Pianta
codeorange
SuperSonicgamer079
Army
Erazor
The Freedom Fighter
a bee
31 posters

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore?

sykog
    sykog

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Imagee10

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalg10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Zigzag10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore?

Post by sykog August 29th 2009, 1:39 pm

TalkingObject wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:I haven't been there lately, but there was never that many favorite hedgehog topics. You'd be lucky to see one a week.
    But you won't have trouble finding"Whats your favorite charater" threads or "Here is what SEGA should do"
    Two more. "Why does Sonic suck so much?" "Silver/Shadow needs his own game."
    Independence76

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 GOMM8

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalg10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep4

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore?

Post by Independence76 August 29th 2009, 4:46 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    Independence76 wrote:Think of how many "what is your favorite hedgehog?" topics made per week.
    Those topics can always be ignored, but when you try to have a serious discussion (or at least as seriously as you can talk about Sonic the Hedgehog) it becomes a problem. It's like pouring your heart out to someone who isn't even listening.

It's difficult to have serious discussions over kids games.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalg10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 White10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 29th 2009, 4:48 pm

Independence76 wrote:
    Roterblitz wrote:
    Independence76 wrote:Think of how many "what is your favorite hedgehog?" topics made per week.
    Those topics can always be ignored, but when you try to have a serious discussion (or at least as seriously as you can talk about Sonic the Hedgehog) it becomes a problem. It's like pouring your heart out to someone who isn't even listening.

It's difficult to have serious discussions over kids games.
    Both are valid points. However, there is a line between serious and obsessive. I mean, a serious discussion about the actual plot, gameplay, music I can get. But digging into the character's personalities is just too rediculous.
    silversapphire919
    silversapphire919

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 WFmvl

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10

: Female
     Rep0

Post by silversapphire919 August 30th 2009, 2:30 am

a bee wrote:haha I love how they take reputation so seriously (my friends list also have brains and wits and also in the negative reps). I'm in the -5's now because I posted this XD

Haha, that was about my avatar for the "Rate the Avatar" thingy. I thought it was funny, cause I see the resemblance!

But the SEGA boards seem to be dying lately. None of my old friends are ever on anymore. I hardly go on there anymore because of that. So I'll probably be on here more often. : ):
    sykog
    sykog

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalg10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Zigzag10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 30th 2009, 1:22 pm

silversapphire919 wrote:
    a bee wrote:haha I love how they take reputation so seriously (my friends list also have brains and wits and also in the negative reps). I'm in the -5's now because I posted this XD

Haha, that was about my avatar for the "Rate the Avatar" thingy. I thought it was funny, cause I see the resemblance!

But the SEGA boards seem to be dying lately. None of my old friends are ever on anymore. I hardly go on there anymore because of that. So I'll probably be on here more often. : ):
    *cheers* :Clap:
    Ringtails
    Ringtails

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 White10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Ringtails August 31st 2009, 12:48 am

How do I play Sega forum?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 31st 2009, 1:41 am

The admins keep banning me, and I don't really have much incentive to make an account. The only real reason I re-register is to talk with Rebel and Laharl, and Laharl I have added on AIM. If I manage to do the same with Rebel, then I'll probably never be seen around there again.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog September 1st 2009, 1:05 pm

Mly wrote:The admins keep banning me, and I don't really have much incentive to make an account. The only real reason I re-register is to talk with Rebel and Laharl, and Laharl I have added on AIM. If I manage to do the same with Rebel, then I'll probably never be seen around there again.
    laugh laugh laugh I'm not surprised.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest September 1st 2009, 3:21 pm

But, but, but, I'm so witty and smart-like! [pout]
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog September 1st 2009, 4:33 pm

Mly wrote:But, but, but, I'm so witty and smart-like! [pout]
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool September 1st 2009, 4:36 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    spam?
    also, lol at mly.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog September 1st 2009, 4:43 pm

joeoflula wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    spam?
    also, lol at mly.
    No, that's all that needed to be said.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest September 1st 2009, 9:59 pm

YOU DARE DOUBT MY POWERS!? BURN!

...Eh, I'm too lazy to burn you.
    Plix
    Plix

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix September 1st 2009, 10:11 pm

lol@thread

Step out of the Sonic boards, that's where the loser Sonic fanboys are. It's not worth even looking in there.

Gen. SEGA is where its at. That at game specific boards. Other than that, go to SEGA Nerds.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog September 2nd 2009, 12:24 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:lol@thread

Step out of the Sonic boards, that's where the loser Sonic fanboys are. It's not worth even looking in there.

Gen. SEGA is where its at. That at game specific boards. Other than that, go to SEGA Nerds.
    What if I'm not interested in the other boards?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Zigzag10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 White10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 2nd 2009, 12:49 pm

Pfft, don't go to any of the other boards there either. They're worse, since at least Sonic fans can group together and take out Sonic fanatics in the Sonic Games forum. Whereas, as a Sonic fan in the other boards, you're just not treated as well. I know I wasn't. Really, just come here. This place is a much better sanctuary than SOA ever was or ever will be.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog September 2nd 2009, 12:53 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Pfft, don't go to any of the other boards there either. They're worse, since at least Sonic fans can group together and take out Sonic fanatics in the Sonic Games forum. Whereas, as a Sonic fan in the other boards, you're just not treated as well. I know I wasn't. Really, just come here. This place is a much better sanctuary than SOA ever was or ever will be.
    Yes, it is.
    a bee
    a bee

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by a bee September 2nd 2009, 8:13 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:lol@thread

I hardly stepped into the Sonic boards. Gen. SEGA is a joke. Console-specific boards are rife with monotone fanboyism arguments about graphics. Out of those forums it seems the Computer board seems to be the most intelligent.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix September 2nd 2009, 10:21 pm

There are intelligent people at SEGA, moreso than here, with all due respect. People on the PC board are really smart, and people like me, Ryan, and George are all avid SEGA fans, and most of the time are great to have a discussion with.

You guys must've had a terrible experience, because I love it there. But then again, I hate the Sonic boards, it's the most immature section of the whole forum.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Zigzag10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 White10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter September 2nd 2009, 11:59 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:There are intelligent people at SEGA, moreso than here, with all due respect. People on the PC board are really smart, and people like me, Ryan, and George are all avid SEGA fans, and most of the time are great to have a discussion with.

You guys must've had a terrible experience, because I love it there. But then again, I hate the Sonic boards, it's the most immature section of the whole forum.
    Not when I frequented Sonic Games. There were a great many people. In fact, most of the great forumers here were frequenters of Sonic Games. Last I was there, it was hardly immature, and yet continually got a bad rep despite improvements. Not to mention, rather than being kind people and trying to improve the place, they abadoned it to die under the so called immaturity that apparently plagues it.
    And really, intelligence means nothing if they're jerky to others. Which they were to me. I did not feel welcome there. Whereas, with Sonic Games, you're always welcome, even if you aren't nice.
    And really, if there are more intelligent members who are good natured, then they should be brought here anyway.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Blackr10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalg10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 White10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor September 3rd 2009, 1:21 am

SupaSEGA wrote:You guys must've had a terrible experience, because I love it there. But then again, I hate the Sonic boards, it's the most immature section of the whole forum.
    The best is when a stray wanders into the Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony forums.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest September 3rd 2009, 5:02 pm

Bill Withers described rather accurately what internet fora are like without the intelligent in '71, without even realizing it. And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, [coughhack] what it's like all too well.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medalw11Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Zigzag10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 White10Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern September 3rd 2009, 5:27 pm

I wouldnt join unless you we're to convince the 5 year olds there that I'm not a "troll"
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog September 4th 2009, 10:16 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:There are intelligent people at SEGA, moreso than here, with all due respect. People on the PC board are really smart, and people like me, Ryan, and George are all avid SEGA fans, and most of the time are great to have a discussion with.

Not when I frequented Sonic Games. There were a great many people. In fact, most of the great forumers here were frequenters of Sonic Games. Last I was there, it was hardly immature, and yet continually got a bad rep despite improvements. Not to mention, rather than being kind people and trying to improve the place, they abadoned it to die under the so called immaturity that apparently plagues it.
    And really, intelligence means nothing if they're jerky to others. Which they were to me. I did not feel welcome there. Whereas, with Sonic Games, you're always welcome, even if you aren't nice.
    And really, if there are more intelligent members who are good natured, then they should be brought here anyway.
    When I first joined, the Sonic Boards were great. But now lots of the more intelligent people left, and more immature people joined.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Should I bother with the SEGA forum anymore? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool September 5th 2009, 6:53 am

sykog77 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:

When I first joined, the Sonic Boards were great. But now lots of the more intelligent people left, and more immature people joined.
    maybe i should return to reclaim my kingdom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content