game that is constantly present between L and Light and the oh so uber plot twists minor enough to not be overwhelming, but major enough to cause a shift in the story. I really can't find anything comparable to how well death note is written except House M.D., and Scrubs. There may be a few others I forgot.
    Army
    Army

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Medalg10Anime - Page 3 Zigzag10Anime - Page 3 Medal13Anime - Page 3 Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army April 3rd 2009, 12:26 am

I only like
    Naruto
    DBZ
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 3rd 2009, 1:52 am

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:I only like
    Naruto
    DBZ

I always saw these as "All fight and no story."
    Zez
    Zez

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez April 3rd 2009, 1:52 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Naruto
    DBZ

Same here. I like more well written stories than "Punch, I win!" "Kick! I win!"
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 3rd 2009, 1:57 am

Zezima wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Naruto
    DBZ

Yeah. And they don't really know how to take care of their large abundance of characters like One Piece or the original Dragonball does either.

In Naruto they were used in a way that made it seem Naruto shouldn't have been the main character. And in DBZ pretty much everyone who couldn't become a Super Saiyan was useless.
    Zez
    Zez

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez April 3rd 2009, 2:09 am

I hate it when the main character is not the most useful. It defeats the whole point of making them one.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Anime - Page 3 Imagee10

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Zigzag10Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13Anime - Page 3 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic April 3rd 2009, 3:03 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Naruto
    DBZ

Yeah. And they don't really know how to take care of their large abundance of characters like One Piece or the original Dragonball does either.

In Naruto they were used in a way that made it seem Naruto shouldn't have been the main character. And in DBZ pretty much everyone who couldn't become a Super Saiyan was useless.
    Sad but true
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 3rd 2009, 7:01 pm

Well at least it wasn't what GT was. The only reason I was able to sit through that non-canon spin-off was because Goku became a kid again. If he hadn't I wouldn't have been interested in the slightest.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Anime - Page 3 ZtZYh

Anime - Page 3 Blackr10Anime - Page 3 Medalw11Anime - Page 3 Zigzag10Anime - Page 3 White10Anime - Page 3 Medal13Anime - Page 3 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 3rd 2009, 7:43 pm

I loved DB, DBZ, and DBGT, especially because of the fighting. Fighting was the major thing. It was like a law that every episode had to have a fight in them too. If you were watching it for some other reason, yeah, bad idea.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz April 4th 2009, 12:27 am

Zezima wrote:My favorite aspect is the mental chess game that is constantly present between L and Light and the oh so uber plot twists minor enough to not be overwhelming, but major enough to cause a shift in the story.
    That was why I only liked the first half, even before L died, Light's "plans" started getting so illogical, convoluted, and unnecessarily evil for seemingly no reason that it was like the series was making fun of itself. And don't get me started on Near the Psychic.

Last edited by Roterblitz on April 4th 2009, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zez
    Zez

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep24

Post by Zez April 4th 2009, 1:01 am

I wish I hadn't read that. I haven't watched the series, and you gave away a spoiler. Oh, well.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Anime - Page 3 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 April 4th 2009, 1:46 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:I loved DB, DBZ, and DBGT, especially because of the fighting. Fighting was the major thing. It was like a law that every episode had to have a fight in them too. If you were watching it for some other reason, yeah, bad idea.

Not a bad idea really. Like I said I loved Dragonball. It isn't the fighting that I'm talking about. It's the 'all fight and no story' I'm talking about. Plus, Dragonball wasn't as repetitive with their fights as DBZ and GT was which made them more enjoyable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content